BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New - Iphone 3gs

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK! So I have failed on my first attempt but it's the laptop fault not mine!!! My old laptop which is mine and I have always used for Itunes won't let me upgrade - saying it's full so I am now installing Itunes on this laptop which is new and is not really mine although it is until I quit my job!

Anyway I have installed Itunes on the new laptop but how do I get all the music from that laptop to this laptop to then get it on the phone????

There isn't an O2 Wifi network. If you want wifi you need a wireless router and an internet connection (or a public hotspot e.g. Starbucks, McDonalds etc).

3G should be enabled automatically, which will allow you to browse the internet etc.

Transferring all your music from one laptop to another is going to be quite a task. If that has run out of memory, I suggest you delete some stuff. easier than transferring all your music across to your work laptop (which probably won't have loads of memory anyway)

Bearing in mind i have just drank ###### loads of wine and it's a school night!! What am i suppose to do. I click on applications and then it says selct a wifi network and then i can chose my sky one or an o2 one! Are u telling me I should select neither???? But then how do I down load my fish tank???

Some one told me this was easy!!

And Ive not posted on here this drunk since i was a student

Does anybody on here have a problem near or inside ewood park on match days using internet on their iphone. I am always trying to use football centre but it doesnt work, neither does the internet. I guess its because of the amount of people etc. but guys in front of me with different phones can get on their internet (not sure of their network)

Does anybody on here have a problem near or inside ewood park on match days using internet on their iphone. I am always trying to use football centre but it doesnt work, neither does the internet. I guess its because of the amount of people etc. but guys in front of me with different phones can get on their internet (not sure of their network)

Well that didnt answer my questions did it!!!

But I want to put my music on this laptop even just a but of it!! How do I do that????

If I was doing this I'd get hold of an external hard drive, borrow one or buy as they are cheap and very useful. Copy the music from your old laptop to the external hard drive, then copy the music from the external hard drive to the new laptop. This means you have a backup of all your music as well. Depends how much music you've got but it shouldn't take long.

The other alternative is to just copy all your music on to your external hard drive and then play your music direct from there. iTunes might not like this idea, I don't know 'cos I never tried it. You can pick up 250Gb hard drive for £60+ in PC World. I use Freecom and they work very well.

It may be possible to connect the old laptop to the new one and transfer directly but I've no idea about that.

Just remembered why I was reading this.

I've read / heard the iPhone can't multi-task, so it's clearly male! For example one can't listen to music and use the GPS at the same time. I'm wondering if this means it wouldn't be able to connect, via bluetooth, to my car handsfree, while also connected to my Tom Tom via Wi Fi?

Any thoughts?

If you've got a memory stick you can copy your music onto that and transfer it between the two laptops.

A lot of applications can be downloaded without being connected to wifi, it will just connect through the 3g. Now you've connected to your sky wifi once it should automatically connect to that network everytime you are in range.

It really is a nice phone to use once you get it all set up.

I'm on Orange and used two different (SE) phones during my times at Ewood and almost every time I have been unable to get online despite having a full signal. I can only guess it's down to the amount of people in such a small space at one time....however I have no problems using my Irish phone (roaming on Vodafone) to connect..... <_<

Just remembered why I was reading this.

I've read / heard the iPhone can't multi-task, so it's clearly male! For example one can't listen to music and use the GPS at the same time. I'm wondering if this means it wouldn't be able to connect, via bluetooth, to my car handsfree, while also connected to my Tom Tom via Wi Fi?

Any thoughts?

Can't answer you specifically on the iphone, but if it can't do music and satnav at the same time then it goes down in my estimation!

At the moment I have a "lowly" Nokia N82, which has built in satnav and also music player (and internet radio) - I simply plug this device in the N82 headphone socket kensington.jpg ... and that broadcasts the output of my N82 to my car stereo on the FM band.

The N82 has no problem running music player and satnav at the same time (the voice commands from satnav just play over the top of the music) - and an incoming call overrides both of them - so it makes the phone handsfree as well.

The spec for the soon to arrive Nokia N900 says it includes it's own internal FM transmitter, so that will remove the need to buy the external Kensington gadget (which was less than 20 quid anyway) - and it can cetrainly multitask, check these videos N900.

You've also got the new Google Android phones launching in the UK in the next couple of weeks.

Guardian Media (sit through the magners advert)

Best to carefully read the spec for each one, and maybe even wait for some owner reviews, before deciding what's best. It may well not be the iphone, which appears to me to be quite restrictive when interfacing with other devices and systems.

I'm on Orange with a 6500 Slide - very basic stuff - but can always get web, e-mail and phone at Ewood.

Tris, I knwo you're a nokia fan, you've made it quite clear lol.

The new Nokia you keep linking to as the next big thing, it has the same RAM and processor speed as the 3GS, so nothing really revolutionary and new there.

The screen also appears to be the same resolution as well.

So in my opinion they will probably be very similar phones with peoples preferences just being down to what they prefer.

Tris, I knwo you're a nokia fan, you've made it quite clear lol.

The new Nokia you keep linking to as the next big thing, it has the same RAM and processor speed as the 3GS, so nothing really revolutionary and new there.

The screen also appears to be the same resolution as well.

So in my opinion they will probably be very similar phones with peoples preferences just being down to what they prefer.

:o This N82 is the first Nokia I've had for 6+ years - I had three different htc smartphones (Windows os) before this!!

Neither am I saying the N900 is going to be the next big thing - just it's an alternative to consider. Being Linux based it'll be a hell of a lot more flexible than the iphone I should think ... as will the Android.

I have an HTC Touch and an N95

Both of which I love, however after playing with a mates iPhone, I want one so bad it hurts my little heart. Although after just coughing up £400 for a camera for the Mrs, I'm having to wait till my Birthday/Christmas before I can get one.

:Wail:

Guest Kamy100

I Jailbroke my Iphone, basically "jailbreaking" allows you to install custom themes and applications, have to say that this is totally brilliant, the amount of themes and independent apps out there are out of this world.

Archived