BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he's a complete MUG, I would never want him near rovers again unless he apoligised to all rovers fans for putting money and fame before football and promised too stop spouting off in every newspaper the minute he has a good game

Pretty much how I feel. The lad has to eat humble pie and admit he got it wrong by leaving us. If he had stayed then he would be the regular right winger for England now.

Did Bentley ever insult the club? I'm sure he only had good things to say, he just wanted to move to a more glamorous club. He made a mistake, but I wouldn't cut our nose off to spite our face. He's a gifted player and would improve the squad. I'd have him back here in a shot.

Depends what you see as an insult?!

Pi$$ed up in a bar in Majorca, saying how much he wanted to leave!?

He still said good things about that club though. He hardly burnt his bridges or anything by saying he wanted to go, he's just made the same mistake many young players have by thinking Spurs is a good place to further your career.

I'd welcome him back here without hesitation.

The guy acted like a tool. But again, if we have the chance to sign a talented player like Bentley we should take it. Pride cometh before a fall.

I think I'd agree with that, he made a massive mistake by leaving and I'd be looking for some kind of apology or at least an acknowledgement that he was wrong to leave but I'd take him back.

Think it's a moot point anyway as Spuds and Tappy probably would want to recoup the 17m (Fat Chance). Can't see them letting him leave on loan unless there were no other bidders and since we've got Di Santo it would rule us out until January anyway.

Having said that they are looking to strengthen their left side, although I'm a big fan of Warnock I probably rate Givet ahead of him, throw in Pedersen(Diouf, Hoilett, even Olsson could perhaps play on the left.) and I guess it's not completley out of the question.

It's a great shame he left but he's another player who has demonstrated it's better to be a big fish in a smallpond. Given the form and success he enjoyed at Rovers there's not reason to believe his career would have hit the buffers in the manner it has at Spurs. With our lack of creativity I'd like to see him return to Ewood on loan, certainly not for anyhting close to £15m. On the otherhand returning to former clubs rarely works out.

I know you said rarely, but we've had two players' in my time supporting Rovers. Firstly Colin Hendy, and secondly Henning Berg. In a way I feel slightly sorry for David Bentley; he never showed any animosity to Rovers after leaving, nor did he flaunt his wanting to leave in the public. Just goes to show the grass isn't always greener. You never find out unless you try though.

I know you said rarely, but we've had two players' in my time supporting Rovers. Firstly Colin Hendy, and secondly Henning Berg. In a way I feel slightly sorry for David Bentley; he never showed any animosity to Rovers after leaving, nor did he flaunt his wanting to leave in the public. Just goes to show the grass isn't always greener. You never find out unless you try though.

Oh dear.

If this jumped up scrote ever played for us again I'd consider joining Waggy in the pub .......

Silly talk Phil. Is waggy's immaturity contagious?

In general though it's odd how personalities seem so important when considering players qualities. Why is that? It's weird imo. All I want SA to select from is a squad of top quality players not the soddin League of Gentleman.

Bentley told the management he wanted to leave well in advance of the season's end and with ages left on his contract. We got a good fee for him and he never once said a bad word about the club. So talk of people not attending Ewood if he were to return baffles me.

Oh yeah and so you think the personality of a player is just as important to the team as that of a manager? :rolleyes:

Doesn't change the fact that you calling Waggy immature is highly ironic as he is only doing exactly what you said you'd do if Ince was appointed.

Doesn't change the fact that you calling Waggy immature is highly ironic as he is only doing exactly what you said you'd do if Ince was appointed.

Course it does shillitoe. It's a case of right and wrong. I was right and waggy is wrong. Simple.

Archived