BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr X - Guess Away

BTW shevchenko is my mr y ...not mr x ...do we need a new topic for mr y guesses?

There is no Mr. Y.

Mr. X. is a specific player we're after-there's also some talk that we'd like another striker, but I don't think we have a specific someone in mind.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick reminder of the clues for the people making stupid guesses (not mentioning any names :D )

- Keeping it quiet because if it leaks that he's available, someone bigger will come in for him

- Owen Coyle has looked at him in the past - doesn't mean that the papers have linked him, just that he's mentioned his name to nicko before

- No Prem experience, so he's either Championship level or more likely foreign

- nicko rates him as a better buy than Kuranyi. KEEP IN MIND, Kuranyi is 27 and likely to be at his peak right now, as well as attract a high fee. Mr X could well be someone the man on the street hasn't heard of but who is extremely highly rated by those in the know. Mr X is therefore likely to be quite cheap.

Think Roque (when his name first came up), not Aguero :)

I would love for it to be someone like Nihat or either one of the Suazos but it could be anyone so this guessing game could go on for weeks!

We do have a few clues to narrow it down but there are probably still quite a lot of strikers it could be and some people are not even taking into account the clues that we do have, just seemingly sticking down any random name.

Nicko is probably loving this, laughing at everyone's guesses! I am bored of the guessing, just want to know now, although then again I don't want the deal to be compromised so hurry up Rovers and tie it up!

Quick reminder of the clues for the people making stupid guesses (not mentioning any names :D )

- Keeping it quiet because if it leaks that he's available, someone bigger will come in for him

- Owen Coyle has looked at him in the past - doesn't mean that the papers have linked him, just that he's mentioned his name to nicko before

- No Prem experience, so he's either Championship level or more likely foreign

- nicko rates him as a better buy than Kuranyi. KEEP IN MIND, Kuranyi is 27 and likely to be at his peak right now, as well as attract a high fee. Mr X could well be someone the man on the street hasn't heard of but who is extremely highly rated by those in the know. Mr X is therefore likely to be quite cheap.

Think Roque (when his name first came up), not Aguero :)

Were we not linked with Roque's Paraguayan strike partner a year or so ago, Salvador Cabañas, don't know if Coyle has looked at him but he meets the other criteria.

Guest benmaxwell
Were we not linked with Roque's Paraguayan strike partner a year or so ago, Salvador Cabañas, don't know if Coyle has looked at him but he meets the other criteria.

Nope. It was Nelson Cuevas...

Bojan was linked with a loan to many premier league clubs the other week, including us, to gain experience?? Unlikely though. However, wouldn't get cup tied in Europe with us!

Giovani Dos Santos?

If we're keeping it quiet to keep bigger clubs off the scent, then why would it be someone who has already been linked with us in the press?

And no one wants Dos Santos.

We are linked to Isgak Abrahams, plays for Iraq and is a striker of real quality.could be the mystery striker.

My guess is either Nihat or Klose. Any of those 2 would be terrific imo.

Fernando Cavenaghi is my go... I like him, seems to drift in & out of games, but scores goals, decent in the air, good on the deck, natural finisher & has a wicked long shot, with either foot... When he was at River Plate, they were looking at him as the next big striker in Argentina, but has since made some poor transfer descisions, Dinamo Moscow (why would you do that???), and he is now at Bordeux.

Dunno how much he would cost, but IMO this guy is top quality, he's my guess anyway!!!

Archived