BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Support Home Support!

As we all know, Rovers ticket prices are as cheap as you will get in the Premiership. However, it frustrates me that most weeks the attendances are very low apart from when we play big teams or the last home game of the season. Where are those fans every other week? It is obvious that the team play well when we turn up in huge numbers for the games and its alot more plesent for ourselves when theres a good atmosphere. I hope there is going to be a huge improvement. I hate seeing low attendances. It would be nice to see alot more 28,000s like the last game of the season.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As we all know, Rovers ticket prices are as cheap as you will get in the Premiership. However, it frustrates me that most weeks the attendances are very low apart from when we play big teams or the last home game of the season. Where are those fans every other week? It is obvious that the team play well when we turn up in huge numbers for the games and its alot more plesent for ourselves when theres a good atmosphere. I hope there is going to be a huge improvement. I hate seeing 15,000 and 18,000 and even 21,000. It would be nice to see alot more 28,000s like the last game of the season.

This will prob get locked but I'll get my 2 penneth worth in.

We have NEVER had a 15k crowd in the Premier League since the ground was built.

We have very rarely got 18k crowds.

We are the best supported club, bar none for population and demographics in the country. It is very difficult for a club in a small town to get consistnmt 28k crowds, Birmingham City would love to get 28k crowds and they are in the second largest city in the country!

Think before you speak.

No matter what you say, our attendances have been disappointing. There are no excuses. Why is it difficult to get 28,000 crowds? Is it because people would rather sit in the pubs? ;)

Totally disagree, name me a club, ANY club in the UK that averages 20000 home fans from an area like Blackburn. Of course 'going the pub' is not an excuse, but why should we be any different from any other fanbase? All clubs have sections of their 'support' that need a rocket up them, thats life! You cant force them to go.

To get 20k home support is a superb achievement, that isnt to be sniffed at. If we are getting 26-28k for a lot of games next season, it will be a joy to behold, but we shouldnt be 'expected' to pull in these crowds.

No matter what you say, our attendances have been disappointing. There are no excuses. Why is it difficult to get 28,000 crowds? Is it because people would rather sit in the pubs? ;)

errr...there are excuses. For the population of the town, attendances aren't so bad. 30,000 every game would be nice but lets face it...to take a family to football week in week out and pay for everything else that comes with it just isn't realistic for the average family.

It may have something to do with the following:

1: we are a TOWN club,Blackburn has a population of approx 125,000.To get the numbers you are talking about it would require a FITH of the population to turn out.We happen to be in an area with some SERIOUS competition for Rovers support.

2: We are surrounded within an hours drive by the following clubs:Man utd,Man city,Liverpool,Everton,Leeds,Burnley,Preston,Wigan,Bolton and a host of smaller clubs (BTW 6 of the clubs i just mentioned are within 1/2 hours drive)

3: Blackburn as an area isn`t very affluent,people do not have the money to spend watching football.

4: A lot of supporters are fed up of paying mercenary footballers obscene wages only to see them not care a jot about the club that employs them.

5: Too much football on tv is killing the game,it is too much of an everyday thing now and in a lot of cases is monotonous.

Blackburn do very well with regards to support and hopefully next season will be better.

These aren`t excuses but cold hard facts and anybody who has given the matter the slightest bit of thought would realise this. :glare:

THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT WILL GET SO YOU MAY AS WELL GET USED TO IT!

(I will be generous,i will give this thread until teatime :P )

Its just my point of view lads. I respect what you all say though. It wont make me stop supporting the Rovers. I suppose we should just be happy with what we get. The more the merrier though. :D

Sparky is right - when we won the league, we had 19k season ticket holders and then probably at least another 5k walk-ons.

Hopefully next season we can achieve 19-20k season ticket holders. If that happens and we start performing well and get back up to around 6-8th then the crowds will soon increase and who knows we might even get a sell-out.

True true true. Too many bandwagonners at the minute though when we play Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea!

So what do you want? Bandwagoners or more people in the ground?

True true true. Too many bandwagonners at the minute though when we play Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea!

Again, totally inaccurate, the 4 games in which we played the 'Big 4' probably had the least amount of Rovers fans on the ground of any league game all season.

We get enough stick off the media and other clubs fans, who are totally ignorant of how well supported the Rovers are. Lets not have our own fans getting in on the act!

Im not against our fans at all. I just cant understand why the attendances are so poor for most of the season and then all of a sudden the grounds filled when we're playing a big match. Every match is important for a club like us so it would be nice to see a more consistent support at Ewood. The tickets/season tickets are cheaper than most clubs so Blackburn Rovers cant really do much more apart from try to get the team to perform and with a huge support that will happen. It takes time. Im confident next season will be a good one!

I just cant understand why the attendances are so poor for most of the season and then all of a sudden the grounds filled when we're playing a big match.

Did you read any of the posts above yours? There were more Rovers fans in the ground against Wigan, Portsmouth & WBA than against any of the top 4!

Plus you have to remember than when we play Man Utd & Liverpool they bring 7k+!

I have read all the posts. Our attendances are poor and the club is doing its best to encourage more to come. We need to start making more of an effort.

Which 'we' would this be? I came with sixteen to the last home match, six of whom had never been before and loved it; five will buy season tickets, six already have season tickets, two are unable to come on a regular basis although interested and the others are distant.

I'm fed up with all this preaching to the converted <_< particularly from those who are not local (and if you ARE local stop banging on about it and do a bit of recruiting yourself).

Our attendances haven't always been that great this season because we have done poorly, but we got some good crowds for the final three home games. 25,000 against Wigan, 24,000 against Pompey and 28,000 against West Brom. Remember as well, West Brom brought about 3,000 fans to the game but the other two had about 1,000, meaning we had a really good amount of fans backing us in those games.

Also, the games against Arsenal and Chelsea this season brought roughly 23,000 and 20,500 fans to Ewood, which is not as much compared to a lot of the other games we have played.

We are a small town and it is difficult to maintain a high level of support throughout the season.

Which 'we' would this be? I came with sixteen to the last home match, six of whom had never been before and loved it; five will buy season tickets, six already have season tickets, two are unable to come on a regular basis although interested and the others are distant.

I'm fed up with all this preaching to the converted <_< particularly from those who are not local (and if you ARE local stop banging on about it and do a bit of recruiting yourself).

roversmum, it's as annoying as fans that complain about players, the manager and the performance when they cant even be bothered to attend, basing their opinions on radio commentary or internet streaming of the games.

Absolutely, Alan.

For instance, when the club run a 'bring a friend' promotion and say you can move seats to sit with your friends, folks start whining about 'oh, I like my seat and I don't want to move' (even for one match to bring someone who could possibly be interested and a potential new season ticket holder???). You can get over that by bringing a couple of friends, meet them before and after the match for a drink and let THEM sit together.

Particularly in regard to your point, I usually watch any match both at the ground AND later on television, and it can look vastly different and give you a totally different impression. As for Radio, listen to Radio Rovers and Radio Lancashire and you get different impressions again. Some commenators seem to feel that their sole purpose is not to commentate on the match but to air their knowlege on all things football (Yes, Radio Lancashire, I'm pointing at YOU).

Our average crowd this season has been 23,481 only a few hundred down on last season I do believe.Our gates are not the largest (we all know the reasons) but one thing our support/gates has been is quite loyal and consistant over the seasons.

After a quite frankly shocking 3/4 of a season where Roverites had their patience pushed to the ruddy limit our fans deserve all credit for keeping the faith and backing the side.....we have beaten both Bolton and Wigan in the local attendance stakes this season.

Archived