BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New - Iphone 3gs

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wont break our own rules about linking to questionable content, but a quick google for redsn0w (and then ultrasn0w) should give you the info you need. No special hardware or cables etc needed, just a PC, an iphone and your normal apple pc connection cable.

The question is, WHY does it need unlocking ? If it's just to run none apple approved apps, then all is peachy (thats why I unlock mine), but it should still "work" after an upgrade (you just lose the ability to run none apple approved apps). If it's to use a third party sim, then consider why ? The only phones I've come across needing baseband unlock to work, are ones where they were purchased on contract, but the contract isn't being paid (or in my case, when one was fraudulently purchased using my credit card details).

Glenn did you jailbreak your own?

When they run the updates for Apple, how does that affect jailbroken phones?

Can you still use itunes too?!

I have an English Iphone but would like to be able to use my french sim card in it whenever I am in France, would I need to jailbreak it to do this?

I think you would need to jailbreak it. When you jailbreak your phone it usually gives you 2 options.

1. Jailbreak

2. Jailbreak and Unlock

Choose number 2. Then hopefully that should unlock your phone and enable you to use any Sim care you wish to.

Has anyone jailbroke their iPhone as of yet and have Cydia on it?

If u hav the latest firmwire upsate which you will have with the 3gs you wont be able to jailbreak it yet

i tryed teh same way you planning and it carshed my iphone and i had to wipe everything off it through itunes and restore evrything with the backup

so i wouldnt recommend trying it unless u hav teh time to restore everything back onto the phone.

blue n white - was it you that gets free apps? What was it called?

Im going to jailbreak my 3GS tonight - tips welcome.

Is it as simple as Download blackra1n, plug phone in with cable and then 'make it rain'?

Once you've jailbroken your iPhone. You should automatically have Cydia on it.

follow the following steps:

Open cydia

Click Manage

Click Sources

Then Edit

Click Add

Then put the following URL in. Http.//cydia.hackulo.us

Done

Click Hackulo.us

Then Install Installous

Installous will then come up as an application on your screen.

Click on installous, once it uploads then search for any application you wish.

Then click on the App you wish to download and it will bring you on to the details of the application. It will say you can buy it for e.g. $9.99 but it won't charge.

Then go down to the bottom of the screen and click on the latest update version.

Then it will give you an option to click on some links, best one to choose is AppScene.

Click Appscene for example, enter the code it tells you to, then click Download NOT install.

Once it has downloaded, there will be a "downloads" option on the bottom of the screen. Click on that! Then your downloaded App will be there, click it and then click on Install. This will then Install your App.

Come out of Installous and you will be ready to use your App.

Seems a long process but takes minutes really. You'll know what I'm on about once you've tried it. Let me know if you have any problems!

Please don't give these moochers who make cash off the back of others hard work, 10 minutes on google and you can do it yourself.

I wont break our own rules about linking to questionable content, but a quick google for redsn0w (and then ultrasn0w) should give you the info you need. No special hardware or cables etc needed, just a PC, an iphone and your normal apple pc connection cable.

The question is, WHY does it need unlocking ? If it's just to run none apple approved apps, then all is peachy (thats why I unlock mine), but it should still "work" after an upgrade (you just lose the ability to run none apple approved apps). If it's to use a third party sim, then consider why ? The only phones I've come across needing baseband unlock to work, are ones where they were purchased on contract, but the contract isn't being paid (or in my case, when one was fraudulently purchased using my credit card details).

You sir are a star and you've saved me some money!!

A1.

Was it specific to the West Ham game as O2 has come out and admitted their network was dead during the match last weekend.

I live at Ewood Park, and have no problem using my iPhone.

Incidentally I find the Sky Sports Centre app to be pretty poor. As pretty as it is, it always complains about a lack of network when its clear for all to see that there is one, the mobile masts are on the roof of the stands!

The O2 cell on the roof of Ewood has been upgraded to 3.5g HSDPA, and should work fine.

Not yet.

MXTube is decent because you watch youtube vids through and then download onto your phone if you wish

RedLaser - iv downloaded but not tested. Basically you scan the barcode and it searches the web for the best prices so you can quickly compare a deal in a shop.

Il add more as I find them! Anyone else?!

Not yet.

MXTube is decent because you watch youtube vids through and then download onto your phone if you wish

RedLaser - iv downloaded but not tested. Basically you scan the barcode and it searches the web for the best prices so you can quickly compare a deal in a shop.

Il add more as I find them! Anyone else?!

Try downloading the Natwest app, let's you check your bank balance anywhere you are and your last 6 transactions.

TVUPlayer, has a bunch sites were you can watch live sport.

Whats app or Ping, free texting with whoever has an iPhone.

I use Ping. It's pretty good.

The only reason I'm thinking I've jailbraking my iphone is for skysports over 3g. I'm happy to pay for the apps I need, I wouldnt walk into a shop and steal something off the shelf so why should I do it with software?

I'm on the latest version of the iphone software though so I know its a bit tricky to jailbreak.

I use Ping. It's pretty good.

The only reason I'm thinking I've jailbraking my iphone is for skysports over 3g. I'm happy to pay for the apps I need, I wouldnt walk into a shop and steal something off the shelf so why should I do it with software?

I'm on the latest version of the iphone software though so I know its a bit tricky to jailbreak.

Why pay £80 for a Tomtom when you can get it free?

What is Ping?!

Application that allows you to text other people with an iPhone for free. You'll be asked to make a Ping ID, then add your mates who also have a ping ID. A bit like MSN Messenger but on the iPhone. I prefer WhatsApp, no need to make an ID, and all your contacts with an iPhone are found straight away.

I jailbroke my IPhone but then decided I liked it better before so I rolled it back.

I found the new menu systems ugly and clunky. I realised that Apple are better at designing GUI's than random blokes off the street. Also there also appears to be a string of worm attacks on jailbroken phones (I didnt know this when I reverted back).

Archived