BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Franco Di Santo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brief interview with him on Rovers World.

Asked to describe what type of striker he is, says he is fast, likes the ball in the air, and needs crosses coming in from the wings.

He's the white Ronaldinho - in appearance. Look at that mouth. Smaller teeth but still!

Brief interview with him on Rovers World.

Asked to describe what type of striker he is, says he is fast, likes the ball in the air, and needs crosses coming in from the wings.

All the more reason to sign Becks :rolleyes:

He's the white Ronaldinho - in appearance. Look at that mouth. Smaller teeth but still!

Can we call him Gordon??? he does look like him a bit, lets hope he plays like him too.

I dont know if its been mentioned here, or on any other thread, but his t-shirt in the picture special says ''TITOLARE SICURO''

Titolare = Starter (as in 1st eleven)

Sicuro = Certain (sure)

Cant for the life of me think who would start before him, wouldnt be a surprise to me to hear he has been guaranteed 1st team football, jase cant score, benni wont run and gally is gally 5 in one game then no more all season. Di Santo starter for me.

Looking forward to seeing this lad play but not in favour of a half season loan, it will be tremendously disappointing if he does well for us then leaves in January.

Might also leave us in a bit of a mess if one or two of the other strikers pick up an injury.

"I am very happy to be here because I think Blackburn is a big team for me and I want to improve," Di Santo told Rovers Player.

"I want to do my best for Blackburn. For me it is important because I need to improve, score and be happy.

"I spoke with the manager (Sam Allardyce) and he convinced me to come here.

"I am very fast, I like to play with height and I will try to score every game if my friends cross to me."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...237&cc=5739

I do wonder if there is a gentleman's agreement for Rovers to guarantee, say, 75% of first team starts (injury providing).

The conversation was more likely to be a case of Rovers promising him first team football, within reason - if he's useless or Sam feels he isn't suited to certain games he won't play. Chelsea are likely to have agreed to these reasonable terms with the catch being that if they don't feel the move is working to his/their advantage they can recall him.

It's a case of common sense guiding both parties, rather than relying on a hard and fast percentage rule.

Archived