BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gael Givet Signs

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favourite player, you just wouldn't mess with that guy. Remember one of the other players in an interview in one of the programmes said that Gael just has to stare at you, and you know that you're in the wrong.

I love this guy. Not really sure how he doesn't get into the French squad - but nothing surprises me about Domenech...

Favourite player, you just wouldn't mess with that guy. Remember one of the other players in an interview in one of the programmes said that Gael just has to stare at you, and you know that you're in the wrong.

I love this guy. Not really sure how he doesn't get into the French squad - but nothing surprises me about Domenech...

Unfortunately, on current form, I prefer Chimbonda nowhere near the starting XI so Givet at left back is the only viable option.

Olsson hasn't had a bad game at left back all season.

If we can find a good left winger in the summer then that is a definite option.

I know Jacobsen has played left back in the past, I wonder how he'd fit in there?

Olsson's best games have come on the wing, we don't need a left winger we need a left back.

Olsson gets beyond the defence and has scored a few goals and missed some as well, he's wasted a left back.

Lars foe me is one we don't need and we should be looking to move him on this summer. He'll not do much better than Chimbonda as he also doesn't have a left foot.

Lars foe me is one we don't need and we should be looking to move him on this summer. He'll not do much better than Chimbonda as he also doesn't have a left foot.

IMO I think we should be looking at shipping out Chimbonda instead of Jacobson.

When Jacobson has played he has been consistantly steady and reliable.

Chimbonda on the other hand has looked like he cant be arsed doing anything.

Against Bolton when Nelsen got injured. Sam chose to play Andrews at center back instead of taking a chance on Chimbonda (whose played that position before)....think that speaks volumes.

Olsson's best games have come on the wing, we don't need a left winger we need a left back.

Olsson gets beyond the defence and has scored a few goals and missed some as well, he's wasted a left back.

I don't think Olsson has scored apart from in the League Cup vs Villa? The goal that was harshly taken off him in the league was scored from left back.

He's doing well at the moment but I'm just not convinced he's a long term solution on the wing. I'll be happy if I'm wrong though because it's easier to find a good left back than it is a good left winger.

Givet is a quality center back in my opinion. A few weeks ago my ideal pairing would have been Samba and Givet at CB. That obviously throws up the problem of left back with Chimbonda who like most of us I don't rate or putting Olsson back there who I think is a better midfielder and can still be found out a bit in defense.

Fortunately we now have the new problem of Phil Jones and fitting them all into the side. The simplest solution has been to shift Givet to left back which he's still decent at but I worry about his pace, especially with Salgado also lacking pace on the other flank.

The positive though is that in Samba, Nelsen, Jones and Givet we have 4 good/very good center backs.

Love Givet though, he's the sort of player everyone loves having in their team, a proper no nonsense defender who doesn't shirk a challenge.

I think with Givet playing at LB we have been a lot more solid defensively. Neither Salgado or Givet play much of an attacking role, compared to Emerton when he played RB and Chimbonda/Ollson. That may well be one of the reasons as to why attacking wise we are not very convincing.

Another point I'd like to make is the language barrier facing Givet. From that video posted above, you could clearly see him venting his fury at Cisse, and other players. We have not seen him do that for Rovers as of yet, and that is obviously down to the language barrier. Hopefully, once his English is fluent enough, he could be more commanding in the defence, and it will only help the team.

Has had a good season and certainly one of Allardyce's best buys.

Another point I'd like to make is the language barrier facing Givet. From that video posted above, you could clearly see him venting his fury at Cisse, and other players. We have not seen him do that for Rovers as of yet, and that is obviously down to the language barrier.

Dunno about that we've loads of French speakers. Samba, Chimbonda, N'Zonzi, Lingaze, EHD and quite possibly also Hoillet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

He has an air of awesome about him, I think it's the beard and wild hair he just doesn't give one.

I love tough tackling full backs as well I was a fan of Unsal in his time here

Archived