BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Backroom

Hoillet not in the squad for the Austria trip which seems odd, maybe he has been given some time to sort his personal affairs out and such.

I hope we get a glimpse in pre season

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least he won't be whingeing about the insalubrious surroundings of Blackburn. Sankt Pauli is the red light district of Hamburg, not far from the Reeperbahn.

As well as hosting the red light district, St Pauli is Hamburg's main entertainment area. You'll find some of the world's best nightlife, bars, restaurants and cafes here. To quote John Lennon, who stayed in the "Kiez" a while, " I was born in Liverpool but I grew up in Hamburg". Anyone who has a chance to take in a game at St Pauli should try and do so, the atmosphere is something else. This link will take you to a short documentary on the club and the area.

St Pauli

As well as hosting the red light district, St Pauli is Hamburg's main entertainment area. You'll find some of the world's best nightlife, bars, restaurants and cafes here. To quote John Lennon, who stayed in the "Kiez" a while, " I was born in Liverpool but I grew up in Hamburg". Anyone who has a chance to take in a game at St Pauli should try and do so, the atmosphere is something else. This link will take you to a short documentary on the club and the area.

St Pauli

But he also said 'I am the Walrus', so I don't know what to believe....

St Pauli

does the Dom still take place there at Easter? used to love taking the schoolkids there when on the exchange trip we ran every year from Somerset.

OOOh AAArrrghh

Strange thing is, they actually talked like that. Before we went to live there I thought it would be a handful of kids but it was all of them. Ooooh arrrr,Miss was their response to anything you told them!

• 2 weeks later...
I hope he's actually any good, and not another Baker or De Vita type who doesn't make the grade. It's about time we had some decent youth players emerge.

He does seem to have stepped up a level last year and has pace as well as skill, hopefully, if used correctly he will have a chance.

Short term, I can see him being a bit of a supersub like Derbyshire. I'd like to see him in action, as I do with any youth player. For example, that Doran looked small but quite good against Liverpool last season.

Makes me think of when I saw Duff make his debut...............

• Backroom

I expect Hoilett to be this seasons Carlos to be honest, we wont see him too often just yet and he'll show signs of brilliance but overall isn't strong enough just yet.

The key difference hopefully is pace.

ANYTHING good from Holiette this season is a bonus.

Pretty much same with Doran & Judge too.

IM looking forward to seeing more of Doran this season. Nice to see a tricky winger who isnt afraid to take a man on, coming through the ranks.

Hoilett played for the reserves at Southport this afternoon but limped off injured after about 17 minutes - replaced by Maceo Rigters. Hopefully it won't prove a serious injury. He started up front with Nick Blackman. Previously when I have seen him for the Academy in pre-season games he has played more of a wide midfield role. He picked up a knock fairly early today and so wasn't able to make any impression on the game.

He basically said that he had been waiting a long time to get here and is glad to be here.

Said it had been frustrating to do really well in training but then not being able to play because of his work visa.

Aims for the season are to make an impact in the PL, feels he has come from a good league (championship equivalent in Germany) and scored 6 goals in 26 apps (I think) and hopes to do well.

Did not mention anything about his strengths or weaknesses.

Junior Hoilett`s "Advisor" is still pushing him to Join German Club FC MAINZ 05........Mr Williams can put a stop to this by giving him a new long term contract.........We stand to lose out on this Hot talent if Rovers arent careful........Hoilett`s contarct runs out this time next year and he can start talking with other clubs in Jan..........Very Strange man his Advisor...........Come on Mr williams sign him up before he slips out of our hands..............

German news paper article:

MAINZ 05 professional climbers continued to be interested

(rh). Still, the chance is not missed that football Bundesliga FSV Mainz 05 until the expiration of the exchange period at 31 August midfield for growth are given. But the "case of David Hoilett developed more and more a lot hanging. It would be the Jamaican Canadian passport happy with in the coming season on the Mainz jersey stripes - even if it is the English Premier League club Blackburn Rovers under contract. "We have once again made clear that David wants necessarily to Mainz", underlined his advisor Andreas Kirsch.

The 19-year-old, the last of the FC St. Pauli borrowed was surprisingly has a residence permit in England and was taken by his employer promptly requested. If such approval has not been issued, he would have been a 05er. Blackburn wanted to procure technically beaten Midfielder now only tested once. To head coach Sam Allardyce may make a decision. After Hoilett was actually the first time on Saturday foreplay. When testing against Leeds United (1:1) was the 72nd in Hoilett Minutes on the pitch. "And he has in the few minutes an excellent impression," said Kirsch.

But ultimately, all must wait and see. "Blackburn nunmal sitting longer on levers and the decision is in the hands of others," says Kirsch. If it does not work until 31 August, would possibly change the second term in January is still in question. "The 05er have so far behaved very professionally. Even pushes David into the arms of Mainz," Kirsch hopes that the issue at the end of August and then on the table, if the lending is not consummated

Junior Hoilett`s "Advisor" is still pushing him to Join German Club FC MAINZ 05........Mr Williams can put a stop to this by giving him a new long term contract.........We stand to lose out on this Hot talent if Rovers arent careful........Hoilett`s contarct runs out this time next year and he can start talking with other clubs in Jan..........Very Strange man his Advisor...........Come on Mr williams sign him up before he slips out of our hands..............

German news paper article:

MAINZ 05 professional climbers continued to be interested

(rh). Still, the chance is not missed that football Bundesliga FSV Mainz 05 until the expiration of the exchange period at 31 August midfield for growth are given. But the "case of David Hoilett developed more and more a lot hanging. It would be the Jamaican Canadian passport happy with in the coming season on the Mainz jersey stripes - even if it is the English Premier League club Blackburn Rovers under contract. "We have once again made clear that David wants necessarily to Mainz", underlined his advisor Andreas Kirsch.

The 19-year-old, the last of the FC St. Pauli borrowed was surprisingly has a residence permit in England and was taken by his employer promptly requested. If such approval has not been issued, he would have been a 05er. Blackburn wanted to procure technically beaten Midfielder now only tested once. To head coach Sam Allardyce may make a decision. After Hoilett was actually the first time on Saturday foreplay. When testing against Leeds United (1:1) was the 72nd in Hoilett Minutes on the pitch. "And he has in the few minutes an excellent impression," said Kirsch.

But ultimately, all must wait and see. "Blackburn nunmal sitting longer on levers and the decision is in the hands of others," says Kirsch. If it does not work until 31 August, would possibly change the second term in January is still in question. "The 05er have so far behaved very professionally. Even pushes David into the arms of Mainz," Kirsch hopes that the issue at the end of August and then on the table, if the lending is not consummated

You're my favourite poster.

Where do you get this stuff from?

Archived