BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In Nyc And Usa

Up until about 30 mins ago, I was going to be working off site on Saturday. But now that job has been postponed a week! :)

I know a place fairly local to me in Wilmington (easy on-off 95) that starting this seas does a full breakfast for games, and has FSC and setanta. That's where I'll be if we don't do anything concrete. Stoneys on 202.

Oof, called Stoney, he's not open on Sunday mornings. Only place I know for sure advertising the Rovers-Dingles game in Philly at the moment is Fado's.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought of getting up at 6.30 at hitting the turnpike for Philly. I also checked local bars, but i think it will be a case of fall out of bed, brush my hair adorn my pristine new Rovers Umbro (Nike) top and pyjama bottoms and watch the game with a nice cup of tea with wegmans crumpets and crunchy peanut butter.

I thought of getting up at 6.30 at hitting the turnpike for Philly. I also checked local bars, but i think it will be a case of fall out of bed, brush my hair adorn my pristine new Rovers Umbro (Nike) top and pyjama bottoms and watch the game with a nice cup of tea with wegmans crumpets and crunchy peanut butter.

Same here John.

I watched it in the Red Lion. The early start was made a little worse by the chef not turning up for breakfasts, but apart from that a fantastic morning.

Black Horse in Brooklyn opens on Thursday at last! There was a little photo in the Telegraph on Friday and the club have sent this over;

10121_175545968707_598148707_3775060_3617223_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry there haven't been any e-mails in recent weeks, I've been working 6 days a week and I will continue to do so for the next two weeks, however after the international break I expect to be able to put more time into this and hopefully we can get everyone together at the Black Horse pub in BK.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone going to the Black Horse for the Bolton Match, I'm trying to figure out if i want to wake up early to go all the way down there or just go watch it at nevadas.

I'm planning on being at the Black Horse. I know what you mean with these early starts, plus the subway has been unreliable at weekends to get over to Brooklyn. If I over do it on Sat night and wake up too late to get there, it'll be the Red Lion on Bleaker St for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope everyone has a great holiday, I'll be in Pittsburgh rather than NYC over the next week or so... and I'm sure everyone will be going somewhere so i'm not going to schedule any get togethers for boxing day and the tuesday afterwards.

Cheers

Okay, have a nice holiday yourself. I'm now in NYC until 11th Jan. Will likely be going to the Red Lion for the Villa games.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Just wanted to remind you guys that tomorrows' Rovers match will be on live TV in the US. The match will air at 10am EST (9 central, 8 Pacific) on Fox football Channel.

For those of you in the New York Area, a few of us should be gathering at Nevada Smiths in manhattan (3rd ave between 11th and 12th streets)

Also with the Burnley Match coming up in March I'd love to get us all together again, so shoot me an e-mail if you ahve any ideas on that.

Up the Rovers,

Jay

Archived