BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'Our Best Player' that doesnt want to play for us you mean?? No rebuilding job if we dont flog him and get some decent cash in!

Look how that turned out this season gone with the departure of Bentley.

To be fair though, their starting 11 is starting to look much stronger, especially if you compare them to Villa.

---------Given------------

Onouha--Richards--Dunne--Bridge (Thanks for reminder)

------------------------------------

SWP---Barry---Ireland---Petrov

-----------------------------------

-----Bellamy---Robinho-------

Subs: Hart, Caciedo, Kompany, De Jong, Bojinov

They now need to add probably 2 quality attackers, another midfielder and a couple of quality defenders (and iv heard rumours SAMBA is very high up their defensive target list - Nicko have you heard anything???). Villa on the other hand have had 2 massive blows in the loss of Barry & Laursen.

there will be major infighting at city if the best kompany and dejong can hope for is the bench, they'll be wanting right out as they'd walk into the first 11 of bigger clubs.................if city carry on spending 15m on every position they'll never keep a happy ship and i'd imagine robinho would be chief stirrer. I hope so anyway

there will be major infighting at city if the best kompany and dejong can hope for is the bench, they'll be wanting right out as they'd walk into the first 11 of bigger clubs.................if city carry on spending 15m on every position they'll never keep a happy ship and i'd imagine robinho would be chief stirrer. I hope so anyway

Yes, i do think City could run into problems if they don't win most of their games. Hughes is going to have to leave big names out, a huge squad to keep happy, and a strange balance to the side (loads of attacking midfielders, few "proper" strikers). Hughes will have to settle them and bind them like Mourinho did at Chelsea.

No easy task.

I dont think that he (Mark Hughes) is making all of the descisions over there in the middle eastlands, perhaps in some cases they will be buying players for him. I think squad dynamics were very important for Hughes at Rovers, and I reckon the owners will be doing the business with regards to the bigger signings (Kaka, Robinho & the other's that they have been linked with).

They will spend massive money, and win nothing, and realise that if they arn't in the Champions League, they will struggle to attract the best foreign players, if the the other 'bigger' european clubs move for those same players.

I reckon Hughes will be gone by the new year, if not then, by the end of the season.

I will feel sorry for him because he deserves success, he worked wonders for us, but I reckon internally City will be a mess, too many cooks, spoiling the broth I think!!!

Hughesy, you have to understand that almost certainly at most only 50% of any headline figure transfer for RSC can possibly be recyclable for transfer fees.

1) 20% disappears in transaction costs

2) RSC has his take from the sum as well according to nico

3) Wages are inflating still so some of the transfer income will be held back for wages

4) There is the story that the bank would demand an overdraft reduction- I don't know how true it is but it is believable

OK if the £17m, £18m or £20m trigger is triggered (whichever it is), RSC will be gone. Otherwise it makes no sense to sell.

Anyway I see you have brought the argument into a thread that is neither the RSC nor the Sam transfer thread.

So getting back on the subject, how stupid are Man City?

They could not sign Kaka with a £130m wadge and it looks like Real Madrid are doing the biz with £55m!!!

Hughesy, you have to understand that almost certainly at most only 50% of any headline figure transfer for RSC can possibly be recyclable for transfer fees.

2) RSC has his take from the sum as well according to nico

3) Wages are inflating still so some of the transfer income will be held back for wages

4) There is the story that the bank would demand an overdraft reduction- I don't know how true it is but it is believable

OK if the £17m, £18m or £20m trigger is triggered (whichever it is), RSC will be gone. Otherwise it makes no sense to sell.

Anyway I see you have brought the argument into a thread that is neither the RSC nor the Sam transfer thread.

So getting back on the subject, how stupid are Man City?

They could not sign Kaka with a £130m wadge and it looks like Real Madrid are doing the biz with £55m!!!

They aren't stupid - just not famous, so they have to try the only advantage they have, which is dosh. Rich people sometimes don't understand that sometimes money is not that important. Having enough and to spare is great, but beyond that are things like job satisfaction, living in a decent place, prestige and the chance of fulfilling your ambitions. Better chance of all that lot at Real.

Should I say the same for your last few posts in the "Other PL Happenings" when you are outlining the financial implications of selling Santa Cruz?

You are far too slow eddie- I already had done then posted on the RSC thread.

He'll make just as much money at Real Madrid as he would have at City.

£9m a season, compared to 500k a week/ £26m a season - I cant see it somehow.

Pay a stupidly high fee and you have a deal. Other than that go away, Samba is one of our best assets.

Samba IS OUR BEST ASSET. £15m to start talking or go away. Want our best player, pay a big price. Especially if Bolton rate Cahill at £20m.

Just out of interest - what are the transaction costs? 4m out of 20m seems a lot for 'transaction costs' - but I don't know what these count as. I'm assuming not a signing on fee, as that would come under his cut in your other point.

Archived