BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Support Home Support!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Richard Dinnis is a Rover, seems so when my Dad used to speak to him when he coached at Clitheroe Grammar School. Maybe thats why he appears overly critical, we all know that people are overly critical of the team they're passionate for.

Frig sake can we end this now. I only started a topic. I love Blackburn Rovers and I love the fans. No im not local, im from Northern Ireland. Whats wrong with that tho?

Sorry Ni,but you can`t start slating Rovers support without expecting a backlash.Here in England we get slated constantly about our gates,usually from people who don`t live in the area and who don`t understand the varied support throughout the region (hence why your location was brought up).

The north west has 8 premiership teams from a population of just over 6.85m as opposed to London who have 5 premiership teams from a population of over 7m.But you also have to take into account that london clubs also draw a lot of support from neighbouring counties such as kent,surrey essex etc.

Also it makes a difference that we have on our doorstep 2 of the most successful and glamorous clubs in WORLD football,which attracts fans that might otherwise have been drawn to their local clubs.Both within an hours drive.

As i explained in my earlier post,East Lancashire is far from an affluent area and people choose to spend their money very carefully.Which usually means watching live football is way down the list of priorities.

Next season will hopefully be better given the price reductions and we can realistically expect our home support to grow by about another 2-3,000.Anything else imo will be a huge bonus.

One of my mates has been saying he will get a S/T for 3 years. This season he has just purchased his first one with another regular, me and my brother who didn't get one last season (although I was going renew anyway). Really looking forward for August now.

Thanks bacup blue. I genuinely wasnt going against our fans. I was just wondering why its always pretty low but i honestly understand now. I get so much stick from other footy fans over here and i always try to give a reason but they just laugh. Im glad to have the facts on screen now though. Im buying a season ticket for next season. I might only get to a handful of games but its well worth having and it wont go to waste. Thanks lads! :)

Thanks bacup blue. I genuinely wasnt going against our fans. I was just wondering why its always pretty low but i honestly understand now. I get so much stick from other footy fans over here and i always try to give a reason but they just laugh. Im glad to have the facts on screen now though. Im buying a season ticket for next season. I might only get to a handful of games but its well worth having and it wont go to waste. Thanks lads! :)

Its Ok!

Think it shows that all that bull about Newcastle fans 'being so passionate, 'deserving success' yadadada is all about perception.

The passion of Rovers fans is equal to anyone, just such a shame we dont have a bigger catchment area.

Up the Rovers!

S'funny, all this talk of Rovers support and the arguments pro and con regarding the quality & quantity - It reminds me of the slogan the club used to have in the old 3rd Division, which (if my memory serves me correctly) featured on a double decker bus going round the town and read, "Bring a friend and double the attendance!".

Times have so changed! But perceptions about what is a decent crowd seem to have gone backwards!

:)

Our average crowd this season has been 23,481

The Dingles are praying for crowds like that next term.

I`m pretty confident our 'average att' will be around the 25k/26k mark next season.

Might I suggest donating to the Season Tickets for Charity initiative if you're not able to make it to games? We pay full price for season tickets, which Rovers graciously convert to match day seats, and are then distributed to local underprivileged/troubled youth organization.

We've been doing it two years now, and it's never been more affordable than now...

Might I suggest donating to the Season Tickets for Charity initiative if you're not able to make it to games? We pay full price for season tickets, which Rovers graciously convert to match day seats, and are then distributed to local underprivileged/troubled youth organization.

We've been doing it two years now, and it's never been more affordable than now...

I think there is probably a market for number of season ticket holders who can afford it to give what they have saved to the scheme as well. I've been meaning to give something for both the last two seasons but I will commit to definitely donating my saving this year. Anyone want to join me?

Yeah up the Rovers! And when the Burnley tramps come to town, the place will be bouncing. Let all those glory hunters support Liverpool and Utd. Rovers till I die!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Absolutely. Apologies if I was a bit harsh, but as has been said, we get attendances pushed down our throats at every opportunity by the media and other clubs' supporters over and over again and it gets very annoying.

I got some kid in a Liverpool shirt telling me my team was '@#/?' the other day in my local shop - he went off with burning ears I can tell you. I very rarely wear anything other than a Rovers shirt (unless I'm going somewhere posh lol) and often get stopped to chat about the club but I will never put up with anyone saying that about my club especially from some jumped up glory hunter who doesn't know the meaning of the word 'fan'!

Absolutely. Apologies if I was a bit harsh, but as has been said, we get attendances pushed down our throats at every opportunity by the media and other clubs' supporters over and over again and it gets very annoying.

I got some kid in a Liverpool shirt telling me my team was '@#/?' the other day in my local shop - he went off with burning ears I can tell you. I very rarely wear anything other than a Rovers shirt (unless I'm going somewhere posh lol) and often get stopped to chat about the club but I will never put up with anyone saying that about my club especially from some jumped up glory hunter who doesn't know the meaning of the word 'fan'!

Bless you Mum. Love it, hahaha. That kid will now know the real meaning of the bully boys :-) we dont allow teams to mess with us!

iv always found our fans to be some of the best.... when we play away, iv been there a few times when us rovers fans have out sung a sold out old trafford.

our gates are about as big as we are going to get imo, all the 'game a month' type of fans will get a ST cause its cheaper thus reducing the match day ticket sales, one thing iv noticed over the last 3-4 years is this: the BBE has the most atmosphere, riverside will join in now and then and JW stand only really clap along (not meaning to cause offence) WBA game no one minus id say half to 3/4s of the BBE was singing unless it was a tugay chant, even then it wasnt many but when we played wigan n pompey the stadium was rocking..

so goin from that, dispite the size of our gates if we dont get behind the team they dont play well, as a result of the team playing poor the crowd dont get behind the team, its a big bad circle. rather than trying to get everyone you know to buy a season ticket maybe we should try getting behind the team, that will lift their spirits and they will play better AND as a result of all the hard work we will attract more fans because we will be playing better

*waits for post to be slated*

One great way to increase attendance in the long-term and prevent little tykes such as the one RoversMum mentioned earlier is to take your sons/daughters friends to a match as a treat. It only takes one game to catch the "bug" and if you can prevent a yung'un from jumping on a Big 4 bandwagon and taking to their LOCAL Mighty Blue'n'White instead you will be saving a precious soul.

Birthdays are a good excuse, take your kid and one of his mates who is non-affiliated or has little or no interest in footy (lets face it most of us were like that at one stage) as a birthday treat. I reckon there will be a fair few fans who came to support Rovers cos their mates Dad took them one weekend.

Must admit I've never heard of the Season Ticket for charity thing, can someone post/send a link or address, think I will move my monthly donation from Save The Children to that instead, charity begins at home after all.

I went on a Ground Tour at Easter time. There was a party of kids on it, most of them were wearing Manc or Pool shirts. Fair play to the kid (a Rovers' supporter) whose birthday it was, for bringing them. They are definitely out there to be converted.

Would definitely recommend a Ground Tour if you haven't been. Worth every penny.

Archived