BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

But I understand Hoilet played with the academy prior to going on loan, to loan a player out, he must have had a contract with the club?

As for the 75% rule about Internationals, would be unlikely a lad of that age would ever achieve that!

I believe he has played for us, although not sure which match(es), as I have seen a picture of him playing in a Rovers kit.

He doesn't need a visa to be paid by the club, but he may well have played whilst 'on holiday here' or something similar.

It is unlikely he would even be capped as his age, which is a good arguement for Rovers. I think the main question relates to his abilities and whether or not Rovers see him as making first team appearances this season. Which if we are after a visa then you would assume we do want him to play.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My question got overlooked in another thread. But did Julio Cruz get a work permit?

I can only assume he did somehow get one otherwise surely we would have loaned him out by now in order to have a better chance of applying for one in the future.

Julio had a squad number for us this year as well, without a work permit surely there would have been no point in giving him one.

Obviously brings up the question, how in the blue hell did he get a work permit for a random paraguayan 17 year old?

Julio has a European passport.

Any idea Lee if JW will push harder to get the lad a work permit, if Sam fancies him to play a part this season? Sam must have seen something to convince JW to apply for a permit.

jiminez has been given a work permit for west ham today, despite not playing 75% of chile's games, and he hasnt played for them since 2008.

more amunition to use in the appeal

Isn't that because he has an italian passport? He has been there for like 7 years

Regardless, it would be a hell of a lot easier to argue someone like Jimenez will play than Hoilett. Same goes for Anderson and other players that don't really compare.

I don't have much hope for us holding on to him, I can't see how we can put together a convincing enough argument. I still can't see why we didn't send him to Cercle Brugge in Belgium for the last two years instead of Germany - he'd only have to go there next season to have an EU passport.

OK, ive heard all the stories & the talk but is this kid actually THAT good????

anyone seen him play?

Not personally but I know a couple of people who watch St Pauli regularly and say he is excellent. Doesn't mean he will cut the mustard at Rovers of course but maybe worth a try if we have him on t'books already. Bundesliga 2 must be similar to the Championship (or whatever they are calling it now) after all.

Regardless, it would be a hell of a lot easier to argue someone like Jimenez will play than Hoilett. Same goes for Anderson and other players that don't really compare.

I don't have much hope for us holding on to him, I can't see how we can put together a convincing enough argument. I still can't see why we didn't send him to Cercle Brugge in Belgium for the last two years instead of Germany - he'd only have to go there next season to have an EU passport.

I don't know, it probably wouldn't be that difficult to argue that he will win a large amount of caps in the future for Canada. He must be one of their best prospects?

hi all,

just to keep everyone in the picture I wrote an email to our very own MP Jack Strawand asked him if he could maybe look in on the case and see if he could help and I received this reply from him:

THE RIGHT HON JACK STRAW MP

Constituency Office, Richmond Chambers

Richmond Terrace, Blackburn BB1 7AS

Tel: 01254 52317 Fax: 01254 682213

E-mail: blackburnlabour@hotmail.com

Dear Savio

Many thanks for your email and it is very good to hear from you.

On work permits, I have given the club a great deal of assistance over the years to navigate their way through the very complicated rules. I will ask them if they need any assistance from me.

Best wishes

Jack Straw

so hopefully with a bit of luck and fingers and toes crossed they will grant the lad a permit hopefully as he has helped he might be able to swing something

I've seen him play a number of times for St Pauli and on his day he can be outstanding. Click this link to see him scoring 2 and setting up the other away at Aachen.

Aachen

Two deflections, but more importantly he does seem to have that extra yard of pace that defenders hate.

I do hope we can get him over hear, coming off the bench late on he could be very dangerous.

Would he fit in to the right side of a three up front.

I don't know, it probably wouldn't be that difficult to argue that he will win a large amount of caps in the future for Canada. He must be one of their best prospects?

He is a definate prospect but the problem is he hasn't committed to play for Canada. He hasn't played because he is keeping his options open as I believe he also qualifies to play for Jamaica. This is nothing new for Canada internationally...both Owen Hargreaves and Jonathan De Guzman have declined invites to play for Canada and chosen to play internationally for other teams. Hopefully Hoillet can be convinced. Anyway, I would still love to see a Canadian in Rovers colours...would make it easy picking out a name for my shirt!

Archived