BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Links

Di Santo and Up coming signings

Not that I know of...you are in limbo a wee bit with the permit hearing not until Thursday...you could look at midfielders just now but probably not bid on them yet.

I would hope so. No reason why he should not arrive and get into the mix.

Chamakh potential destinations, and reasons why we are going for young strikers instead of BFS usual oldies

One-time Rovers 'target' Marouane Chamakh is on the move at Bordeaux...pulled out of their game tonight...shrewd money says Arsenal...but don't discount Sunderland.

Fair point. Sam usually likes them with miles on the clock.

But Kalinic came up at the right time and probably on the rebound from the rather strange Poggy affair.

Di Santo has always been a 'bonus ball' from the word go. A cheap deal for a player who could just hit the jackpot.

There is never any real planning in transfer windows...things just happen.

P.S I'm sorry that my way of posting is not the same as Wen Y Hu, but it's much less of a hassle doing things like this for me. I hope you guys understand. Some of Nicko's comment I did not include as they were repeating stuff already said before.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko's stuff since last night- this is very important for the future of Rovers:

The 11 o'clocker is a bit early...but got some things to do...

SALGADO...Sam very bullish on this one...including a funny reference to 'someone taking his picture in the Northcote Manor'...basically telling chairman to sign him and giving him a real build-up...quite brilliant management I thought...don't sulk, put the onus on the chairman...fair play to the gaffer on that one...no fool.

WARNOCK...no proper bid yet...no need to sell to buy in Sam's eyes...but that one isn't over yet.

ROTHEN...more off than on I think.

CAPOUE...a lot more off than on I think.

VAN DER MEYDE...at training...great spot from the eagle-eyed unleaded on that one.

The politics and the arguments over money are going on behind the scenes, but a victory for the manager's ability to handle a crisis today. Impressed with that display.

SALGAD0...is THE priority as far as Sam is concerned...he was actually drooling about him today...clever tactic to put the pressure on the chairman to get it done.

WARNOCK...Villa bid mile short...could happen if a lot more cash...but Sam basicallly saying he doesn't have to sacrfice him and won't so...obviously a big bid changes that...wonder what the player thinks?

Nothing else really 'live' but the Norhtcote Manor story was funny...think I was the only one who got the joke about 'wanting to ring the neck' of the guy who took the picture...which I should stress was said with a smile on his face.

Salgado is a Big Sam Deal if ever I saw one...he wants this one badly.

QUOTE (greggyk @ Aug 13 2009, 22:18 )

Sam told Talksport this morning that Kalinic wont be ready till about 6 or 7 games in btw.. you can listen to his interview on the website

I think what he means is 'completely ready' - but expect to see the kid before that...possibly even on Saturday on the bench.

Posted by rovertheworld:

nicko's mirror article

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Black...icle113931.html

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce has told chairman John Williams to sign Spanish legend Michel Salgado - as he wins a battle for more cash.

Allardyce is laying down the law over the capture of the former Real Madrid skipper who came for talks and went without agreeing a contract because of an internal squabble over finance at Ewood Park.

And Rovers chief Allardyce let his money men know his heart is set on Salgado as he said: "Michel can be a Fernando Hierro type of player for us and bring up the standards in the dressing room.

"I met him and it didn't take him long to say 'yes,' it was two hours into a three-hour meeting, it was music to my ears. I could see his enthusiasm.

"One of my strengths is my judgement of character and I know he is just what we need. I want Michel not just as a player but as a person.

"He has got the potential of playing in one or two positions. I took Hierro as a centre half but he was too slow, but what a midfield player he turned out to be.

"Michel has had 24 days of training at Real Madrid and played a game and a half for them. Now it's about getting him here. I don't care what position we are talking about - just sign him."

Allardyce has had to push his board to get this deal through and he hopes it is complete over the weekend. He is also adamant that Stephen Warnock will not be sold to Aston Villa to pay for it.

He said: "I don't know what their interest is all about - there is no bid that we would describe as acceptable. Sacrifice him? Not really."

Allardyce hopes that landing Salgado would be his last business of the summer. He has brought in a handful of younger and less experienced players and thinks he would make up for that all by himself.

Seems pretty clear to me JW

By the way, good work nicko

From the BBC:

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is lining up a move for Borussia Moenchengladbach's Ivory Coast centre-back Steve Gohouri, 28, as he fears losing Chris Samba to Tottenham or Everton. (Daily Mail)

Thankfully the Daily Mail have got everything wrong about Rovers so far this summer.

Archived