BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Confederations Cup

What was the name of that Egyptian we are looking at? If it's the number 3, he looks really decent.

And I just saw LeChuck asking, too.

Yeah, number 3 is who we were linked with.

Just saved one on the line as well!

Edit:

He's a dirty cheat.

Just got sent off for handball on the line.

He was faking a head injury when it clearly hit him on the arm.

Well done ref (Howard Webb)

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was the name of that Egyptian we are looking at? If it's the number 3, he looks really decent.

And I just saw LeChuck asking, too.

According to Wikipedia he is number 3 for Egypt in this tournament so it should be him.

Edit: That'll teach me for writing something then clicking 'Post' 10 minutes later!

Before that he had a good few minute cameo.

I say sign him up. He seems committed, has pace, and his crossing seemed decent.

Versatile option down the right or in goal! :P

On a sidenote, Egypt can feel hard done cause that second half was a brilliant performance dominating the Brazilians.

Yeah, number 3 is who we were linked with.

Just saved one on the line as well!

Edit:

He's a dirty cheat.

Just got sent off for handball on the line.

He was faking a head injury when it clearly hit him on the arm.

Well done ref (Howard Webb)

Sounds just the sort of player to play for us Tim. Lol.

Interesting that Webb gave a corner before listening to his earpiece and changing his mind. Surely another indication of video evidence 'unofficially' being used.

What makes you think that, as opposed to him communicating with the linesman?

Deja vu, a couple of dodgy calls on red cards - one given that was iffy and the one on the penalty that wasn't given. Will admit a dodgy call on the offsides as well.

Donovan and Bradley have looked good, hopefully we can hold on.

Oh, and Rossi is as Italian as most of the guys I went to High School with (I grew up in Sopranos land to give you an indication).

Deja vu, a couple of dodgy calls on red cards - one given that was iffy and the one on the penalty that wasn't given. Will admit a dodgy call on the offsides as well.

Oh, and Rossi is as Italian as most of the guys I went to High School with (I grew up in Sopranos land to give you an indication).

Rossi is a mafia boss? Lol. Thought the red card shouldnt have been given to the USA, and the Italian i think it was Chiellini should have been sent off.

1-1. What a fantastic strike by Rossi. He has only been on for 2 mins.

American, the USA struggling a bit now. Looks like Italy are stepping up a gear now.

Well after a poor opening game, this tournament has now come to light. Im sure United must be thinking, why they ever let Forlan and Guiseppe Rossi leave.

Don't they have a option on Rossi still??? Great strike but not much else before, scores goals, little else its not enough for United. Forlan couldn't adapt to the league, he banged in goals before united as well and he got plenty of chances, good just not good enough.

Interesting that Webb gave a corner before listening to his earpiece and changing his mind. Surely another indication of video evidence 'unofficially' being used.

Like owenrilla, hes most likely communicating with his assistant referee, but what if he was consulting a video replay, if it was the right outcome would that be a problem .

Hi all,

managed to check out the game on the red button after coming back from getting the 2 ronnies series 5 dvd absolute classic has the fork handles & phantom raspberry blower classic comedy clips and series. Anyway back on topic watched the Egypt Brazil game and have to say Egypt were very unlucky as they tormented the Brazilians 2nd half there were 3 players that caught my eye and would be cheap enough and definitely an improvement on what we have. 1 Mohamed Abouterika excellent cross on him would certainly give MGP a run for his money he has had it all his own way for far too long and needs serious competition at least he can cross a ball unlike our hot and cold Norwegian would definitely worth a punt and would probably be cheap enough. 2 Mohamed Zidan great header is definitely better than what we have and would probably be a good replacement for Derbs and knows where the goal is and would be cheap enough. Would probably need a 2nd replacement according to what BFS said Di Santos could be that 2nd replacement. 3 Ahmed El Muhamadi before his sending off was excellent yeah he maybe tried to cheat by grabbing his head in pain at least he showed some inituitive but ran the Brazilians ragged definitely a decent cross and the fact we have sold Zurab and Oiijer recently would definitely be better than them 2 and before someone say we have Emo for the final time he is by no means a RB by trade just a fill-in & gets caught out at times and going forward this guy is decent and has a good cross on him.

Hi all,

managed to check out the game on the red button after coming back from getting the 2 ronnies series 5 dvd absolute classic has the fork handles & phantom raspberry blower classic comedy clips and series. Anyway back on topic watched the Egypt Brazil game and have to say Egypt were very unlucky as they tormented the Brazilians 2nd half there were 3 players that caught my eye and would be cheap enough and definitely an improvement on what we have. 1 Mohamed Abouterika excellent cross on him would certainly give MGP a run for his money he has had it all his own way for far too long and needs serious competition at least he can cross a ball unlike our hot and cold Norwegian would definitely worth a punt and would probably be cheap enough. 2 Mohamed Zidan great header is definitely better than what we have and would probably be a good replacement for Derbs and knows where the goal is and would be cheap enough. Would probably need a 2nd replacement according to what BFS said Di Santos could be that 2nd replacement. 3 Ahmed El Muhamadi before his sending off was excellent yeah he maybe tried to cheat by grabbing his head in pain at least he showed some inituitive but ran the Brazilians ragged definitely a decent cross and the fact we have sold Zurab and Oiijer recently would definitely be better than them 2 and before someone say we have Emo for the final time he is by no means a RB by trade just a fill-in & gets caught out at times and going forward this guy is decent and has a good cross on him.

Definitely

BBC also running my take on the sending off. The linesman didn't see it and the communication was with the 4th official.

It was the right decision, and I'm all for video evidence to be used but at the moment they are not officially allowed to use it. Webb changed his mind after taking advice from a 4th officvial who saw the incident on a screen.

Archived