BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley

Hughesy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excelent article, hopefully it will show to some of the morons what a decent and thoughtful person he is. He was thinking of his employer when he withdrew from the Under 21 squad. Good luck to him, hope he has a long and distinguished England career.

Better still!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

I wonder if the media will dare to risk the wrath of the G&T brigade at Arsenal by quoting those pro zone statistics? :lol:

as Jimmy Cricket would say

and there's more!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

What is all this popularising of BRFC in the Mail and Mirror about all of a sudden? I'd rather we were hated and feared. I must have developed a seige mentality cos I've been enjoying seeing the whites of our opponents eyes for once.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope Platt hasn't jinxed Bentley now. I remember the former U21 boss (and a terrible boss he was) lauding David Dunn as one of the people likely to star in the forthcoming Euro U21 champ, setting himself on the path to being one of Europe's star players...

I hope Platt hasn't jinxed Bentley now. I remember the former U21 boss (and a terrible boss he was) lauding David Dunn as one of the people likely to star in the forthcoming Euro U21 champ, setting himself on the path to being one of Europe's star players...

dunny is still on the path....... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
And that is just for his haircut.

Why has he got that haircut ffs? It makes him look like a right chav.

This is funny though from the Guardian match report. Best way to take it. No doubt Sav and him will be forming some sort of competition between themselve now.

"I'm getting more boos than Robbie Savage," joked the newly toughened Bentley after being jeered by Sunderland fans deriding his decision to give the England Under-21s a bodyswerve this summer. "But, to be honest, I quite enjoy it. "

Why has he got that haircut ffs? It makes him look like a right chav.

This is funny though from the Guardian match report. Best way to take it. No doubt Sav and him will be forming some sort of competition between themselve now.

"I'm getting more boos than Robbie Savage," joked the newly toughened Bentley after being jeered by Sunderland fans deriding his decision to give the England Under-21s a bodyswerve this summer. "But, to be honest, I quite enjoy it. "

There is the same quote in the Daily Telegraph.

I don't like his hair style-reminds me of Derek Dougan.

Sav certainly enjoyed his booing on Saturday at Sunderland. At one point, whilst warming up, he went to get a ball that had gone out and the Steward threw it over his head to the player! Sav thought that was very funny and gave the steward the thumbs up!

Maybe we should revive the fan's nickname for Dougan and give it to Bentley.........Cheyanne!

Indeed and it's funny but I can remember Clint Walker as Cheyenne Bodie but not Derek Dougan at Ewood Park. I guess the TV series must have run longer than him.

Bentley's booing could help him just like Ronaldo last season! Heres hoping!!

As proffesional footballers,I'm sure they're trained to rise above the nonsense.Boo boys are like nuiscance drunks in pubs.You know who they are,it'ss always the same morons,and you learrn just to ignore them.

Why even ggive boo boys the time of day.

Bents for me seems like a top top lad. I had him pegged for one of those hot shots, like the morons at West Spam. I'm happy to say that that is no longer my opinion. He etched his place in my heart ever since the hat-trick against Scum, and ever since he's grew on me. Here's to Bentley, may he become more of a world beater in the future!

He strikes me as a young bloke who's found exactly the right place for himself at this moment in his career and is loving every minute of it. He'll go unless we improve year on year but while he's here he's really enjoying what he's got, what he's learning and achieving. If he wants a weird haircut why not? While people are talking about that they're not talking about his not playing for U21s or whatever. I think he's really genuine and when my daughter met him in Germany she was very impressed with the time he gave to talk to all the fans.

Archived