BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

because I wanted to do the exact same thing whilst watching him half-cut tell the world he wanted to move,and that he had outgrown BRFC.

Players have there own minds,and if anyone thinks he left because of an agent you must be having a laugh..

I can understand why people get frustrated with footballers. People WORK all week to essentially pay the inflated wages of the egotistical prats, and they stick two fingers up at the earliest oppertunity. This frustration then manifests itself in different ways.

Personally I don't really like violence,but I do firmly believe there massive wages represent danger money, and footballers have to accept that their actions and the way they conduct themselves impact upon peoples lives (in varying degrees) and some people loose the plot.

I doubt it was a random attack as such and I'm sure there is more to the story..there usually is..

Also, somebody said when he left, he heaped praise on the club etc??, did I miss that then? Maybe he didn't shout it as loud as be did when he made us look like mugs on SSN saying he wanted out..the greedy berk wouldn't stick in an official transfer

request,just so be could bleed a final payday out of us, the paying fans.

My main point is he should think about what he says/does and realise that the industry he his in makes him vulnerable to this sort of beef.

Footballers are professionals who do it for money first and then for glory - not for loyalty to any particular club. They never have the depth of feeling that any of the fans have for the club because to them it is just a well paid job. I think the idiots should think about this and realise this is the nature of the industry. That way they will understand why this sort of 'beef' is completely unacceptable.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can understand why people get frustrated with footballers.

footballers have to accept that their actions and the way they conduct themselves impact upon peoples lives (in varying degrees) and some people loose the plot.

My main point is he should think about what he says/does and realise that the industry he his in makes him vulnerable to this sort of beef.

So essentially, if you in any way impact on someone's life, and that impact frustrates or annoys them, they can punch you?

Your posts in this thread have made an impact on my life, in so much as I spent a few seconds reading them, making me think you're a moron, and then a few minutes or so writing this reply. You should have thought about what you wrote, and realised it could make a mentally unstable person loose the plot. But I guess you'd be fine with me, or anyone else who get frustrated by you for whatever reason, punching you the next time you're having lunch with your gf/bf/wife/husband/children/mother/father/friend/whoever?

Your arguments are sound though. Uses the same kind of reasoning as "She shouldn't have worn such a short skirt" or "They could have avoided this by not being so different" etc.

I can understand why people get frustrated with footballers. People WORK all week to essentially pay the inflated wages of the egotistical prats, and they stick two fingers up at the earliest oppertunity. This frustration then manifests itself in different ways.

A simple way to avoid the frustration is to stop putting the money you earn working toward their inflated salaries. Regardless of how Bentley left Rovers he does not deserve a punch, nor does his girl need to see him get one whilst having a quiet night out. Grow up will you.

Hasta, a footballer's primary reason for playing is the thrill, they just happen to be very good at it. Once they make it is when they start on the money. The enclosed lifesytle they live leads them toward becoming a bunch of misguided fools (not in all cases might I add).

Lathund, it will warm me in my bed tonight to know that my posts in this thread have made an impact on your life..

You seem puzzled by the word beef? It means angst,trouble.. Hope this heads up further impacts upon your life.

Get over it, I find it funny that Bentley got a cheeky slap..so what?...can you honestly tell me you have NEVER been just a little bit pleased that someone you know has taken a bit of a whack before??

I am ashamed to admit it............but it wasn't me.

After reading the entire story & peoples comments, I apologise about my comment above, it was made without reading the story properly, I am extremely against violence & those who commit violence. Although I am not keen on the bloke for the way he left us, I would love to see him back in Rovers colours.

Most of the idiots in this world would be happy about such a situation.

But if you think punching a man, who is out for a meal with his pregnant wife is something to gloat or be happy about, then you have just told us all what type of person YOU are.

Jesus in my post I wasn't condoning the circumstances surrounding the event I was merely basking in the fact that Bentley got a punch in the face!

He may be a prat, but going up to him in a restaurant and hitting him is childish and plain stupid. People like Hitler, Myra Hyndley etc. deserve a slap, but a big headed footballer? Having been the victim of a completely unprovoked assault myself, I sympathise with David and condemn the scumbag who hit him.

In my role as Devils advocate it's worthwhile remembering that we don't know the facts. Apparently Bentley got smacked in the mouth in an unprovoked attack which is not good at all on the face of it............. but do we know that he didn't deserve that smack? Might there just be a chance that he'd had a few bevvies and was gobbing off again like some Spoilt brat, Big-Time Charlie as we all are very well aware that he can?

In my role as Devils advocate it's worthwhile remembering that we don't know the facts. Apparently Bentley got smacked in the mouth in an unprovoked attack which is not good at all on the face of it............. but do we know that he didn't deserve that smack? Might there just be a chance that he'd had a few bevvies and was gobbing off again like some Spoilt brat, Big-Time Charlie as we all are very well aware that he can?

trust you, theno, to find a "reason".

Devils advocate, bullshit, you're just stirring!

Accept that he got smacked in the gob in a restaurant when he was with his Sheila. If it was me,I'd be ###### off, if it was you, you'd be ###### off, no matter what was said.

Jesus in my post I wasn't condoning the circumstances surrounding the event I was merely basking in the fact that Bentley got a punch in the face!

I believe you aid you would be happy to shake the persons hand who punched Bentley - is that not in itself condoning? I also suggest that others on here have been given the same impression by you.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a great shame he left but he's another player who has demonstrated it's better to be a big fish in a smallpond. Given the form and success he enjoyed at Rovers there's not reason to believe his career would have hit the buffers in the manner it has at Spurs. With our lack of creativity I'd like to see him return to Ewood on loan, certainly not for anyhting close to £15m. On the otherhand returning to former clubs rarely works out.

Archived