BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Grinds Your Gears ?

I worked in the legal department of a record label for 6 months, try telling the 3 lawyers who were let go in that time because of the decreasing profits (mainly attributed to illegal downloads) that it's perfectly all right. I personally don't have too much of a problem with downloading stuff, although I don't do it much myself as I like to own cds/dvds/games, but if you do it then don't try to justify. You just have to accept that you are stealing and breaking the law, but that you find it acceptable.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who live near me who think that, once the weather is nice and the temperature rises above 20 degees, I want to share their choice of music.

For some reason they think I'll enjoy their radio station of preference blaring out over the garden.

Time to extend the speaker cables & recipricate. "Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel" then some "Birthday Party," both on 11, should do the trick.

And you'll need it even louder as you get older, Sparky. A sad and unpalatable truth is that continuous loud music harms the hearing. I speak from experience... :(

Why dont ye play it louder then RM? It seems older people hate loud music!

Why dont ye play it louder then RM? It seems older people hate loud music!

Mum means it damages your hearing, or perhaps this way:

MUM MEANS THAT IT DAMAGES YOUR HEARING, is that loud enough.

sparky, I'd suggest you listen, it serious, loud music (Please don't use that word again)s your hearing.

take note now, or find out to your peril.

What grinds my gears?

Everybody thinking everything is rubbish all the time, and that Britain is a hell hole full of pedophiles, terrorists, traffic james, unending boredom, grind, corruption, griping, moaning on about how everything is SO UNFAIR, and a "stitch up" and how we are all victims all the bloody time, whilst everybody watches their damned plasma TVs, plays on their playstations, never going hungry and can freely express themselves and has their rights protected. It is so bloody ridiculous.

We live in what is about as close an approximation of paradise as has every been achieved by humans. Crack a smile. Enjoy it. Celebrate it. Try to make it better.

Although my original post was mainly about the report and the made up numbers it came out with everything that was said about downloading and record compaines, could be said for Premier league clubs. And it hits the smaller clubs first. US!!

similarly to downloading tracks and films, the league is available to watch in many local pubs or online (illegaly) and can be watched legally through Sky, setanta etc. this always affects the clubs with the smaller fan bases quickest, just like small independant record labels but it will only ever change when one of the Giants of football (fan base wise) cant fill their ground every week.

take Sony for example. they sold themselves out by bringing out the CD burners, selling Disks, DVD burners, Blue Ray burners. All for profits, but then complain when people use these to steal their music (not the greatest example) its kind of like waving a biscuit in front of a dog, having all the fun at its expense then complaining when it bites you!!

The PL sold its self to many different TV stations etc across the world, to increase money, but in a similar way made it easy to get hold of, and will suffer eventually.

Although my original post was mainly about the report and the made up numbers it came out with everything that was said about downloading and record compaines, could be said for Premier league clubs. And it hits the smaller clubs first. US!!

similarly to downloading tracks and films, the league is available to watch in many local pubs or online (illegaly) and can be watched legally through Sky, setanta etc. this always affects the clubs with the smaller fan bases quickest, just like small independant record labels but it will only ever change when one of the Giants of football (fan base wise) cant fill their ground every week.

take Sony for example. they sold themselves out by bringing out the CD burners, selling Disks, DVD burners, Blue Ray burners. All for profits, but then complain when people use these to steal their music (not the greatest example) its kind of like waving a biscuit in front of a dog, having all the fun at its expense then complaining when it bites you!!

The PL sold its self to many different TV stations etc across the world, to increase money, but in a similar way made it easy to get hold of, and will suffer eventually.

Its theft, no doubt about it. Your argument here is like saying becuase a shop makes bags sticking stolen stuff in those bags their fault for giving you the ability to nick stuff! Daft. DVD burners etc. are valuable product in their own right that do many things, they are not intended to be used for theft.

On the other hand it is clear to see that, provided they are not going to get caught, most people are happy to steal. This is sad. But perhaps not unsuprising. The Music and Film industries will have to roll with the punches as will the legislation the government makes. Unenforceable law is useless law.

Essentially the film industry will have to focus on generating money from Cinema's and musicians from live gigs. There is still a massively attractive amount of money to be made from that.

The crux of the issue is whether the quality of the product delivered suffer if this is the only way people can make cash? Actually, no. Not really imo. Indeed in music's case I would say the quality of the product has actually improved recently. But that is an issue of taste.

when you start a really important topic, and then posts get moved so it looks like you didn't.

When after reading most of the threads, they all revert back to when you visited the site first...thats annoying

I heard that Groups now, make almost nothing from CD's however Gigs are bringing in the Money. although 75 quid plus 10 quid booking fee is a huge rip off in my opinion

You should just sneak in for free then.

You're true in part and I don't want to pick at it too much, but Sony and Sony Music aren't truly the same company, certainly not before Sony bought BMG's 50% share of Sony BMG Music Entertainment

People who live near me who think that, once the weather is nice and the temperature rises above 20 degees, I want to share their choice of music.

Tonight it seems like they have been mostly burning tyres. Or it seems like it.

Grrrrrrrrrrr...

Must get gun, set it up on a tripod on the bathroom window. You'll all act as character witnesses when I'm on trial won't you?

Archived