BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] £15 M To Spend - What Are You Strengthening And Who Are You Buying?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think that will cut it - we need four players at least who are dedicated centrebacks.

Can't agree with that at all. How many times did Zurab play last season? 6/7? It's a waste of a squad position to have someone who will only play that amount of games. Better getting in a dedicated right back who can also fill in at centre back if needs be, that way we'll get more games out of them.

Givet in, Seltiradis (sp) Arango (4m) and Cardoza(8m) one more in the MF maybe the Hammer (3-4m) I would be a happy man.

I know thats 15-16m there has to be more than the 13m, I can dream.

Then we can empty the trash can. to make up the deficit.

I think the team is maybe beginning to take shape now. Unless we move people out I can't really see any others coming in, apart from maybe competition for Diouf and Pedersen (hopefully someone better than Van Der Meyde).

..................Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Givet Warnock

....................Grella

..........Emerton....Dunn

...Diouf...................Pedersen

..............[target man]

Subs: Bunn, Nelsen, Andrews, N'Zonzi, [wide player], Roberts, McCarthy

Rest: Fielding, Olsson, Reid, Judge, Doran, Treacy, van Heerden

Seems about as likely as anything right now. Am I right in thinking it was Allardyce who nearly signed Dunn for Bolton? If so then he must rate him as a player and will probably have him pencilled in as the forward running player, with Emerton doing box-to-box duties.

If we can keep everyone fit then I think we've got a strong team now actually, but we desperately need a quality striker.

Hmm. I think we may have a couple of suprises in that Van Heerden and N'Zonzi could challange for starating places. Van Heerden's quality of delivery and pace seems to me to make him quite attractive instead of Diouf, and will give us something different and an outlet.

As it stands I could see us lining up like this at the start of the season:

---------------------Cardozo (please God!)

Pedersen------------Dunn-----------Van Heerden

------------Warnock------Emerton

--Givet------Nelsen----Samba----Jackobsen

-------------------Robinson

Subs: Bunn, Grella, N'Zonzi, Diouf, McCarthy, Di Santo, Hoilett

Squad: Brown, Reid, Roberts, Doran, Judge, Andrews, Treacy, Olsson, Gallagher, Van Der Meyde?

Lots of energy in there with Emerton and Warnock shielding the back four and carrying the ball forward. Dunn to provide the creative spark. VH as the outlet down the right. Solid defence too.

Cardozo would give us options in the air and on the ground. A problem would be Di Santo wouldn't get a starting berth. Would Chelsea get annoyed about that? Strong bench, particually if N'Zonzi and Hoilett progress as players.

That would be a good squad. Better if we could maybe shift one of Grella, Reid or Andrews and bring in a first class midfielder? But I find it hard to think anyone will want to match their wages.

Archived