BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Many Mosques In Blackburn?

ummmm.

Don't know if you watched the BNP Leader Griffin the other night but he thinks ships with imigrants on should be shot at and sunk :0

Going back to the council tax thing... it's just another way for the unwanted to expose a loop hole, obviously something should be done about it but i doubt it will. Which ultimatly begs the question a "Are we a multicultural society or a church of england society"?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going back to the council tax thing... it's just another way for the unwanted to expose a loop hole, obviously something should be done about it but i doubt it will. Which ultimatly begs the question a "Are we a multicultural society or a church of england society"?

We are an effin stupid society cos a massive 60% of council tax monies is simply used to fill up the pension funds of council employees! This recession and the economic fallout has to make a day of reckoning inevitable and probably sooner rather than later.

We are an effin stupid society cos a massive 60% of council tax monies is simply used to fill up the pension funds of council employees!

Is this one of those stats made possible by the way Council Tax is collected?

EDIT - having just checked Im baffled by this Drog. What is your source?

his backside I'm guessing. Its where the majority of his statements come from

Ahhh the pretend mod strikes again.

his backside I'm guessing. Its where the majority of his statements come from

So in your opinion wiggy's talking shyte is he brains? You'd better take it up with him.:P

So, are we any closer to knowing how many mosques there are in Blackburn?

Which was the original question.

Cant you read Colin?

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=780001

But beware the figures are old and are only those affiliated to the LKCoM. Also if you want to include prayer rooms and the like I guess we need help from the Town Hall Council Tax dept.

• 1 year later...

<!--quoteo(post=780174:date=Jun 25 2009, 14:08 :name=JAL)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAL @ Jun 25 2009, 14:08 ) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=780174"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ive never been in a mosque in my life been inside many a Roman catholic church, many a Church of England church yet never a mosque and here in Blackburn we are rich with so many.

Maybe more of us should enter a mosque then any barriers would be broken down and acceptance of anothers faith would be that little bit easier to accept and sit comfortably with.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

and life could become like this

<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8147329.stm" target="_blank">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8147329.stm</a>

not in this country.

Still I see no mention of this <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8144154.stm" target="_blank">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8144154.stm</a> which gets worse when you find out the security guards who were supposed to be protecting her, then shot her husband as he went to help her.

Or even this....... http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/30/iran-stoning-sentence-mohammadi-ashtani

The main story is outrageous but the case in the final two paragraphs is just about as barbaric as it gets.

I'm all for capital punishment but only for cold blooded murder and the most heinous of crimes.

The main story is outrageous but the case in the final two paragraphs is just about as barbaric as it gets.

I'm all for capital punishment but only for cold blooded murder and the most heinous of crimes.

The Iranian regime is about as evil as it gets.

Slight diversion here but after watching coverage of the devastating monsoon flooding in Pakistan this morning it struck me that I had not seen a single picture of any Pakistani lady on the newsreels wearing a burka or niqab. Those I've seen simply wear hijabs and headscarves.

Given that most of this country's immigrants originate in that neck of the woods it kind of undermines the arguments against banning the burka etc doesn't it? It's quite obviously not traditional dress in Pakistan. Also begs the question of why that odd type of attire has recently become so popular over here? Hardly anything to do with surviving the searing mid summer sun in Lancashire is it? Might make more sense in they were made out of oilskin. :rolleyes:

Guest Kamy100

Slight diversion here but after watching coverage of the devastating monsoon flooding in Pakistan this morning it struck me that I had not seen a single picture of any Pakistani lady on the newsreels wearing a burka or niqab. Those I've seen simply wear hijabs and headscarves.

Given that most of this country's immigrants originate in that neck of the woods it kind of undermines the arguments against banning the burka etc doesn't it? It's quite obviously not traditional dress in Pakistan. Also begs the question of why that odd type of attire has recently become so popular over here? Hardly anything to do with surviving the searing mid summer sun in Lancashire is it? Might make more sense in they were made out of oilskin. :rolleyes:

I think I mentioned before that the wearing of a Burkha is not prevalent within the Pakistani community, very few Pakistani woman wear a full burkha.

In Blackburn you will find that the vast majority of woman who wear the Burkha are Indian and the vast majority of them are from one particular region in India.

I have also noticed that the wearing of the Burkha has increased a lot over the last 18 months.

I think I mentioned before that the wearing of a Burkha is not prevalent within the Pakistani community, very few Pakistani woman wear a full burkha.

In Blackburn you will find that the vast majority of woman who wear the Burkha are Indian and the vast majority of them are from one particular region in India.

I have also noticed that the wearing of the Burkha has increased a lot over the last 18 months.

Today I spoke to a young woman of an Indian background.

She felt the wearing of these items was a moslem thing rather than an Indian thing.

Guest Kamy100

Today I spoke to a young woman of an Indian background.

She felt the wearing of these items was a moslem thing rather than an Indian thing.

Never said it wasn't a muslim thing, however you will find that wearing a Burkha is not a huge thing in Pakistan, and that the vast majority of women who wear it in Blackburn are Indian muslims.

Never said it wasn't a muslim thing, however you will find that wearing a Burkha is not a huge thing in Pakistan, and that the vast majority of women who wear it in Blackburn are Indian muslims.

My short conversation threw up the reaction that it wasn't an Indian thing-I'll try and ask her more tomorrow.

What is the break down of the background of Asian Heritage people in the town, Indian compared to Pakistani?

Sorry to drift away from mosque/church/synagogue/meeting house counting but when it comes to dress, each to their own.

There are certain piercings and tattoos around the place which all but make me physically sick. I see a woman of the catholic or moslem persuasion clad to hide her from my eyes and I just think why?

If we ban female coverings, where will it end?- all of us dressed in Mao suits?

In the spirit of irreverence I thoroughly enjoy (although I am a believer) one of my favourite stories concerned the Wahibi-influenced Saudis who had poured a shed load of cash into Kosovo prior to independence. The Kosovans are canny enough to know when they are onto a good thing and had shipped tons of Wahibi texts into Pristina so long as it came attached with plenty of $$$.

Come the eve of Independence and the Wahibi-dominated Saudi TV who thought they were doing a brilliant job of sending Kosovo into the dark ages committed a 160-strong TV team to cover live the Islamic triumph of an independent Kosovo. After 15 minutes, they'd given up trying to get a camera angle which didn't catch sight of the micro mini clad girls of Pristina wildly popping bottles of champagne and abandoned their coverage of Kosovo's independence!

The frightening thing is, there will be equivalent stories coming out of Chistianist America soon!

The frightening thing is, there will be equivalent stories coming out of Chistianist America soon!

Dunno about that but here's one from Dubai....

http://www.lemondrop.co.uk/2010/08/05/brit-charged-for-wearing-a-bikini-in-dubai-shopping-centre/?icid=main|uk-ws-bb|dl6|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemondrop.co.uk%2F2010%2F08%2F05%2Fbrit-charged-for-wearing-a-bikini-in-dubai-shopping-centre%2F

Locked up and quite right too. Unless the intention is to antagonise and provoke reaction there is no need to dress in a manner which is against the national customs nor acceptable standards of any country. It's disrespectful in the extreme.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a moving documentary on ITV tonight. The callous and cowardly gunning down of a young WPC in Bradford on her daughter's 4th birthday.

here

how did this Somalian Sh1thouse escape ? Woman's passport and passed through customs wearing the full dalek outfit.

We dragged his sorry ar5e back to blighty and he's banged up for 30, I thank you.

Vive la france and ban it now.

how did this Somalian Sh1thouse escape ? Woman's passport and passed through customs wearing the full dalek outfit.

I think one of the London Bombers that 'failed' did likewise.

btw Those bombers.... Odd religion that promises to reward murder and mass murder of innocents with an everlasting supply of virgins and stuff.

Ours forbids it and promises an eternal life raking the coals of hell.

One must be wrong. :blink:

Archived