BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derbyshire Leaves Rovers

imy....ABBEY is right. I saw the post before you edited and u had changed his words just slightly. ABBEY....imy changed your words slightly, but not to an extent that changed their meaning.

Now both of you kiss and make up.

One question. If Matty became a huge success and we bought him back, what of the 30% sell-on? would that equate to a 30% (or whatever) discount?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The simple point despite all of the above is are we going to get a better back up for £3million and similar wages? I think it will be very difficult given the bonkers prices being quoted currently. Much is being made of Hoilet on another thread but nobody knows really if he's any good or premiership standard. The grass seems particularly green on the other side at the moment but sometimes its better the less glamarous devil you know.............

imy....ABBEY is right. I saw the post before you edited and u had changed his words just slightly. ABBEY....imy changed your words slightly, but not to an extent that changed their meaning.

Now both of you kiss and make up.

One question. If Matty became a huge success and we bought him back, what of the 30% sell-on? would that equate to a 30% (or whatever) discount?

i know he changed them :blink:

Stop feeling sorry for Matty, four years ago he was playing for Great Harwood in the North West Counties second division, now, after three seasons at Rovers, he has a four year contract in Greece, doing something he loves doing, he's a great lad and I was desperate for him to really push on at Rovers but if the manager doesnt fancy you, you have to move on and he will have a comfortable life whatever happens and still be a Rovers fan.

Good luck Matty, think of us when we are in the cold and its 80 degrees over there and thanks for the £3,000,000 I hope Sam spends it wisely!!

:rover: sorry to see matt leave,i personally rate him higher than roberts.when he is the top scorer in greece,in the england squad we will all wonder why lardarse let him go :unsure::brfcsmilie:

it is sad Matt has left, but i think it was a right move for him and the club. He was never going to be able to hold down a starting place at Rovers, just coz he's not quite good enough. No other premership teams came in for him as well did they?

Theres a slight difference between a first team regular wanting to leave ie Roque, and someone who wants to leave for first team football like Derbyshire

Yep exactly right, it appears to me that Sam is justifying the move to our fans. Trying to claim that he was acting the same way as Cruz isn't right though in my opinion. If he was getting regular 1st team games here he wouldn't have been wanting away.

However we all know he wasn't quite good enough to be a regular 1st team starter so you can't blame him really for wanting a move, just feel that this isn't something that Sam needed to comment about as it's as though he's trying to give a bad impression of Derbyshire, although you can never tell with these articles as they can be twisted in so many ways.

Archived