BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Support Home Support!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in an ideal world the riverside would be closer to pitch and/or attached to bburn end, as songs would spread through to the riverside. as it is now, any song which gets into the riverside ends up 'floating' away due to the distance from the pitch.

i reckon the right hand side of the bburn end (those who stand up) have a big part to play in future years.

we've lost our way vocally in the past 15 yeasrs and the only songs which ever really get going at home are the likes of barmy army! very infantile song in my opinion. hoewver, the reason it actually does get going is that it's simple.

therefore, withe help of the bburn end right side i think we shiould get back to the old simple stuff:

1) we are the rovers (we hate burnley) - much more of a real footy chant than 'barmy army'

2) come on rovers, come on rovers.

3) come on rovers, come on rovers. come on rovers, come on.....come on rovers, come on rovers. come on rovers, come on.....

4) rovers, rovers, rovers, rovers, (as per villa, boro, leicester, chelsea)

no good 50 odd fans singing an original song that doesn't get going, better having the above to create an atmos.

getting rid of the drummer is a start and i could go on forever...........lets get back to being proper football fans!

in an ideal world the riverside would be closer to pitch and/or attached to bburn end, as songs would spread through to the riverside. as it is now, any song which gets into the riverside ends up 'floating' away due to the distance from the pitch.

i reckon the right hand side of the bburn end (those who stand up) have a big part to play in future years.

we've lost our way vocally in the past 15 yeasrs and the only songs which ever really get going at home are the likes of barmy army! very infantile song in my opinion. hoewver, the reason it actually does get going is that it's simple.

therefore, withe help of the bburn end right side i think we shiould get back to the old simple stuff:

1) we are the rovers (we hate burnley) - much more of a real footy chant than 'barmy army'

2) come on rovers, come on rovers.

3) come on rovers, come on rovers. come on rovers, come on.....come on rovers, come on rovers. come on rovers, come on.....

4) rovers, rovers, rovers, rovers, (as per villa, boro, leicester, chelsea)

no good 50 odd fans singing an original song that doesn't get going, better having the above to create an atmos.

getting rid of the drummer is a start and i could go on forever...........lets get back to being proper football fans!

The lefties are standing up more as well lately. I'm bang in the middle of the lower tier and have put in a request to move either left or right for the very reason that chanting is there. I feel embarassed to start a chant in the middle. I either get no response or am told to 'sit down and just watch the game you little sh*t'.....

The lefties are standing up more as well lately. I'm bang in the middle of the lower tier and have put in a request to move either left or right for the very reason that chanting is there. I feel embarassed to start a chant in the middle. I either get no response or am told to 'sit down and just watch the game you little sh*t'.....

been told to do that a few times..

we should go back to basics and start fresh with most if not all out chants.. who here can honestly say they know no nay never word for word? (both verses)

when we are winning/having a good game ewood is 3/4s bouncing, when we are losing/playing poor we have about 200 people singing.. how many times have you heard "your support is effin poo" this season?

we need the drummer to get the chants going, the drummer should be sat near the singers in the BBE. and we should also have 5 or 6 others around the ground (one in each stand and in the uppers) as that will encourage others to join in.

when X player is having a good game we should chant the tune we have for them, imho i think it will encourage other players to put a performance in so we chant for them, even if it means we have to chant MGP tralalala.

and i have a idea for when winter comes, we all take a BRFC scarf to games and wave it abouve our heads like we used to in the good days..

while on the subject of songs, is there any way we can get the club to stop playing no nay never when the players come out and put the final countdown back on? and to stop them playing that dreadful tune thats like the BS b+w army all together?

we always used to sing the rovers rovers tune (the one villa sing all the time, even burnley use it) in the old blackburn end-

never understood why this died off as it is simple, and when all are singing, its very loud.

bring it back. :rover:

we need the drummer to get the chants going, the drummer should be sat near the singers in the BBE. and we should also have 5 or 6 others around the ground (one in each stand and in the uppers) as that will encourage others to join in.

NO WE DONT !!!!!!!!! WE DONT WANT THE DRUMMER AND I CAN CATAGOROLLY STATE 100% PURE FACT WE DONT WANT HIM SAT/STOOD NEAR US.IF HE DID THERE IS A DISTINCT POSS THAT THE FOREMENTIONED DRUMMER WOULD LEAVE THE BBE WITH HIS DRUM STICK STICKING OUT OF HIS ARSE!!!!! AND I AINT KIDDING!!!

NO WE DONT !!!!!!!!! WE DONT WANT THE DRUMMER AND I CAN CATAGOROLLY STATE 100% PURE FACT WE DONT WANT HIM SAT/STOOD NEAR US.IF HE DID THERE IS A DISTINCT POSS THAT THE FOREMENTIONED DRUMMER WOULD LEAVE THE BBE WITH HIS DRUM STICK STICKING OUT OF HIS ARSE!!!!! AND I AINT KIDDING!!!

Calm down calm down. Billy's retired. The West Brom game was a one-off for Tugay.

I loved the atmosphere at the end of last season, I was sat in the Jack Walker library stand, I started singing and got some right filthy looks. I totally agree with sacking/binning/shooting the drummer, its so repetitive. My biggest bug bear has to be the music and that useless women at half time. I was always brought up with the impression wild rover was a dingle tune, its awlful bring back the final countdown and stick with it. The half time draw women is terrible, as bad as that bloke from The Apprentice, give it someone with a true passion for the club, Beamo was good as was Graham Liver from the BBC, what about Andy Cook from 107 The Bee, he's always going on about Rovers

I heard that Burnley were running out to the Final Countdown last season - is this true? :angry:

Anyway, just listen to some of the other drivel played round the league - Wild Rover is pretty good in comparison to some of those!

Where did you sit, Russ? I've never seen anyone giving filthy looks to a person singing, I have been known to join in the odd chant myself even, and I often shout words of encouragement (!) to Big Sam and the nearest Linesman!

we always used to sing the rovers rovers tune (the one villa sing all the time, even burnley use it) in the old blackburn end-

never understood why this died off as it is simple, and when all are singing, its very loud.

bring it back. :rover:

yeah, that's my whole point, it#s simple and can get going v easily. not inventive but who cares if it creates an atmos!

If somebody gives you a dirty look or tells you to sit down for singing and supporting your club, use these simple words:

"###### off you miserable git"

I don't personally hate the drummer. He is obviously a great supporter. However, it gets on my nerves after a while, especially when hes jumping around like an idiot banging it in peoples ears with no regard for them.

I whole heartedly agree. Nothing personal to the drummer though. :rolleyes:

Tell them where to go mate! :rover:

On the basis of atmosphere and songs (and the drum) - as some on here do know I do like to pen a ditty now and again and have had one pondering for a while (still have another in mind) - should really be in the Song Section but this seems an apt time to air it.

Thinking this a more of an anthem - I am not aware of any other fans adopting it (but could be proven wrong otherwise) or having sung the tune, hence why the delay (been doing my own checking) .

Its catchy, well known , simple (like me) and not embarrasing -to the tune -Rhythm of My Heart -Rod Stewart

Oh rhythm of my heart is beating like a drum

With the words i love you rolling off my tongue

No never will I roam for I know my place is home

Where the ocean meets the sky

Ill be sailing

Slightly tweaked to Kayos Epic version

'The Rhythm of our hearts is beating like a drum

With the words we love you rolling of our tongues

No matter where we roam , we know our place is home

With the Blue and Whites

Down at E...wood'

Keep changing the ending around but that's the gist of it

On the basis of atmosphere and songs (and the drum) - as some on here do know I do like to pen a ditty now and again and have had one pondering for a while (still have another in mind) - should really be in the Song Section but this seems an apt time to air it.

Thinking this a more of an anthem - I am not aware of any other fans adopting it (but could be proven wrong otherwise) or having sung the tune, hence why the delay (been doing my own checking) .

Its catchy, well known , simple (like me) and not embarrasing -to the tune -Rhythm of My Heart -Rod Stewart

Oh rhythm of my heart is beating like a drum

With the words i love you rolling off my tongue

No never will I roam for I know my place is home

Where the ocean meets the sky

Ill be sailing

Slightly tweaked to Kayos Epic version

'The Rhythm of our hearts is beating like a drum

With the words we love you rolling of our tongues

No matter where we roam , we know our place is home

With the Blue and Whites

Down at E...wood'

Keep changing the ending around but that's the gist of it

Your a genius! :rolleyes:

Wouldn't say genius - just have a tendency to start singing in football rhythm mode when I hear tunes mostly when I am driving or on my own in my own world - I take it from there but also have moments like this

Had a really strange dream the other night - dreamt we where playing Blackppol but it scened like watching Mario World ( colourful and that type of visual scenario if you get if my drift) , however the ground was rocking and everybody was in singing a song that is well known (and easy and catchy) ... I remember when I woke up about the dream and thought that would be great but can I remember the song .. can I hell ( so can't have been that catchy :lol:

I have a few bits and pieces that I go back to now and again trying to conjure up some tunes .. have had some over the years but they haven't taken off but some have been bad

I have been working on a song in my head for a while, which isnt complete but hopefully you will get the idea of...I think we need a really good club anthem, and the tune and the lyrics seem to fit quite well IMHO.

Here goes (To the tune of Jerusalem - imagine the whole BBE belting this out when we are a couple of goals up!):

And did those feet in ancient time,

Walk upon Ewoods pitch of Green,

And was the Holy dream of Jack,

On Ewood's pleasant pastures seen.

And did the countenance divine,

Shine forth upon our clouded hills,

And was Ewood Park built here,

Among those dark satanic mills.

Bring me our badge with the red rose,

Bring me my shirt of blue and white,

Bring me our code: Arte Et Labore,

Our boys in Blue have skill and fight.

I will not cease to wear the shirt,

Nor will my scarf sleep in my hand,

Till we have seen the Rovers win,

In Ewoods green and pleasant land.

(I have had half the song floating around my head for a while, and have made the rest up on the spot to finish it off, but you get the idea...)

Try looking on youtube for a video of the song with the lyrics and swap these in. It does kind of work but maybe needs tweaking).

KEEP THE RED ROSE IN MY HEART,

KEEP ME ROVERS,

I PRAY,

KEEP ME ROVERS,

KEEP ME ROVERS TIL MY DYING DAY,

WE ARE ROVERS,

WE ARE ROVERS,

WE ARE ROVERS,

TIL OUR DYING DAY,

WE ARE ROVERS,

WE ARE ROVERS,

WE ARE ROVERS,

TIL OUR DYING DAY.

DP

That last verse suggests we might have a long wait till we see a Rovers win at Ewood ( ie waiting for a post apocalypse second coming of a new Jerusalem/Ewood!). Let's hope not, eh?

TBH best keep it succinct. I don't think you can beat the simplicity of our team's glorious initials as per my sig...shouted loud and repeatedly, it does sum things up neatly in its understated way.

I also quite like < Cmon you Blues > particularly at corners, which seems to have fallen out of favour in recent times. Admittedly it is a bit imploring but not quite as desperate as < Getintoem > a chant for which also there is a time and a place, despite its many naysayers.

:rover:

I have been working on a song in my head for a while, which isnt complete but hopefully you will get the idea of...I think we need a really good club anthem, and the tune and the lyrics seem to fit quite well IMHO.

Here goes (To the tune of Jerusalem - imagine the whole BBE belting this out when we are a couple of goals up!):

And did those feet in ancient time,

Walk upon Ewoods pitch of Green,

And was the Holy dream of Jack,

On Ewood's pleasant pastures seen.

And did the countenance divine,

Shine forth upon our clouded hills,

And was Ewood Park built here,

Among those dark satanic mills.

Bring me our badge with the red rose,

Bring me my shirt of blue and white,

Bring me our code: Arte Et Labore,

Our boys in Blue have skill and fight.

I will not cease to wear the shirt,

Nor will my scarf sleep in my hand,

Till we have seen the Rovers win,

In Ewoods green and pleasant land.

(I have had half the song floating around my head for a while, and have made the rest up on the spot to finish it off, but you get the idea...)

Try looking on youtube for a video of the song with the lyrics and swap these in. It does kind of work but maybe needs tweaking).

I like it , would keep it to just the ending though from 'bring me my badge' and just juggle the last verse to ie 'As we see the Rovers win ' etc

Very good effort - could easily be taken up by a 'uncouth northern horde'

KEEP ME ROVERS,

I PRAY,

KEEP ME ROVERS,

KEEP ME ROVERS TIL MY DYING DAY,

WE ARE ROVERS,

WE ARE ROVERS,

WE ARE ROVERS,

TIL OUR DYING DAY,

WE ARE ROVERS,

WE ARE ROVERS,

WE ARE ROVERS,

TIL OUR DYING DAY.

Not being funny mate, but that's shyte. What about singing the old "your going home in a st johns ambulance" to away fans when their team scores.... :closedeyes:

Not being funny mate, but that's shyte. What about singing the old "your going home in a st johns ambulance" to away fans when their team scores.... :closedeyes:

I do actually think 10moorgates effort is very very good and I hope it catches on. However I must add that it doesn't come close to "You're going to get your f****** heads kicked in" does it?

I do actually think 10moorgates effort is very very good and I hope it catches on. However I must add that it doesn't come close to "You're going to get your f****** heads kicked in" does it?

Or even better; "We f*$£"ng hate the French"

(yes, I do realise Givet is French...)

Archived