BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Amen to that, I've quite a bit of time for Andrews after his efforts last season, he showed a hell of a lot of bottle.

Going back to the three mentioned - they are probably better than Grella too....not that I'm advocating us signing them mind you.

If they are better than Andrews then they are definitely better than Grella (although apparently Grella "needs time" - not sure why he does but Andrews doesn't though).

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's another good point, Andrews will give 100% no matter what. You can not fault his effort and if he keeps improving like he did the back end of the season he'll be a good one for us.

He unfortunately has no pace at all, yes he works hard but with so little ability and no pace he cant be a regular starter at Rovers!!

Going back to the three mentioned - they are probably better than Grella too....not that I'm advocating us signing them mind you.

Please tell me you are smoking the funny stuff? With Tugay gone he is the best passer of the ball we have. In fact, he's the best midfielder we have. You can't possibly suggest Butt and Smith are better than Grella....? Nolan, on his day is a good player, but judging by the last season or two his best days are behind him.

I'd stay well clear of all of them. Not just because they are not good enough, but the more mire Newcastle get in, the happy I feel.

Please tell me you are smoking the funny stuff? With Tugay gone he is the best passer of the ball we have. In fact, he's the best midfielder we have. You can't possibly suggest Butt and Smith are better than Grella....? Nolan, on his day is a good player, but judging by the last season or two his best days are behind him.

Grella had one, maybe two good games for us last season. Even in those games though, his defensive ability was poor at times. In other games it was shambolic - remember his his idea of last man defending in the Man City game? It consisted of moving out of the way and then waving his arms in the air!

As far his passing; there were some games where he literally couldn't pass to a Rovers player at all, not one pass - the Everton home game I seem to recall was one of them.

I'd stay well clear of all of them. Not just because they are not good enough, but the more mire Newcastle get in, the happy I feel.

It'll be a long old season if he's our best midfielder this term believe me. I'm wondering what you've seen in him at Rovers to give you this opinion? I also did say I wouldn't want the three Newcastle players either because they're not that good either.

Anyway, I've took it off topic - sorry.

Roque is NOT Man City's top target for the central striker's role...

So that one has a long way to run yet.

Any truth in Trezeguet to Man City? Seems like exactly the sort of striker they'd go for in terms of his style of player and being a 'big name'.

I'm hoping not, a bidding war between City and Villa could be our main hope this summer. Villa will be bitter over the Barry affair so might want to nick RSC from them.

Guest benmaxwell
His agent has denied it in the LET. Saying that Duff is a "Rovers Fella" so presumes it's a wind-up.

Either that, or it's a half hearted come and get me plea to us? :rock:

Wouldn't have Butt (rubbish), wouldn't have Smith (rubbish) and wouldn't want Nolan. If i had to have one of the three, it would be Nolan, but that's only if i had a gun held to my head.

I would have Duff back though, but it would be conditional on it being a free transfer, and him being on a reasonable wage which depended on his fitness.

It is very quiet on the Rovers front though at the moment. Like i said last week, Sam is blatently waiting on Roque Santa Cruz and a few other players going out before deciding to put offers in for some transfer targets.

Taken off Setanta's live transfer blog today:

Energie Cottbus keeper Gerhard Tremmel - great name - is being linked with a move to Blackburn amid reports Spurs could be looking at taking back Paul Robinson.

I'd have Duff back in a shot...would be a great addition to the team...left sided, goes past people....fantastic....c'mon big sam....!!

We need players who play, not Duffs/Dunns/Reids/Santas/Bartons/Owens.

These types rarely change their spots.

We will have a small squad and can't afford to carry people who spend the game in a suit in the Jack Walker stand.

I'd have Duff back in a shot...would be a great addition to the team...left sided, goes past people....fantastic....c'mon big sam....!!

Nowhere near the same price either. I'd have him back for £1 million. He's better than MGP and turned 30 in March while MGP turns 28 in September :)

Sell Morten for £3.5 million and bring Duffer back!

Guest benmaxwell
Taken off Setanta's live transfer blog today:

Energie Cottbus keeper Gerhard Tremmel - great name - is being linked with a move to Blackburn amid reports Spurs could be looking at taking back Paul Robinson.

So replacing Englands Former Number 1 International and class goalkeeper with a 30 year old goalkeeper who has never played International football, and got relegated into Germany's second tier with his team.

That sounds likely!

Sell Morten for £3.5 million and bring Duffer back!

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't mind having Duff back on a decent wage, but if you are suggesting having him back at the expense of Gamst who is barely ever injured, you are crazy.

Damien Duff = NO THANKS!!

Nowhere near the same talent as when we sold him.

You are right, and therefore we shouldn't pay £17m for him. :P Just because he isn't as good as he was doesn't mean he can't improve us. He's lost a bit of pace but he's still got good control and can create. On a low fee and low wages, he'd be a decent enough signing for us. But he seems keen to stay with the barcodes on his massive contract... and who can blame him? :P

So replacing Englands Former Number 1 International and class goalkeeper with a 30 year old goalkeeper who has never played International football, and got relegated into Germany's second tier with his team.

That sounds likely!

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't mind having Duff back on a decent wage, but if you are suggesting having him back at the expense of Gamst who is barely ever injured, you are crazy.

Duff's washed up. Another player past his sell by date too early, like Owen and Fowler (and even our Dunny)!

Archived