BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts Blog

Guest benmaxwell

Good news for all in my opinion.

Jason Roberts has been given his own blog section on Setanta Sports Website, where he will be talking about all things football including our beloved Blackburn Rovers.

Enjoy his 1st blog (and congratulations Jason): http://www.setanta.com/uk/Blogs/Jason-Robe...erpool-Legends/

Hear hear!

We're delighted to have Jason on board. I spoke to him yesterday. He's currently taking time out in Miami. Lucky so-and-so!

An interesting read, he talks about what he thinks will be quite a busy summer at Blackburn and how he would have liked Tugay to remain at Rovers.

Post any comments you wish to leave at the bottom of the page.

Hear hear!

We're delighted to have Jason on board. I spoke to him yesterday.

An interesting read, he talks about what he thinks will be quite a busy summer at Blackburn and how he would have liked Tugay to remain at Rovers.

He's a very good talker so it will be interesting to see what he has to say. My daughter interviewed him at the fans' 5 a side tournament the other week and he was very good then.

Guest benmaxwell

I was lucky enough to have a quick chat with him in a London hotel after a conference a (long) while back. The thing that struck me about him was his honesty.

His attitude was, well yes, i play for the money as well as the team, but it's what i put that money to use wise that makes the difference (something im sure Gareth Barry probably doesn't get).

I know for a fact that Roberts puts a quite astonishing amount of his wage toward his Foundation. Kids in Grenada (and England) are now reaping the rewards of Roberts kindness, and for that, he does not get enough praise.

I plan to eagerly read jason's blogs in future. When I've spoken to him, he's been very articulate and thoughtful in what he says, and he considers other opinions politely. Rather like an MP with a brain. I also plan to donate a small amount monthly to his charity when I get a wage, because I have seen his work while on holiday in Grenada and it is truely inspiring. Shame I can't be there for the 'legends' match he mentions!!

Briefly off topic - Gumboots - the teacher will be ignored and I shall continue eagerly reading, just not posting quite so often so as not to provoke the cockroach. (Makes me feel like a double agent saying that on here).

Jason is an absolute gentleman. I have spoke to him in several occasions and he has been the same everytime. He's never too busy to talk to you. I think the Jason Roberts Foundation Charity just sums up how thoughtful and generous he is. :D

I really like J-Ro, as a player and a man. I think he'll always be happy to stay while we're happy to have him, and as a 3rd choice striker we couldnt do much better.

I really like J-Ro, as a player and a man. I think he'll always be happy to stay while we're happy to have him, and as a 3rd choice striker we couldnt do much better.

I whole heartedly agree. He is committed to the cause. He puts 100% into things. Only downside is that he is guilty of missing good chances but all strikers go through that spell. If given time and a good strike partner, I reckon he could score quite a few goals next season.

You're moving into Eddie and 'my Italian girlfriend' territory with this repeated line gumboots! ;)

Ah but I'm not making it up! If you were at the Soccerdome you'd have seen her filming with camera and very large tripod. If you were at the Blackburn end on the last day of the season, she might have interviewed you about Tugay. You might have seen her talking about rovers on Football matters. You might have listened to her interview Graham poll a few weeks ago on Youtube. If you'd known where to look and who you were looking for you would have spotted her filming at the European white water championships at Holme Pierpoint at the weekend. You might even have spotted her on the pitch with Al Fayed if you watched Rovers v Fulham. It's a bit like Where's Wally trying to catch glimpses of her on tv. She's a sports broadcast journalist and I'm her very proud mum! Some day when she makes it onto Sky or the BBC you'll be able to say "Ah, look, that's Gumboots' daughter. I remember when she was just starting out."

Dont mind them Mrs Gumboots, they just looking to wind you up :-) JRo, cool guy and comes across as a very nice guy. Loved his 1st interview when he joined the club, knows what to say and when to say it. Top bloke!

Seems like a nice bloke, and the people who say stupid things like "I hope he never plays for us again" after every time he misses a gilt edged chance (he's missed a fair few) miss the point entirely. A lot of the chances he scores (and misses), other strikers wouldn't even get near those positions. If he could actually finish he'd be as good as Drogba.

As it is, 20 starts, 6 subs and 7 goals is a perfectly respectable return for someone who was never intended to be our first choice striker.

He talks well and intelligently. Anyone who watched and heard him recently on Sky Sports when he was a guest in the studio would agree.

Playing wise, I think he is a vital member of the squad. He can cause teams trouble with his power and can be unplayable sometimes. His finishing is poor but I can't see Sam letting him go, unless a silly offer came in which is unlikely.

To be fair, under Sam I rather got the impression JR had played his way into being our second choice striker before his own injury.

i.e. ahead of Benni.

Ah but I'm not making it up! If you were at the Soccerdome you'd have seen her filming with camera and very large tripod. If you were at the Blackburn end on the last day of the season, she might have interviewed you about Tugay. You might have seen her talking about rovers on Football matters. You might have listened to her interview Graham poll a few weeks ago on Youtube. If you'd known where to look and who you were looking for you would have spotted her filming at the European white water championships at Holme Pierpoint at the weekend. You might even have spotted her on the pitch with Al Fayed if you watched Rovers v Fulham. It's a bit like Where's Wally trying to catch glimpses of her on tv. She's a sports broadcast journalist and I'm her very proud mum! Some day when she makes it onto Sky or the BBC you'll be able to say "Ah, look, that's Gumboots' daughter. I remember when she was just starting out."

Blimey, it really is a small world!

Unless I'm very much mistaken, I met your daughter at Setanta HQ the day after the West Brom game.

I remember her telling me she met Tugay after the match and, under the circumstances, what with it being his last game and all, I was a little bit jealous.

Think she said as well that she got a signed shirt for her old man and, if I've got this right, which I don't doubt for a second, that would make him your hubby.

Am I right or am I right?

Blimey, it really is a small world!

Unless I'm very much mistaken, I met your daughter at Setanta HQ the day after the West Brom game.

I remember her telling me she met Tugay after the match and, under the circumstances, what with it being his last game and all, I was a little bit jealous.

Think she said as well that she got a signed shirt for her old man and, if I've got this right, which I don't doubt for a second, that would make him your hubby.

Am I right or am I right?

You are right. The family joke is that dad would quite happily have had Tugay playing with a Zimmer frame, and my son is now quite relieved that he won't have to keep hearing dad say " This is definitely a game for Tugay" every time he doesn't start.

You are right. The family joke is that dad would quite happily have had Tugay playing with a Zimmer frame, and my son is now quite relieved that he won't have to keep hearing dad say " This is definitely a game for Tugay" every time he doesn't start.

I kind of agree with Mr Gumboots but I can see why, for the sake of father-son relations, that it was best if Tugay called it a day!

I was at the final game of the season as well and it was great to give Tugay such a good send-off.

Whatever.....I've interviewed Nicko!! :D

I’m not even going to try and top that. A beaten man should simply walk away.

Gumboots – I wish your daughter every success and hopefully we’ll see her down our way again sometime soon.

I’m not even going to try and top that. A beaten man should simply walk away.

Gumboots – I wish your daughter every success and hopefully we’ll see her down our way again sometime soon.

Depends what happens at Setanta, doesn't it? If they survive, she'll be around although her big ambition is to be at the BBC when the olympics come around. She got interviews at the kayking at the weekend that the BBC couldn't get because she agreed to interview the French competitors in French and then translate herself and they were prepared to talk to her but not to the BBC!

I noticed a few people said that they want to help Jason out and / or donate money to him.

I set up this page which will donate 1p to his charity, each time it is opened. It doesn't sound like a lot but if we all set it as our homepage, imagine how quickly it would build up. Might be a good idea to advertise this elsewhere also?

Anyway:

Help Jason

I noticed a few people said that they want to help Jason out and / or donate money to him.

I set up this page which will donate 1p to his charity, each time it is opened. It doesn't sound like a lot but if we all set it as our homepage, imagine how quickly it would build up. Might be a good idea to advertise this elsewhere also?

Anyway:

Help Jason

Maybe you should set up a similar page to help Setanta :blink:

Archived