BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr X - Guess Away

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benmaxwell
Not at all. Chelsea see him as their number 9 in the future.

IF we sell Roque, can you see a player of equal recognition coming in... Or is Di Santo our big name striker for the summer.

Sorry have to ask...

Also, do you see Rovers spending any Roque/Derbs money on upfront or midfield?

IF we sell Roque, can you see a player of equal recognition coming in... Or is Di Santo our big name striker for the summer.

Sorry have to ask...

Also, do you see Rovers spending any Roque/Derbs money on upfront or midfield?

I sometimes wonder with people on this board, we have the opportunity of taking a top player on a seasons loan and probably Chelsea are paying a good portion of his wages, so Sam has done two things here, got a potentially good striker for a season, free and at wages we can afford!!

If he does well and we go a few places up the league, at £750k per place thet would be a great shout!!

We then have money from the Derbs, Santa, Zurab and Gallagher deals, if not all but a fair portion to strengthen midfield, striker and Right back!

Thats clever management.

I sometimes wonder with people on this board, we have the opportunity of taking a top player on a seasons loan and probably Chelsea are paying a good portion of his wages, so Sam has done two things here, got a potentially good striker for a season, free and at wages we can afford!!

If he does well and we go a few places up the league, at £750k per place thet would be a great shout!!

We then have money from the Derbs, Santa, Zurab and Gallagher deals, if not all but a fair portion to strengthen midfield, striker and Right back!

Thats clever management.

Ditto

Fascinated by the opinions on di Santo...

Can we have a hand count?

How many have actually seen him play?

The kid is a far better idea that the problem that is Zaki and the yesterday's man that is Kuranyi...

Half of the Premier League would take this guy and have asked. You have the deal in place. It is a pretty smart piece of business by your club.

Totally agree with you - sad it is not a view to buy, but I suppose in a long season and with a club that can go out and buy good players - chelsea could change their minds and sell him to Rovers.

A tad disappointed that the player wasn't coming permanently, but it sounds like really good business- short term.

Th good thing about a loan, is if he is no good he can be sent packing. It is more like a trial before you buy thing. Rovers can only gain by this, they lose nothing. If he is good, scores goals and Rovers climb the table, the club recieves a decent placement payoff at then end of the season - costing them nothing.

If he is no good, remember Nick has already said, he is not a RSC replacement - that player has yet to be found. All the same by christmas we will all know if he is good enough or not. Will Rovers be battling against relegation next season, I for one do not believe so.

Who do you have in mind?

Didn't really have anyone in mind off the top of my head but thought our scouts may be able to come up with something as it is their job. As our club have done in the past, they should be able to find players from all over that we have not heard of but who are good players and available on cheap, permanent deals. As it is we will have to settle for Di Santo on loan for a year but I am sure I can live with having a player of his calibre!

Archived