BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gael Givet Signs

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if my employer were to give me a car worth £85k what response should I expect if I ask them then to pay my tax on it for me & THEN whinge & whine that it's their fault for not telling me that I had accrued any tax lability ?

Has the concept of personal accountability disappeared completely from society these days ?

Has the concept of personal accountability disappeared completely from society these days ?

Pretty much yes.

It's also why coffee cup lids have words "Caution: contents may be hot" moulded into them.

I highly doubt this would've gotten this far or Givet would've done this under the old ownership and JW. Call me naive but I cant see it.

I don't really know the situation proper but I'm sure that the initial problem would've been done under the old ownership and JW.

Happy if this means he'll leave, he's a poor full back and we've got plenty of centre backs.

But we have no other left-back and, by default, he's the best we have. We could do with him at left-back showing passion and commitment for the last 8 games, not disaffected.

Well if the tribunal has their wits about them the first question they should ask Givet to answer is: "Would you rather have paid the agents fees yourself instead of the club paying them for you; because then you would not have had any tax liability at all?"

"The only problem then would be that your agents fees woul have amounted to far more than the tax you now have to pay on the benefit of the club paying them for you"

I highly doubt this would've gotten this far or Givet would've done this under the old ownership and JW. Call me naive but I cant see it.

You saying JW & The trust were soft touches?

Because as pretty much everyone is pointing out...its his problem for poor advice, not our fault. It should be his agent trying court, not him.....if thats his attitute towards a club who saved him from the scrapheap then good riddance.

• Backroom

On the fringes of a Marseille team isn't exactly the scrapheap Hughesy.

We don't know the detail so I wont comment further on the situation but I hope it can be sorted I rate Givet highly.

I'm not sure how good Givet's English is, but he may have been led to believe by his French agent that the club screwed him over with the contract, whereas it seems his agent was the one that stuffed up. Don't forget Adam took Blackpool to court over his contract recently as well. He still continues to excel for them even after that incident. Let's just hope Givet continues to perform for us for the rest of the season, but if he decides to leave that would be quite unfortunate.

We'll definitely need a new left back next season, I just hope Myles Anderson isn't the answer ;)

Archived