BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Confederations Cup

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a tiny bit of doubt whether the WHOLE ball crossed the line. From that angle it appeared to do so but from that angle we still couldn't be 100% sure because a tiny part of the ball could technically have not crossed the line which meant it wouldn't have counted. I guess without hawk eye we'll never know!

The first Brazil goal came to quick for our liking. It gave Brazil some energy and put doubt in our minds. It was only a matter of time from then until the inevitable happened. One might think that if it came in the 60' or 65' minute things may have been different but, then again probably not. Brazil most likely should have had another goal. We put forth a gallant effort and ran out of gas. It would have helped if we had Michael Bradley though. Feilhaber started and probably would have come off the bench giving us a better pair of fresh legs.

These are the tests and learning experiences that will help the US grow. This was an invaluable experience for our program.

So, South Africa and the US can hold their heads high. We still have to qualify for the world cup but, here's to next year Iceman!!

To all the U.S. of A./Rover fans, we have to be happy about what happened in the Confed Cup. Cheers and Congrats!!!

Charlie Davies.... is he an American hybrid of Paul Dickov and Craig Bellamy or what? :)

I like what he showed in this tournament. Probably not a first choice striker, but I think if we look to bring him on around the 60-70th minute, he could be that change of pace get behind the defense player that Derbyshire was for Rovers.

Archived