BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Accrington Stanley

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went, and up until the sending off, Stanley gave as good as they got.

In the second half, Fulham got the ball down a bit more and used the extra space well. In the end, their class and fitness told.

Stuart Attwell really is a poor referee as he gave a lot of poor decisions, but I still need to see the second yellow offence again. Seemed harsh, but I bet if that was a Fulham player he would have just had a word.

I thought the challenge was a yellow card but in saying that I wasnt aware that he had been previously booked, Its funny when you correct yourself in a matter of seconds, I was saying oooh thats a bad challenge, he's going to get a yellow for that then when the red came out I was saying WTF ! that wasnt even worth a yellow.

I think as a ref in the FA CUP you owe it to the fans and players to have a fair game, lower league supporters and players dream of winning matches like this and in all fairness I really think stanley could have got something today had he not been sent off so early, a strong word in his ear 1 more and your gone would have been enough.

Such a shame really as John Coleman is doing great there and it would have been nice for him and the fans that sung their heart out to get something from the game.

• 1 month later...

After last night's win, Accy are in a strong position to claim a play-off slot. They could be having a dingle derby the season after next.

Rochdale and Burton at home next 2 fixtures. Very tough games, but even 2 draws wouldn't be a disaster.

I'd love a trip to Wembley with Stanley!

After last night's win, Accy are in a strong position to claim a play-off slot. They could be having a dingle derby the season after next.

... or even better ... they could pass each other like 'ships in the night'.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived