BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Many Mosques In Blackburn?

I think one of the London Bombers that 'failed' did likewise.

btw Those bombers.... Odd religion that promises to reward murder and mass murder of innocents with an everlasting supply of virgins and stuff.

Ours forbids it and promises an eternal life raking the coals of hell.

One must be wrong. :blink:

Our religion?

you go to church then do you?

Mate you are the only one who insists on keeping these bloody threads alive! We get it, we get your opinion, now just let it lie for a while will you??!!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our religion?

you go to church then do you?

Mate you are the only one who insists on keeping these bloody threads alive! We get it, we get your opinion, now just let it lie for a while will you??!!

No. You just stop reading them if you don't want to. Failing that use the ignore facility. Failing that mind your own business. -_-

Thats an old link El Tombro. But quite right too and I applaud them..... Be even better if that type of strong condemnation resulted in the police and security forces receiving more co-operation from members of the public in warning of individual citizens showing rogue tendencies.

btw Those bombers.... Odd religion that promises to reward murder and mass murder of innocents with an everlasting supply of virgins and stuff.

Ours forbids it and promises an eternal life raking the coals of hell.

One must be wrong. :blink:

Or more likely (unless you have evidence to the contrary)... both ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update on the topic..... I'm reliably informed that there are currently 36 mosques in Blackburn.

Ewood Spark.... you hate the 'For Darwen' party with a vengeance don't you? This might interest you......

An interesting development is in the offing however. I am reliably informed that each new application to the Town Hall for permission to build a mosque is accompanied by an application to allow the call to prayer to be broadcast through speakers. This to date has always been rejected for obvious reasons. The counter argument normally being put forward is that christian churches are allowed to ring church bells to summon worshippers so by the same measure mosques should therefore be allowed the call to prayer. Unfortunately whilst church bells are tunefull and rung only on Sundays with perhaps an occasional evening of practice the call to prayer is completely tuneless and occurrs 5 times per day.

Moving on of sorts..... there is currently all sorts of shennanigins within the council chambers. Two of the 'For Darwen' councillors (1 or both with BNP links btw) are threatening to defect from the coalition and bring it down by voting with the Labour opposition. As a result of this there has been an extraordinary meeting called for next Tuesday by the Labour group in an open and desperate attempt to seize control of the council once more.

Here's the rub though. The Labour opposition group contain 31 councillors of which 16 (and therefore) the majority are of IndoPak origin! Making a significant assumption that they are all muslim then it might not be too long before we are all subject to that depressingly awful wailing noise from dawn to dusk.

Watched a moving documentary on ITV tonight. The callous and cowardly gunning down of a young WPC in Bradford on her daughter's 4th birthday.

here

how did this Somalian Sh1thouse escape ? Woman's passport and passed through customs wearing the full dalek outfit.

We dragged his sorry ar5e back to blighty and he's banged up for 30, I thank you.

Vive la france and ban it now.

Full face veils are a security risk. There's no need for them. We can't have security considerations being subjagated to the needs of someone's religion. and we should not run scared of saying so. If you don't like it, tough. It's not anti-Islamic or xenophobic, it's common sense.

Went for a run yesterday and saw a woman in Islamic dress side on. Scared the bejeebers out of me, because at first, swear to God/the cosmos I thought it was teh grim reaper, and that I'd been overdoing it.

We need to ban the burqa and niqab everywhere because it is a sign of female repression, this isn't a right wing campaign it is a left one.

Indeed. Pictures from the flooded areas in Pakistan suggest that they've already banned the burkha over there. I haven't seen one yet.

Indeed. Pictures from the flooded areas in Pakistan suggest that they've already banned the burkha over there. I haven't seen one yet.

As I have said before it because the vast majority of women choose not to wear them rather than them being banned.

Also it is not sign of female repression if a woman chooses to wear one out of her own free will (there are many women who choose to this), the problems are that there are just as many women who are forced/pressurised to wear because of pressure from their family/husband.

We need to ban the burqa and niqab everywhere because it is a sign of female repression, this isn't a right wing campaign it is a left one.

Couldn't agree more. They are disgusting things.

I can't be alone in finding them offensive for the reasons you stated. Isn't it akin to British women strutting round Arab countries in bikinis?

Moving on of sorts..... there is currently all sorts of shennanigins within the council chambers. Two of the 'For Darwen' councillors (1 or both with BNP links btw) are threatening to defect from the coalition and bring it down by voting with the Labour opposition. As a result of this there has been an extraordinary meeting called for next Tuesday by the Labour group in an open and desperate attempt to seize control of the council once more.

Here's the rub though. The Labour opposition group contain 31 councillors of which 16 (and therefore) the majority are of IndoPak origin! Making a significant assumption that they are all muslim then it might not be too long before we are all subject to that depressingly awful wailing noise from dawn to dusk.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8390789.Labour_back_in_control_of_Blackburn_with_Darwen/?ref=mr

Stage 1 completed. Labour back in charge and Shadsworth Centre to be kept open as decreed within the conditions of the bribe.

A significant twist which will please Es, Jim at al hugely saw a man from the public gallery step forward to hurl his shoe at Conservative leader Councillor Colin Rigby. I'll attempt to find out who he was but I doubt he would have been arrested or detained for the assault.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8390789.Labour_back_in_control_of_Blackburn_with_Darwen/?ref=mr

Stage 1 completed. Labour back in charge and Shadsworth Centre to be kept open as decreed within the conditions of the bribe.

A significant twist which will please Es, Jim at al hugely saw a man from the public gallery step forward to hurl his shoe at Conservative leader Councillor Colin Rigby. I'll attempt to find out who he was but I doubt he would have been arrested or detained for the assault.

If the Tory Councillor wanted the shoe thrower arrested he would first have to make a complaint to Police wouldn't he?

Hardly a surprise that you are all over this thread.

Has anyone heard about the £4m partly disabled car park next to Waves, only for the disabled having to endure a walk up a small hill in order to get into town.

Is it any wonder that there is a campaign to remove the leader of the council.

Has anyone heard about the £4m partly disabled car park next to Waves, only for the disabled having to endure a walk up a small hill in order to get into town.

Is it any wonder that there is a campaign to remove the leader of the council.

Never heard about that JAL. Where would you have put it?

Hardly a surprise that you are all over this thread.

If the events of Blackburn and it's local government hold no interest for you then you can sod off!

...... Oh I see you have. <_<

As I have said before it because the vast majority of women choose not to wear them rather than them being banned.

Also it is not sign of female repression if a woman chooses to wear one out of her own free will (there are many women who choose to this), the problems are that there are just as many women who are forced/pressurised to wear because of pressure from their family/husband.

Problem is Kamy, how do you tell the difference? Besides, what you are talking about is repression from Males, I am talking about repression by the religion they are part of. Something that can't be defended.

Now please do not confuse what I am talking about, I am not talking about the hijab, I am talking solely of the burqa and the niqab.

The other point to be made is that there is nothing within the Koran which states that any of these items must be worn, it is akin to the ascension of Mary made up by the Catholics.

Never heard about that JAL. Where would you have put it?

Regarding the town centre disabled parking next to waves. Theres a tale doing the rounds that the traffic wardens have been told NOT to mention where this car park is, due to the difficulties that the disabled will encounter.

Regarding the town centre disabled parking next to waves. Theres a tale doing the rounds that the traffic wardens have been told NOT to mention where this car park is, due to the difficulties that the disabled will encounter.

Maybe but I did ask you where would be any better parking area that is viable.

btw Open question... I don't know the %age of disabled places required on car parks but I went to that new outdoor centre on Throstle St and the car park seems to provide an excessive amount of disabled places, none of which were taken btw. I'd hazard a guess at something in the region of 20, however as I came out I noticed 1 had been taken. I'm obviously not against disabled parking spots and don't ever park in them but it does always appear a taj excessive in most cases. Anybody know how the authority comes to the figures that they do? Come to think about it should those places not be prioritised so that the seriously disabled are given preference over the less seriously disabled?

btw Open question... I don't know the %age of disabled places required on car parks but I went to that new outdoor centre on Throstle St and the car park seems to provide an excessive amount of disabled places, none of which were taken btw. I'd hazard a guess at something in the region of 20, however as I came out I noticed 1 had been taken. I'm obviously not against disabled parking spots and don't ever park in them but it does always appear a taj excessive in most cases. Anybody know how the authority comes to the figures that they do? Come to think about it should those places not be prioritised so that the seriously disabled are given preference over the less seriously disabled?

I`d hazard a guess its due to the sheer amount on incapacity benefit :blink:

Why would the new waves car park be difficult for the disabled?

Its a 2 minute walk from town.

Having tested this new car park however, its like alcatraz to get in or out of it. Electronic systems with the tickets etc. Could confuse the simple people.

I thought the car park was there for the College and Waves with the added bonus of it being in the town centre and not primarily for the town centre and the disabled .

One location though for a multi storey car park would be at the end of the VUE cinema car park, aside of the railway station, close to the cicely embankment. There's already disabled access already in place that allows access through both sides of the railway station.

The other point to be made is that there is nothing within the Koran which states that any of these items must be worn, it is akin to the ascension of Mary made up by the Catholics.

Just out of interest, as someone who was raised a catholic, could you explain the relationship? I'm not a practicing catholic but struggling to see how the two are comparable.

I don't have any time for religion. But I will say that I prefer the sound of a Muslim call to prayer than the sound of church bells.

As an aside, isn't the Pope comparing atheists to Nazis a hate crime? Or are atheists not afforded the same discrimination rights as believers?

The ascension of Mary was made up by Catholics approximately 600 years after his death.

It's like a really long and boring soap opera (with a subscription)

Another point, in a free country you cannot ban any item if clothing. Even talking about it is embarrassing.

Another point, in a free country you cannot ban any item if clothing. Even talking about it is embarrassing.

So it is quite fine for people to walk down the high-street dressed in this?

kkk.jpg

Not that I personally would mind you, costs a fortune in bleach and they don't accept people of my religion.

Archived