Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoilett in waiting-position

28.07.2009 - MAINZ

There is still a chance, that there will be additions to the Mainz midfield before the end of the transfer-period on the 31th of August. But the 'Case of David Hoilett' is more and more developing into a state of suspension (hängepartie). The Jamaican with the canadian passport would like to slip into the Mainz-shirt for the coming season - also in a case that where he is under contract with the english premier league club Blackburn. "We have once again made clear, that David is anxious (unbedingt - unconditionally) to go to Mainz." underlines his advisor, Andreas Kirsch.

The 19 year old, who was last loaned out to FC St. Pauli, has surprisingly attained a working-permit in England and was promptly called in by his employer. Had this permit not been given, he would already be a 05er. Now Blackburn first wanted to test the technically gifted midfielder. So that Leadcoach Sam Allardyce can make a decision. Finally, last saturday, Hoilett was able to play for the first time (audition - vorspielen). In a test versus Leeds United (1:1), Hoilett was brought onto the field in the 72th minute. "And in the few minutes on the field, he made an excellent impression." said Kirsch

Ultimately, everyone will have to wait. "Blackburn has the upper hand and the decision is theirs." said Kirsch. If it doesn't work out before the 31th of August, then there might be a possibility in the second transfer period in January. "The 05s have behaved very professionaly. That too propels (treibt) David into the arms of the Mainzers", hopes Kirsch, that the subject is irrellevant at the end of August, if the loan deal isn't implemented. (Really muddled, I take it to mean that Kirsch is hoping, that if there is no loan deal, then the whole subject of Blackburn, Sams decision and Mainz waiting is over = hoilett is a Mainz player)

Really dodgy, the german is weird, which I think is apparent in the english text also. Some kind of advisor: "yeah, you should definately go to this random german club". Really, I dont think much stock should be put in this - the german is awkward and the 'advisor' Kirsch is basically doing his best to make good with the 'Mainzers' (sigh..). Didn't Hoilett state, that he was happy to be back in England and that he wanted to stay? Take Hoiletts words over this piece of **** article.

German advisor. Is that an agent or simply some German hoping for a pay day from Hoilett having found any old German club willing to make the noises he wants them to?

Rovers will undoubtedly sort Hoilett's contractual position out but I'd say this about 10th on the club's priority list at present and it will be done in the club's and Hoilett's best interests and timing.

Hoilett would be stark staring bonkers to slip off to Germany now having just been granted a UK work permit with Rovers. Everybody at Ewood including Hoilett must surely know that.

German advisor. Is that an agent or simply some German hoping for a pay day from Hoilett having found any old German club willing to make the noises he wants them to?

Rovers will undoubtedly sort Hoilett's contractual position out but I'd say this about 10th on the club's priority list at present and it will be done in the club's and Hoilett's best interests and timing.

Hoilett would be stark staring bonkers to slip off to Germany now having just been granted a UK work permit with Rovers. Everybody at Ewood including Hoilett must surely know that.

Agreed, BS and our clubs advisors will have this wrapped up, he sounds a good un though. I think he's staying.

Guest Wen Y Hu
Hoilett in waiting-position

[...]

"The 05s have behaved very professionaly. That too propels (treibt) David into the arms of the Mainzers", hopes Kirsch, that the subject is irrellevant at the end of August, if the loan deal isn't implemented. (Really muddled, I take it to mean that Kirsch is hoping, that if there is no loan deal, then the whole subject of Blackburn, Sams decision and Mainz waiting is over = hoilett is a Mainz player)

Nice one, artemorethanlabore - thanks for that. The article is not well written, as you point out. The last sentence is particularly poorly constructed, but I think it means something along these lines:

"The 05ers have behaved in the most professional manner so far. That, too, is driving David to come to Mainz," says Kirsch, hoping that it will not be the end of the matter should the loan not have been completed [by the end of August].

Sounds to me like this advisor, Kirsch, had lined up a loan move to Mainz 05 after the end of the St Pauli loan, on the assumption that Junior would not get his work permit approved. The approval of his work permit has presumably taken him by surprise and one would guess from his manoeuvring that he stands to lose out financially from the loan deal not going through.

Pure unadulterated speculation on my part, but that's my take on it. JW will sort it out, no doubt.

Nice one, artemorethanlabore - thanks for that. The article is not well written, as you point out. The last sentence is particularly poorly constructed, but I think it means something along these lines:

Sounds to me like this advisor, Kirsch, had lined up a loan move to Mainz 05 after the end of the St Pauli loan, on the assumption that Junior would not get his work permit approved. The approval of his work permit has presumably taken him by surprise and one would guess from his manoeuvring that he stands to lose out financially from the loan deal not going through.

Pure unadulterated speculation on my part, but that's my take on it. JW will sort it out, no doubt.

This must be a non-issue; it hasn't even made a ripple beyond this obscure article. (no offense unleaded, thanks for posting it). I'm really hoping that Hoilett is a player who we will watching in the blue n' white for at least a few seasons to come.

• Backroom

Interesting to note Hoilett played a full 90 tonight so likely wont feature tomorrow.

Does this mean Sam see's him more as a reserve team player this season?

Interesting to note Hoilett played a full 90 tonight so likely wont feature tomorrow.

Does this mean Sam see's him more as a reserve team player this season?

I doubt we convinced a work permit appeal panel to allow him to play for us to then stick him in the reserves!

At this stage, I would read relatively little into pre-season selections beyond Sam thinking NZonzi might be a serious option as defensive midfield ahead of Andrews, Reid and Grella.

I think you and I are more serious options than Reid at this point in time philip.

You'd have to think that he's the number one candidate to be rid of if we're serious about bringing in a new midfielder. Andrews probably second and Dunn third.

I think you and I are more serious options than Reid at this point in time philip.

You'd have to think that he's the number one candidate to be rid of if we're serious about bringing in a new midfielder. Andrews probably second and Dunn third.

Who is going to take on a midfielder who has hardly played for two years and a strong possibility of his career being finished??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Big article on Junior in the LT today - its basically Sam, saying he was fully aware of Junior last season and that the boy has an obvious talent. He says he plans to involve him more and more over the season (mainly as sub), however he see's a big future for him.

Also very good to see him bag his first goal the other night.

10 minutes here and there to start with and build it up as he gets success, his pace should increase his chances of doing well in the last 10.

Teams are still building up match fitness as well. I'd like to see him get on the pitch at some stage on saturday, since he's just scored his first goal, so confidence should be high.

But I agree he does look like our best youngster, praise be to St pauli they do deserve a lot of credit. Perhaps a few more should be sent there?

10 minutes here and there to start with and build it up as he gets success, his pace should increase his chances of doing well in the last 10.

Teams are still building up match fitness as well.

But I agree he does look like our best youngster, praise be to St pauli they do deserve a lot of credit. Perhaps a few more should be sent there?

Yes we tend to forget they developed the lad, also Nzonzis former club need praise too, I looked on their website before we got him, they eased him in ever so gently, thats the correct way and the way Sam wanted to introduce Kalinic too!!

Archived