BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Under 21 Euros

Why wasn't Derbyshire part of the squad? I thought he had a decent record for the U-21 team and surely his Olympiakos form should've counted for something.

After watching the game I would say sign either Ozil, Boateng or Hummels. I thought Hummels would be perfect for Rovers, even though we don't really need another central defender...

Ozil's damn classy though.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pearce is dismally poor.

Dismally poor for getting the team to the final. Aren't you the guy who defends Sven!?

Pearce might not be a great manager but he has done very well with this bunch of players. What is dismally poor is the depth of English talent - everyone is so blinded by the hype and senior talent that they don't realise this.

No offence to Frankie Fielding - but he got into the U21 squad a while back, whilst playing in League 2. That was unheard of a few years back.

As long as Premier League clubs and Champ keep signing dismal foreigners (mokoena, traore and so on) and so long as our football culture does not place emphasis on technical ability, England will be on a slide only interrupted by the odd "golden generation."

We won't be winning much.

Archived