BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Confederations Cup

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a side note, for Gods sake someone destroy those annoying trumpets or whatever people are blowing during games. I fear for the World Cup...

Agree, it is annoying but it makes SA stand out from other countries. Our fans are very colourful and are very vocal. In fact, whenever i watch England on tv, it just feels as if there are no people in the stadium. Good pass, clap, good touch, clap.

Watched the game with great interest to see some of the players like Elrio & Modise.

Benni without a doubt is a class above anyone in that team. Pienaar was the best on show by far. Modise hs a good touch, however he is too lightweight and cant shoot for toffee, one to stay clear of for me.

Looking forward to tonights game: Egypt vs Italy. Should be a cracker.

Same. Hopefully Egypt might score first, as we will see Italy play more of the good attacking football we saw against the USA. Egypt have to go for it anyway, a point may not be enough tonight (providing Brazil beat the USA) as they will be relying on Brazil beating Italy and will have to beat the USA.

On a side note, for Gods sake someone destroy those annoying trumpets or whatever people are blowing during games. I fear for the World Cup...

I stopped watching it because of those. It just sounds like a swarm of bees are flying around the microphones. Atmosphere is more than just noise. Very annoying indeed, I really hope they don't do it at the World Cup.

not that most in here care, but god this USA side is frustrating to watch. We keep playing beasley despite his pace and touch having been surgically removed during one of his knee operations. When the players are "on" they can play with anyone in the world (though we dont' attack well enough to really frighten any team), but they turn "off" way to easily, especially in our defensive midfield, and we're started to pick up red cards like they are pennies on a sidewalk.

They've already had a few complaints it would seem :lol:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=AvU7...s&type=lgns

It is perfectly easy from a technical point of view to shut the TV comentator in a soundproof box and then broadcast the overall sound as two separate modulation channels which can then be selected either separately or both together by viewers of digital TV. I don't know why they don't do it, it would not add anything significantly to the cost of the overall transmission.

Anyone got the line ups in Egypt vs Italy match.

What number is Shikbala, Zidan and Aboutrika?

On another note, who is number 8 on Egypt - he looks class !

1-Essam El Hadari (captain); 6-Hani Said; 7-Ahmed Fathi, 4-Ahmed Said, 20-Wael Gomaa, 14-Sayed Moawad; 22-Mohamed Aboutrika, 11-Mohamed Shawky, 8-Hosni Abd Rabou, 12-Mohamed Homos; 9-Mohamed Zidan

1-El Hadary; 7-Fathi, 4-Ahmed Said, 6-Hani Said, 20-Gomaa, 14-Moawad; 11-Shawky, 8-Abd Rabbou

(3-Al Muhamadi 76), 17-Hassan (10-Eid 52); 22-Aboutrika; 9-Zidan.

Last match lineups

Thank you.

I've heard we have been watching that Abd-Rabbou. He is a great passer, both long and short.

Decent header, headed it down though shocking defending by Italy.

Have to say Egypt play some very nice football. Zidan has been pretty quiet (looked like he did his hammy but recovered so it must have been cramp or something), Aboutrika has also been pretty quiet IMO, set up the goal with a decent corner though.

Egypt's best player for me has been that guy on the left wing, not sure what his name is but he's been a real thorn in Italy's right flank.

Egypt has always been strong, but dont think they will win the World Cup. Quarter finals would be great for them. Im glad we linked with Egyptian players, as there are some good players.

Egypt has always been strong, but dont think they will win the World Cup. Quarter finals would be great for them. Im glad we linked with Egyptian players, as there are some good players.

They are loads better than any team outside europe or south america I think I have seen. Might just be a couple of games but they look like a seriously good outfit. England can't knock the ball around like that.

Who was the Tugay-esque midfielder who was spraying cross-field passes - Hosny? He seemed a good player.

I think we missed out on a quality defender when Hughes decided not to sign Gomaa. He's old but he looks very effective.

The thing about Egytian players is that they're technically excellent but when on the biggest stages, most seem to flag. I hear that their World Cup record is poor and when players like Hossam Ghaly turn up in the premier league, to much fanfare, he doesn't exactly impress! (Although they are dominant in ACofN).

Can anyone think of an Egyptian player who has made it big in Europe? Just recalled Zaki and Mido....

The No 8 plays in Dubai, and an offer from a PL side will definiotely take him there.

Egypt are an enigma, they look like 1 of the top 10 sides when they are on song, this is the saem side that whooped Cameroon 4-2 and Ivory Coast 4-1 in recent African cup matches. Yet they always choke in qualifying for the world cup...

Archived