BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Elrio Van Heerden

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The slightly worrying thing about Van Heerden is he's not a young lad in the same way Di Santo, Kalinic and Hoilett are... he's 26. At that age he should either be good enough or not, we shouldn't be sending him out on loan for experience. I can only assume he hasn't impressed and Sam is looking to get rid. A shame.

• 4 weeks later...

As long as his wages aren't big (and there's almost no way they are) there's really no way this signing can hurt. Nice job by Sam.

Think this summed it up - didn't help us, didn't kill us. Didn't pay off, but I'd still want us to make similar signings.

We never gave him the chance to impress. He is miles better than Andrews, and much better than Mgp and Diouf. He has the pace and skill we need, but its a shame Sam thinks he is too short and light weight. Im sure Moyes,must be thinking the same about Pienaar.

We never gave him the chance to impress. He is miles better than Andrews, and much better than Mgp and Diouf. He has the pace and skill we need, but its a shame Sam thinks he is too short and light weight. Im sure Moyes,must be thinking the same about Pienaar.

He was smaller than the smallest thing you can think of!He made Charlie Newhouse look like a giant

I think so - most articles when he left suggested it was a 6 month loan with them having an option to extend it for a further 12 months.........?

I'm not too sure, the official site said he had joined on a free transfer, didn't mention anything about a loan.

Midfielder Elrio van Heerden has today completed a move to Turkish side Sivasspor.

The South African joins the Super Lig side on a free transfer after a short spell at Ewood Park that saw him make just two substitute appearances in the Carling Cup after arriving on a free transfer from Club Brugge in the summer.

Archived