BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kevin Davies - The Second Coming...?

Would you be in favour of re-signing Kevin Davies?  

453 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favour of re-signing Kevin Davies?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on Price
    • I'd rather have Grooby upfront

I mentioned somewhere when the Davies story broke that i work with a bloke who knew him very well in his Southampton days. They still keep in touch but obviously through geographical reasons, not as often as they used too. Anyway, i don't really buy into the whole 'friend of a friend' thing. But just bumped into the bloke and had a little chat about us being linked with him. His first reaction was, "He'll never go back there. He absolutely hated it there. Not least because he had to walk two miles to the nearest pub!"

We both work at the same place although both for different companies. He said when he joined his lot he had to take a medical, which involed an HIV test. He explained the results took about 5 minutes. He then went on to say when Davies had his Blackburn medical they kept him waiting 45 minutes in the car park whilst getting the result of his HIV test. He was sat in his car checking his tackle in a blind panic because it was taking so long! Thought that was quite amusing.

He did say that he thought Davies would only come back to us for one final payday. I think this may be our saving grace because we aren't likely to break the bank for him in regards to wages. Simply because we're looking to reduce the wage bill.

I also mentioned to him that i'd greatly appreciate it if he had a word, along the lines of him not being welcomed back. He just laughed. I stood very stoney faced. He stopped laughing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also mentioned to him that i'd greatly appreciate it if he had a word, along the lines of him not being welcomed back. He just laughed. I stood very stoney faced. He stopped laughing.

Bet you did really well in drama at school Patrick. :rolleyes:

Archived