BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr X - Guess Away

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fernando Cavenaghi is my go... I like him, seems to drift in & out of games, but scores goals, decent in the air, good on the deck, natural finisher & has a wicked long shot, with either foot... When he was at River Plate, they were looking at him as the next big striker in Argentina, but has since made some poor transfer descisions, Dinamo Moscow (why would you do that???), and he is now at Bordeux.

Dunno how much he would cost, but IMO this guy is top quality, he's my guess anyway!!!

I thought about him earlier but looked him up and it was Spartak Moscow he joined for £6.5million according to good old wikipedia and seeing as he has improved since then he would probably be out of our price range, unless his contract is expiring or we can get him on the cheap for some reason.

I am thinking if we don't need to sell Roque to get this guy then the maximum we are going to pay is about £4million.

Honest guess Frosty. didnt know he was 38,wow time goes by so quickly hey.

Err...you did know because you suggested him about a week ago and I told you then he was 38 and in the Italian version of our non leagues. You even replied to the post! What is it they say? Never trust a person who puts 'honestly' in their sentence...

Might be best for my sanity if I just stay out of this thread.

Edit: For what it's worth, I really don't think it's a 'target man' type player, it will be someone who could play in the same team as Roque. If/When he goes then we'll sign a target man. A winger/second striker type is what I'm expecting.

I thought about him earlier but looked him up and it was Spartak Moscow he joined for £6.5million according to good old wikipedia and seeing as he has improved since then he would probably be out of our price range, unless his contract is expiring or we can get him on the cheap for some reason.

I am thinking if we don't need to sell Roque to get this guy then the maximum we are going to pay is about £4million.

I knew it was one of them Moscow teams... but cant think of anyone else, I'd hate to be the person who randomly guessed it & then it went on to knacker the job up for the Rovers like... Just imagine that... I wouldnt be goin on Ewood for a bit if that happened.

Anyway I have had one more thought, and the more I think about it, the more I think it could be right, may sit on it for a while & see if anything comes out!!!

I knew it was one of them Moscow teams... but cant think of anyone else, I'd hate to be the person who randomly guessed it & then it went on to knacker the job up for the Rovers like... Just imagine that... I wouldnt be goin on Ewood for a bit if that happened.

Anyway I have had one more thought, and the more I think about it, the more I think it could be right, may sit on it for a while & see if anything comes out!!!

Fancy letting me know so I can back you up if you are right?? ;)

Dani Güiza (Fenerbahçe & Spain)

Quality player, 150 goals in 368 club appearances, top scorer at Real Mallorca prior to the European Championships last year and linked with Arsenal and Barcelona before moving to Fenerbache; rumour has it he wants to leave and has been linked with us in the foreign press... Luis Aragones (who joined Fenerbache after the Euros and went on to sign Güiza) has just been sacked. Coyle would have watched him at Euro 2008.

It fits...

[He cost Fenerbache around £11m though :blink:]

Dani Güiza (Fenerbahçe & Spain)

Quality player, 150 goals in 368 club appearances, top scorer at Real Mallorca prior to the European Championships last year and linked with Arsenal and Barcelona before moving to Fenerbache; rumour has it he wants to leave and has been linked with us in the foreign press... Luis Aragones (who joined Fenerbache after the Euros and went on to sign Güiza) has just been sacked. Coyle would have watched him at Euro 2008.

It fits...

[He cost Fenerbache around £11m though :blink:]

Thats the stuff of dreams... but isn't he more of a target man???

I think sadly he will be out of our price range.

There is no Mr. Y.

Mr. X. is a specific player we're after-there's also some talk that we'd like another striker, but I don't think we have a specific someone in mind.

but i already know the identity of mr x :closedeyes:

and nicko has told us that sam has told derbyshires people he can leave because he's found a replacement (mr y)

If only just to see whis goal celebration again, it's probably more likely than most suggestions on here!

A week wouldn't go by when I was a kid that my friends and I wouldn't all wheel away in the Fjortoft celebration! He was one of my favourite players growing up. Celebrations are all so generic these days. Who cares about how many flips these guys can do, I want to see Fjortoft's plane celebration, Shearer's hand in the air and the Klinsmann dive!

Archived