BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derbyshire Leaves Rovers

:rover: and his 6 million pound replacement is :brfcsmilie:

He hasnt played 63 games over a 5 year period so its too early to judge him. Come back to me in 18 months with that remark....

Matty left because he had the opportunity to play in the Champions League. Strange how is good enough for the top club competition but not us.

Matty left because he wanted 1st team football as a striker - something which Sam wasnt prepared to gaurantee him, and I totally agree with. He also left to allow us room to bring Givet in on loan - it worked for us!

He has gone to a league, probably weaker than the Scottish one. They are in the Champs league because the standard of their national league is awful.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but think if Derbs was still around he would just be holding Hoilett back, so it's perhaps for the best that he moved on. It will be interesting to see if he plays against Arsenal though, I'd love him to bag a goal.

Derbs is injured for tonight's game according to Sky Sports. He seems to have had this injury for ages.

I can't help but think if Derbs was still around he would just be holding Hoilett back, so it's perhaps for the best that he moved on. It will be interesting to see if he plays against Arsenal though, I'd love him to bag a goal.

I hope that Derbyshire gets his goal. I also hope that Arsenal wins, after a long and bruising battle. I want all the top clubs to stay in Europe as long as possible, but in a fiercely competetive environment. Keep them run down, so we can grab some points from the "big" teams.

He also says that he left due to a personality clash with Big Sam. Said he was treated like a kid and felt he deserved more after scoring goals in the Prem over a few seasons.

Link isn't on the website but I'm sure something will emerge at some point today.

A link to an interview with Derbyshire in The Guardian is below. Matt says: "Under Sam Allardyce I got no respect at all. I know I was a young player but he treated me like someone who had never given anything to the club."

Matt Derbyshire interview

Could Sam's man-management skills have been a bit better?

Could Sam's man-management skills have been a bit better?

Could it be that his man management skills were fine - but just that he wanted rid ? If Sam had wanted to keep Derbs I would have been worried by this remark - but it seems obvious that Sam wanted to cash in on Derbs (be that right or wrong).

Could it be that his man management skills were fine - but just that he wanted rid ? If Sam had wanted to keep Derbs I would have been worried by this remark - but it seems obvious that Sam wanted to cash in on Derbs (be that right or wrong).

1 out 1 in is the Rovers way of doing things. To bring in better players Derbyshire had to be sold. For what it matters I think his performance at Blyth was the final straw for SA. It certainly was for me.

No matter how badly Sam wants Derbyshire to leave, he should not have ignored the fact on how Derbyshire have contributed for the past few seasons. Hence should have handled the situation abit more tactfully not just as a Manager, but a Manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Pardon me, but i do have a soft spot for players like John Stead, Derbyshire, Warnock. People who had gave their all when rovers were in trouble.

1 out 1 in is the Rovers way of doing things. To bring in better players Derbyshire had to be sold. For what it matters I think his performance at Blyth was the final straw for SA. It certainly was for me.

Ditto.

Derbsyhire out - Givet & Diouf came in....Now which would you rather choose? Givet is arguably one of our best players already....yet he cost what we sold Derbs for.

No contest!

No matter how badly Sam wants Derbyshire to leave, he should not have ignored the fact on how Derbyshire have contributed for the past few seasons. Hence should have handled the situation abit more tactfully not just as a Manager, but a Manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Pardon me, but i do have a soft spot for players like John Stead, Derbyshire, Warnock. People who had gave their all when rovers were in trouble.

I bet you don't have a soft spot for Diouf do you? He gave his all but you probably think he is probably not as good as the likes of Derbs.

If Derbs was going to make it he would have by now, we are stronger for Derbs leaving.

I bet you don't have a soft spot for Diouf do you? He gave his all but you probably think he is probably not as good as the likes of Derbs.

If Derbs was going to make it he would have by now, we are stronger for Derbs leaving.

Its exactly the same with Gallagher - what has he done so far since leaving?!

Gallagher and jon stead were there to kick us out of the relegation mix. Derbyshire had work slowly up the ranks and always done his best for the club. Lets not start with Warnock, even when he is gone, he had shown respect to our beloved club.

I would never know about how things are going to turn out in regards to Diouf, caused he is still currently with us. But guess the football industry, to many people is a ruthless place which do not allow any room for emotions , no matter how much one did in the past, once he underperform or leaves the club, things he had did for the club would be undone and forgotten.

PS: should pederson leave, i would also show as much appreciation for his commitment and work for the club.

my 2 cents worth..........

I'd personally sell MGP for whatever I could get seen as his contract is up in the summer. A replacement would be Diouf on the left and someone like Emerton/Hoillet on the right and then look to find a left winger that can actually do a decent job apart from throw a ball and track back. Thats what I would do anyway :)

What a ridiculous statement. How much would you like to sell him for? Then who would you replace him with?

Well I am not sure we actually have much choice. Pedersen is running his contract down and he just isn't offering us enough to justify pushing the boat out to keep him. He obviously wants a pay rise, we have a wage squeeze on, and he just looks extremely expendable at the moment.

Diouf is an upgrade and can play on the left. Hoilett is coming through, plus Van Heerden is working on his fitness, and there is Doran also. A couple of them may be able to fill the role.

It is true that it would be better to have someone with a left foot there, but I am not sure any of these right footers would actually perform worse than Pedersen has recently (not that he has been terrible, just very very average).

If someone offers 2m in Jan I think he will go. Otherwise he will leave for free in the summer. The only thing that will change that is if he has a run of at least four or five very good games.

I'd personally sell MGP for whatever I could get seen as his contract is up in the summer. A replacement would be Diouf on the left and someone like Emerton/Hoillet on the right and then look to find a left winger that can actually do a decent job apart from throw a ball and track back. Thats what I would do anyway :)

We have no money to spend, therefore it would be impossible to sign a left winger.

£1.5m maybe £2m for Pedersen who has been loyal throughout his time at Blackburn and a player I would rather have on our side than against us. He's improved this season so I'd negotiate his contract as a performance related pay deal, just like we should with Reid and Dunny.

Unfortunately I just don't rate Pedersen at all over the past 2 years(including this season) and therefore by getting his fairly high wages off the budget it should free some room for a new player? Big Sam knows how to find good free signings and cheap buys such as Lars and N'zonzi so I have full faith in him to find somebody who is better than Pedersen.

My 2 cents.

A Club needs stability and some players who have been with you for a sizeable time (compared with Portsmouth)

In all my years of supporting the Rovers we have always had a strong link with our history and background.

We have few heroes in the team ( our Colin looks like a colossos now cf Nelson or Emo)

Only Dunny(also a member of the 3 Jewels) is left of the locals and he is derided from time to time.

The posts of some on here usually correlate with how far away from Lancs they(now) live.

The comments about Derbs and Gally are just so biaised against the local (tell me again how many goals he scored

from such limited appearances)When Hoilet has scored as many we might discuss.

In conclusion a team is helped by continuity,passion and a sense of purpose and history. This applies to sport as much as business.

We have no money to spend, therefore it would be impossible to sign a left winger.

£1.5m maybe £2m for Pedersen who has been loyal throughout his time at Blackburn and a player I would rather have on our side than against us. He's improved this season so I'd negotiate his contract as a performance related pay deal, just like we should with Reid and Dunny.

He is not going to go for performance related pay, he is not mental. He knows that if we won't give him decent terms someone else will. Hull or Stoke or Bolton or whoever. He also knows that a move could rejuvinate his career.

The only way he stays is if we give him a pay rise which we are not going to do unless he winds back the years in a convincing fashion.

Dunn will get increased terms (no way in hell we can put him on 'performance related pay' when he has been our best player for five games running! He would just go to another club if we messed him around).

Reid seems to like it here and may stuggle to find another Prem club so maybe we would have a chance of him taking performance pay. Depends how he performs over the season.

My 2 cents.

A Club needs stability and some players who have been with you for a sizeable time (compared with Portsmouth)

In all my years of supporting the Rovers we have always had a strong link with our history and background.

We have few heroes in the team ( our Colin looks like a colossos now cf Nelson or Emo)

Only Dunny(also a member of the 3 Jewels) is left of the locals and he is derided from time to time.

The posts of some on here usually correlate with how far away from Lancs they(now) live.

The comments about Derbs and Gally are just so biaised against the local (tell me again how many goals he scored

from such limited appearances)When Hoilet has scored as many we might discuss.

In conclusion a team is helped by continuity,passion and a sense of purpose and history. This applies to sport as much as business.

Absolutely agree with all of that. However you do as a baseline have to be good enough to perform in the Premiership. Much as they are local and we want them to do well the fact of the matter is Derbs and Gally were not offering the team enough. Neither made it as a regular under Souness, Hughes or Allardyce, neither provoked any Premiership interest when they were put up for sale. THere is a reason for that.

I'm sounding like the 'drog but sentiment doesn't win you points. XI relatively local lads play at Stanley every week, but it doesn't really bring the punters in. People broadly want to see a) a bit of quality and B) a winning team c) passion and a will to win. Being local or even British is a bonus, but broadly an irrelevent one. Di Santo showed a lot of passion and commitment on Saturday. He is not even our bloody player and probably never even heard of Blackburn till last year! The supporters loved him.

And crucially he had far more ability to cause defences problems than either Derbs or Gally.

You would have to be crazy to take an inferior player just because of his nationality.

Agreed - but he can only be sold for scrap. His head-gasket went about 3 years ago.

If you cut him open his insides are a milky brown colour.

Is there emulsion under his oil filler cap too? I thought his head looked a little warped, it'll need skimming... :D

Archived