BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derbyshire Leaves Rovers

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a legally binding contract I think we would find it hard not to. Nice little win fall for them.

How can you make a payment to a club which doesnt exist???

When a club or business folds, the debts etc fold with it and even if Rovers pid the cash,it would be eatenup by the administrators!!

How can you make a payment to a club which doesnt exist???

When a club or business folds, the debts etc fold with it and even if Rovers pid the cash,it would be eatenup by the administrators!!

Eaten up being the operative word. Administrators' costs are huge. We got the details of a firm that had gone into admin owing my daughter some wages. If the administrators hadn't taken what they did then the window cleaner milkmen and all the little people who were owed money might have got theirs. Know it doesn't work like that but the amount they took would have sacred you.

Well I'm probably in the minority here but I just don't get this. we get c£3million for a 23 year old who whatever his limitations is still developing a as player (acknowledged by the sell on clause). He may have wanted more first team football but certainly didn't throw his toys out of the pram in terms of his demands for it and clearly being a local lad holds the club dear, far more than some mercenary looking for a pay day. Every club unless rich and running rotation systems, needs a back up striker (or two) and impact players. Derbs has demonstrated that he can score in the premiership but last season he was rarely in his preferred position and played in a struggling team. He was a relatively late developer and it would have been worth seeing if his Greek experience had brought him on.

Instead we have to find a replacement for similar money and/ or wages which won't be easy. Recent experience has demonstrated that its easy to be duped by fancy you tube videos (Villanuava), players flattering to deceive in minor championships (Rigters), those with big reputations but bad injury histories (Nonda) or those with fancy names (Ciccio Grabbi).Sometimes its better to develop what you've got as often what you bring in is no better. The same argument could be applied to Khizanishvili who in my opinion has done little wrong at centre back and uses the ball better than Nelsen or Samba.

Matt Derbyshire is a striker, who cant hold the ball up, has some pace (but not that much) and is not really a target man and his record?

10 goals in 63 apps, says it all really.

WE get £3 million but to cover ourselves we put in a 30% clause that virtually guarantees another million if Matty progresses, this is great business.

• Backroom

Great deal for us in theory for a player who at present isn't up to Prem standard, in practive however signings need to be made and this money utilised

Great deal for us in theory for a player who at present isn't up to Prem standard, in practive however signings need to be made and this money utilised

In all this debate has nobody susssed that if Derbs was all that good and SA totally wrong then some Prem team would surely have come in for him.

Move on.

Matt Derbyshire is a striker, who cant hold the ball up, has some pace (but not that much) and is not really a target man and his record?

10 goals in 63 apps, says it all really.

WE get £3 million but to cover ourselves we put in a 30% clause that virtually guarantees another million if Matty progresses, this is great business.

i stand corrected once again fan of the year we salute you

Agreed theno, as I mentioned previously there wouldn't be half of this fuss if he wasn't local

do you not want local lads to come thru or is it the harwood v rishton thingymagiggy?

i stand corrected once again fan of the year we salute you

HUH? IS THAT DIRECTED AT ME OR POOR LITTLE EX ROVER MATT DERBYSHIRE?

do you not want local lads to come thru or is it the harwood v rishton thingymagiggy?

LOCAL LADS WHO ARE PREMIER LEAGUE STANDARD WOULD BE NICE LIKE DUFF AND DUNN.

imy if your going to quote me have the decency to quote me correctly.theres a good boy.

nice edit

If you are going for the humour route maybe an eye test at specsavers is required as I quoted you word for word, my comment on your quotes is in bold dear- apology accepted pet. :rover:

• Backroom

Ha ha, I've supported Derbs but the fact is he just isn't up to standard in my opinion.

Plus he's from great harwood :P

er no you didnt do it word for word you added ...."IF YOUR ANY GOOD " or something like that and then editted it,so dont tell lies its not big and its not clever.

I dont tell lies, your words were never edited, I used cap locks on my comments, maybe if you concentrated more on responding to comments rather than making personal digs at posters you wouldnt get those knickers in a twist all the time.

Also still waiting to hear what great contribution Derbyshire made on the pitch that meant that 3 Rovers managers, an entire premier league and championship ignored him for the Greek league!

Matty all the best!!!

I wish you'd made it at Rovers but hey if you don't get run as a striker, this is what happens!!

I hope you don't come back and bite us in the ass, but I have feeling it won't be long till your back gracing our shores and doing exactly that.

Just don't fall for the malakia means thank you trick!!!! As I did!!!!!!

Absolute tragedy that this has happened. Goalscorers need to be played as front men. Matty is now ready for a consistent run in the first XI and we sell him for less than any unknown replacement.

Best of luck in Greece,Matty!

I dont tell lies, your words were never edited, I used cap locks on my comments, maybe if you concentrated more on responding to comments rather than making personal digs at posters you wouldnt get those knickers in a twist all the time.

Also still waiting to hear what great contribution Derbyshire made on the pitch that meant that 3 Rovers managers, an entire premier league and championship ignored him for the Greek league!

are you totally daft or do you try at it? still waiting oh lets see i said i was going to bed ,which i did ,i woke and went to work and just got online for 5 mins is that ok ?

to answer your question he can finish well and as an eye for goal and it looks like the greeks think so too ,otherwise they wouldnt splash the cash would they?

YOU EDITTED MY WORDS ..END OF .NO I DIDNT SAVE THEM BUT YOU DID AND YOU KNOW YOU DID.!!!

are you totally daft or do you try at it? still waiting oh lets see i said i was going to bed ,which i did ,i woke and went to work and just got online for 5 mins is that ok ?

to answer your question he can finish well and as an eye for goal and it looks like the greeks think so too ,otherwise they wouldnt splash the cash would they?

YOU EDITTED MY WORDS ..END OF .NO I DIDNT SAVE THEM BUT YOU DID AND YOU KNOW YOU DID.!!!

I posted at 22.22 on the Kevin Davies thread last night, you responded to my post 5 minutes later but did not answer the question about Derbyshire, I am confused at what you are talking about above?

Paranoia Abbey, paranoia, for the last time I did not edit your words, possible you made a mistake?

Duly noted that you turned this into a personal tirade not me, but then I suppose you wont accept that either.

I merely asked a question, why are you so aggressive? Simple thing you can do, press "ignore" if I am causing you so much distress!

You are right he has an eye for a goal and the Greeks thought so to... oh wait how many games did he actually start? Out of interest how strong do you think the Greek league is? English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Dutch, Portugeuse.. where do the Greeks feature?

We have just taken nearly £3 million pounds for an average striker who did not start many games in the premier league, that should be rejoiced by Rovers fans.

We have just taken nearly £3 million pounds for an average striker who did not start many games in the premier league, that should be rejoiced by Rovers fans.

Likewise the £18m or so for a decent striker that didn't play much either last season.

• Backroom

Rovers fans do tend to romanticise things in the past. We apparently played beautiful stuff under Souness and Hughes (and Woy!!), and we've just sold a potential world-beater in Matty Derbyshire.

In reality, we got a good sum for an average striker and have done a good bit of business. All the best to Mr Derbyshire, I'm sure he'll go on to more successful things in Greece. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him turn up at Ewood again some day (hopefully not for an opposing team, mind).

Archived