BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gael Givet Signs

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool? Bloody scruffy more like. Shanks and Clough would have had him slung out.

And the world has moved on since then. Not saying it's for the better but in those days teachers could smack pupils, headteachers could cane them etc. Know which I prefer.

• Backroom

My new hero! who is this guy?!!

Apparenty he's a fashion designer, google professor badass to find him

I know this is heresy but aren't we overlooking something? In the last 3 or 4 games we've conceded 3 goals as a result of an opponent left alone wide on the right. It happened against Everton for the first goal and Arsenal for the first goal and I can't remember the other one. Fair enough he's not a left-back by choice but he needs to concentrate more than this. If it were Andrews we'd be after his blood! A very good player is Givet but hope he's more awake next season.

I know this is heresy but aren't we overlooking something? In the last 3 or 4 games we've conceded 3 goals as a result of an opponent left alone wide on the right. It happened against Everton for the first goal and Arsenal for the first goal and I can't remember the other one. Fair enough he's not a left-back by choice but he needs to concentrate more than this. If it were Andrews we'd be after his blood! A very good player is Givet but hope he's more awake next season.

He does a solid job at left-back, but you can tell it's not his favoured position. Next season, I'd like us to sign a recognised left-back and have Samba & Givet as our first-choice centre backs.

I agree, everyone would say drop Nelsen if he made a couple of mistakes, Ebanks-Blake and Van Persie both had free headers and Givet was the player supposedly marking them. Both were in central positions too, we can't use the excuse 'he's not a left back' it was sloppy defending. I do think he needs to concentrate more like you said. I do like him, I created the facebook group, Gaël Givet Is God! I used to think he was amazing but he's gone down slightly in my estimations, especially when you consider what we paid for him, I'm sure people forget we paid something in the region of £3.5 million.

I think Givet is a solid defender - never scared to put his head in where it hurts :)

Valid points about Arteta, Van persie & especially Sylvain Ebankes Blakes - Overall though very consistent and fully deserves the players player of year award - well done gael - Shrewd Signing...

Would definately be my number 1 choice to play along side Samba next season with Olsson (Maybe I like him further forward tho) and salgado as the full backs.

I heard Jones has played quite a few games v.good at right back however similarly toGivet hes best position is definately CB - might be an option and when defending set pieces would really benefit having jones in there rather than salgaso (What a signing he has turned into by the way-very solid).

What about this spanish Canella for Left back - 12 million euros tho surely there having a laugh.

Is anyone else like me rubbing their eyes in disbelief?

Yes, but not surprised that Mrs Nelsen made the above comment though ;)

Gael had Walcott in his pocket for the entire game on Monday. Also surely it would have been the much taller Nelsen and Samba's jobs to mark RVP?

I love Givet more each time I see him play, he's definitely going on the back of one of my shirts next season....perhaps I might even change my username to GIML :P

Yes, but not surprised that Mrs Nelsen made the above comment though ;)

Gael had Walcott in his pocket for the entire game on Monday. Also surely it would have been the much taller Nelsen and Samba's jobs to mark RVP?

I love Givet more each time I see him play, he's definitely going on the back of one of my shirts next season....perhaps I might even change my username to GIML :P

Nelsen was marking Diaby, he's an inch taller than Van Persie ;)

He's starting to remind me of Alan from 'The Hangover' the more his hair and beard grows, Givet pretty much is a one man wolf pack though to be fair.

Ha thats a good shout ....

Can anyone photshop Givet into this...

dom_alan_bus_shelter_-_hng_jpg_418x500_autocrop_q85.jpg

Givet has turned into a cult figure as these posts illustrate. It means that he won't be scrutinised as closely as other players. He's a terrific player but that doesn't mean he's perfect.

• 2 months later...

Givet is a bit of a forgotten man over here. He has been in and out of previous squads and I would be surprised if he ever gets a chance again. There are some good defenders who weren't involved in the world cup squad and a few talented youngsters coming through as well. Ligue 1 churns out players as clubs usually can't afford to buy from abroad, so I think Givet's time has probably passed.

Givet is a bit of a forgotten man over here. He has been in and out of previous squads and I would be surprised if he ever gets a chance again. There are some good defenders who weren't involved in the world cup squad and a few talented youngsters coming through as well. Ligue 1 churns out players as clubs usually can't afford to buy from abroad, so I think Givet's time has probably passed.

I guess Blanc can go two ways, either try some earlier forgotten players like Givet or look at youngsters. Would just be awesome to see him get a final shot at the national team though.

• 7 months later...

Archived