BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Hoilett

Guest benmaxwell

Yes, because players always heed the old 'bench' warning. He'd probably take a spot on the bench at a bigger club just so he didn't have to take directions from the chump we have in the dugout and the Indian idiots in charge of the fiasco that is our club.

Oh come on - Kean has only said what every Rovers fan is thinking.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

That'd be a first!

For what it's worth I don't agree with his comments, I think Hoilett would start numerous games if he joined Spurs, Newcastle, Arsenal or even Chelsea. He'd also develop faster as a player because he'd have a real manager to learn from.

Even if I did agree with his comments, though, my previous statement is still perfectly valid. No player worth his salt would want to be at this club right now under this management.

Because Kean (or his puppet master) is running the show. A John Williams would have sorted contracts out.

Always amuses me when he says 'we', 'we need to sit down with him' etc, is it the royal 'we' as he seems to be running the club single handed.

What strikes me as being particularly odd is it has taken this long for Kean to decide to bring the matter up with Hoilett. I know its common practice for contracts to be taken care of by chairmen etc.. But to never have even spoken to him about it? Really?

Now that it seems to be going t1ts-up, it's called arse covering and pinning the blame on to someone else.

Decency and integrity are not, IMO, words that our clown of a manager understands.

Steve Kean has told Junior Hoilett that he should only be thinking about joining a 'top-four club' when he leaves Blackburn.

Hoilett's current contract expires in the summer and he has yet to agree a new deal with Rovers.

Blackburn have been trying to persuade the 21-year-old forward to extend his terms, but it seems he is set to leave at the end of the season, at which point the Ewood Park club would be due compensation for a player they signed at 13.

He has also been linked with a possible exit in January, but Kean insists that if he moves on then it should only be for one of the Premier League's top clubs.

"I've told him that if he ever leaves the club, he should be going to a top-three or top-four club," said Kean.

"I don't know if he's at the stage yet that if he went to a club like that he'd play consistently.

"But we can give him games where he's going to feature and be a match-winner for us."

Steve Kean has told Junior Hoilett that he should only be thinking about joining a 'top-four club' when he leaves Blackburn.

Hoilett's current contract expires in the summer and he has yet to agree a new deal with Rovers.

Blackburn have been trying to persuade the 21-year-old forward to extend his terms, but it seems he is set to leave at the end of the season, at which point the Ewood Park club would be due compensation for a player they signed at 13.

He has also been linked with a possible exit in January, but Kean insists that if he moves on then it should only be for one of the Premier League's top clubs.

"I've told him that if he ever leaves the club, he should be going to a top-three or top-four club," said Kean.

"I don't know if he's at the stage yet that if he went to a club like that he'd play consistently.

"But we can give him games where he's going to feature and be a match-winner for us."

So what we are saying is Kean and his paymasters would prefer him to join Liverpool over anyone else.

So the main stumbling block, apart from us being a joke and going down, is that he wants a fee release clause (most likely as he sees a big club coming in for him) so how does Kean look to negate this problem? By telling him that he should be looking to move to a big club...jesus the mans a moron. He hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

So what we are saying is Kean and his paymasters would prefer him to join Liverpool over anyone else.

..and the pay day that would come their way.

Heck, I didn't type that did I?

Must be drunk.

Rovers supporters spiked my half pint of lager shandy top.

What strikes me as being particularly odd is it has taken this long for Kean to decide to bring the matter up with Hoilett. I know its common practice for contracts to be taken care of by chairmen etc.. But to never have even spoken to him about it? Really?

What are you all banging on about? Kean sorted this all out with Hoilett on deadline day he said so in a press conference that it was "very close". I remember punching the air with delight, thinking we were going to be able to hang onto one of our future stars. It made up in some part for the departure of Phil Jones. One would think that's why Kean announced it with such aplomb to Sky Sports.

Oh... Now I see, it was a load of old twaddle :angry:

A couple of thoughts occurred to me today.

We now know the Venkys are aware of the consequences of inserting a minimum transfer fee into contracts.

I wonder if they realise the consequences of not negotiating a new contract with a player-after all they have yet to find themselves in this position.

I also wonder how often this comes up in their conversations with Kean. I can't believe he will have told them about the possibilities of the player leaving for very little compensation.

Hoiletts ability stood out like a beacon from the first moment I saw him. How could anybody not recognise such potential?

:rolleyes: Spoke too soon, today he was the worst player on the pitch. If the real Hoilett had turned up to help his teammmates today we could have beaten Chelsea. His touch was awful all afternoon and once with a virtual a free run on goal down the right he tamely chose to turn in and pass the ball. Wouldn't be at all suprised to find that Chelsea might be his next move and especially so after watching Mata on their left cos he was awful too.

• Backroom

Mata is class but today he wasn't at his best.

As for Hoilett I thought he looked lazy and uninterested, stark contrast to the likes of Pedersen and Givet who gave it everything

Archived