BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Many Mosques In Blackburn?

Brittle bones, kidney and liver diseases, loss of feathers etc.

To clarify, I am talking about the above illnesses affecting caged hens in the UK in 2010.

In the EU as a whole, currently 80% of all eggs that are produced are from battery hens.

I have also learnt that as recently as June a battery cow factory has been proposed in the Uk, which is aiming to house 8000 cows in a single facility.

I bet all the cows will love it in that factory. It will be like a big holiday for them.

Thou without sin.....

empty vessels.....

I gave a reasonably long relevent and accurate reply to this nonsense a week ago but apparently following a complaint from some little big man with an obvious vendetta it was deleted by someone of poor judgement and shallow thought. I can't be arsed repeating it all over again so in an attempt to combat your complete ignorance of the subject you might find this of value ....... http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/sep/12/food-riots-farming

If you don't find it of value now bucky the chances are that given the benefit of an average lifespan you certainly will.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see a small but determined presence at KFC. People should be made aware of the massively increasing spread of hallal slaughter. Never mind the EDL I'm suprised animal rights groups and Christian organisations are not shouldering some of the burden. Kill the occasional lab rat and you get your house burnt down with you in it but ritually and barbarically slaughter millions of animals per annum and the erstwhile champions of animal rights don't seem to care a jot. Weird.

It comes to something when the towns MP and Dean find themselves having to pay lip service to it and lie publically to avoid any career damaging issues.

I hope they ban football shirts. Some people find them intimidating

do football shirts cover peoples faces up? no. does the koran say women must wear veils? no. Can i walk in a bank with a balaclava ? no but you can wear a burka ,very racist that isnt it.?

do give proof of football being intimidating and if you want footy shirts banning why come on a footy board? so clubs shouldnt be able to sell replica shirts for extra income ,what would you in your deluded world do then? have us go to football in our pj's and women wear burkas? stone to death people who wear footy shirts?

It was blatantly obvious that Bucky was making a point rather than literally saying we should ban football shirts. Some people do find large groups of people in football shirts intimidating mind.

You've taken a stand against Burkas and Halal on here recently Abs. Coincidence?

Coincidence that the same people who cruelly slaughter animals and walk around ramming islam down our throat are the same ? is that what you mean?

i was in the bank last week and a woman had the full post box attire on ,imagine if i went in the bank wearing a hankie round my face ,balaclava or even a crash helmet!!!!!

of course its ramming it down our throats and to wind non muslims up.there were very few "wearers " in blackburn pre 9/11(fireworks/car horns blaring /dancing in the street when it happened) and my muslim friend at college many years ago told me they /she wore them when a family member had died and ive no reason to doubt her.It was hijacked afterwards as bin ladens merry band of scum came more and more into the equation,just has the black rag on cars has done.

kfc? nah thats mondays tea when im on nights .curried pot noodle soaking at the mo.

Muslims won't eat it anyway. The hfa allows the meat to be stunned before slitting it's three main arteries. Muslims only really eat halal meat authenticated by another organisation as that one makes sure the animal is not allowed to be stunned, and a religious blessing made.

So it's pretty pointless kfc conducting this trial unless it used 'proper' halal meat.

Accrington kfc has stopped and removed it's trial as it was unsuccessful.

Moving on from the KFC, here is an interesting little quiz from the New York Times:

So let me give everybody another chance. And given the uproar about Islam, I’ll focus on extremism and fundamentalism — and, as you’ll see, there’s a larger point to this quiz. Note that some questions have more than one correct choice; answers are at the end.

1. Which holy book stipulates that a girl who does not bleed on her wedding night should be stoned to death?

a. Koran

b. Old Testament

c. (Hindu) Upanishads

2. Which holy text declares: “Let there be no compulsion in religion”?

a. Koran

b. Gospel of Matthew

c. Letter of Paul to the Romans

3. The terrorists who pioneered the suicide vest in modern times, and the use of women in terror attacks, were affiliated with which major religion?

a. Islam

b. Christianity

c. Hinduism

4. "Every child is touched by the devil as soon as he is born and this contact makes him cry. Excepted are Mary and her Son.” This verse is from:

a. Letters of Paul to the Corinthians

b. The Book of Revelation

c. An Islamic hadith, or religious tale

5. Which holy text is sympathetic to slavery?

a. Old Testament

b. New Testament

c. Koran

6. In the New Testament, Jesus’ views of homosexuality are:

a. strongly condemnatory

b. forgiving

c. never mentioned

7. Which holy text urges responding to evil with kindness, saying: “repel the evil deed with one which is better.”

a. Gospel of Luke

b. Book of Isaiah

c. Koran

8. Which religious figure preaches tolerance by suggesting that God looks after all peoples and leads them all to their promised lands?

a. Muhammad

b. Amos

c. Jesus

9. Which of these religious leaders was a polygamist?

a. Jacob

b. King David

c. Muhammad

10. What characterizes Muhammad’s behavior toward the Jews of his time?

a. He killed them.

b. He married one.

c. He praised them as a chosen people.

11. Which holy scripture urges that the "little ones" of the enemy be dashed against the stones?

a. Book of Psalms

b. Koran

c. Leviticus

12. Which holy scripture suggests beating wives who misbehave?

a. Koran

b. Letters of Paul to the Corinthians

c. Book of Judges

13. Which religious leader is quoted as commanding women to be silent during services?

a. The first Dalai Lama

b. St. Paul

c. Muhammad

Answers:

1. b. Deuteronomy 22:21.

2. a. Koran, 2:256. But other sections of the Koran do describe coercion.

3. c. Most early suicide bombings were by Tamil Hindus (some secular) in Sri Lanka and India.

4. c. Koran. Islam teaches that Jesus was a prophet to be revered.

5. All of the above.

6. c. Other parts of the New and Old Testaments object to homosexuality, but there’s no indication of Jesus’ views.

7. c. Koran, 41:34. Jesus says much the same thing in different words.

8. b. Amos 9:7

9. all of them

10. all of these. Muhammad’s Jewish wife was seized in battle, which undermines the spirit of the gesture. By some accounts he had a second Jewish wife as well.

11. a. Psalm 137

12. a. Koran 4:34

13. b. St. Paul, both in 1 Corinthians 14 and 1 Timothy 2, but many scholars believe that neither section was actually written by Paul.

And yes, the point of this little quiz is that religion is more complicated than it sometimes seems, and that we should be wary of rushing to inflammatory conclusions about any faith, especially based on cherry-picking texts. The most crucial element is perhaps not what is in our scriptures, but what is in our hearts.

there were very few "wearers " in blackburn pre 9/11(fireworks/car horns blaring /dancing in the street when it happened)

I agree with Abbey on this point. I grew up in an area with a large asian population & went to a junior school that was 50/50 white & asian. Not once in my childhood could i remember seeing anybody in the full black burka & veil. The first one i ever saw in Blackburn was post 9/11. It is now commonplace.

A work colleague at the time also witnessed the 9/11 celebrations on Whalley Range. He was listening to it on his car radio at bastwell traffic lights & saw people coming out of shops & houses waving their hands in the air & hugging each other. He was disgusted & let them know it.

In my view, i think the full black burka/veil thing is some sort of act of defiance....not by the women who wear it themselves, but from those with husbands who have more extremist/hardcore islamic views.

Moving on from the KFC, here is an interesting little quiz from the New York Times:

So let me give everybody another chance. And given the uproar about Islam, I’ll focus on extremism and fundamentalism — and, as you’ll see, there’s a larger point to this quiz. Note that some questions have more than one correct choice; answers are at the end.

1. Which holy book stipulates that a girl who does not bleed on her wedding night should be stoned to death?

a. Koran

b. Old Testament

c. (Hindu) Upanishads

2. Which holy text declares: “Let there be no compulsion in religion”?

a. Koran

b. Gospel of Matthew

c. Letter of Paul to the Romans

3. The terrorists who pioneered the suicide vest in modern times, and the use of women in terror attacks, were affiliated with which major religion?

a. Islam

b. Christianity

c. Hinduism

4. "Every child is touched by the devil as soon as he is born and this contact makes him cry. Excepted are Mary and her Son.” This verse is from:

a. Letters of Paul to the Corinthians

b. The Book of Revelation

c. An Islamic hadith, or religious tale

5. Which holy text is sympathetic to slavery?

a. Old Testament

b. New Testament

c. Koran

6. In the New Testament, Jesus’ views of homosexuality are:

a. strongly condemnatory

b. forgiving

c. never mentioned

7. Which holy text urges responding to evil with kindness, saying: “repel the evil deed with one which is better.”

a. Gospel of Luke

b. Book of Isaiah

c. Koran

8. Which religious figure preaches tolerance by suggesting that God looks after all peoples and leads them all to their promised lands?

a. Muhammad

b. Amos

c. Jesus

9. Which of these religious leaders was a polygamist?

a. Jacob

b. King David

c. Muhammad

10. What characterizes Muhammad’s behavior toward the Jews of his time?

a. He killed them.

b. He married one.

c. He praised them as a chosen people.

11. Which holy scripture urges that the "little ones" of the enemy be dashed against the stones?

a. Book of Psalms

b. Koran

c. Leviticus

12. Which holy scripture suggests beating wives who misbehave?

a. Koran

b. Letters of Paul to the Corinthians

c. Book of Judges

13. Which religious leader is quoted as commanding women to be silent during services?

a. The first Dalai Lama

b. St. Paul

c. Muhammad

Answers:

1. b. Deuteronomy 22:21.

2. a. Koran, 2:256. But other sections of the Koran do describe coercion.

3. c. Most early suicide bombings were by Tamil Hindus (some secular) in Sri Lanka and India.

4. c. Koran. Islam teaches that Jesus was a prophet to be revered.

5. All of the above.

6. c. Other parts of the New and Old Testaments object to homosexuality, but there’s no indication of Jesus’ views.

7. c. Koran, 41:34. Jesus says much the same thing in different words.

8. b. Amos 9:7

9. all of them

10. all of these. Muhammad’s Jewish wife was seized in battle, which undermines the spirit of the gesture. By some accounts he had a second Jewish wife as well.

11. a. Psalm 137

12. a. Koran 4:34

13. b. St. Paul, both in 1 Corinthians 14 and 1 Timothy 2, but many scholars believe that neither section was actually written by Paul.

And yes, the point of this little quiz is that religion is more complicated than it sometimes seems, and that we should be wary of rushing to inflammatory conclusions about any faith, especially based on cherry-picking texts. The most crucial element is perhaps not what is in our scriptures, but what is in our hearts.

Of course, we must realise, especially with the bible, most of the writings were produced years after the fact, by persons not neccessarily the ones they were ascribed to, but by people who decided on their own made rules and regulations.

Indeed, in all religions, anyone who became a threat to the powers that be were ridiculed and executed as with Jesus.

We must not take things too literally or we will believe Jesus did walk on the water, cure a man born blind, much was lost in the translation from Hebrew and many of these illustrations were spiritual rather than in the real sense, the same can be applied to all other religious writings and rules.

As a footnote, Jesus was believed by many modern scholers to be illiterate, it can be derived in certain passages of the Gospel ascribed to St John that Jesus himself could have had homosexual relationships, the term Jesus 'knew him' suggests to many, that was the case.

To conclude, the most telling passage within the bible, I think it was prior to the coming of Elijah, was this, 'For your thoughts are not my thoughts, neither are my ways your ways' says the Lord.

This suggests without question the acceptance of all things which are different, unfortunately Islam, im my opinion does not.

Elijah is one of the prophets of Islam.

The tragedy of Islam as indeed with Christianity is that succeeding generations have messed around with it.

In the centuries immediately following the Prophet, there can be no denying that Islam was the most enlightened, liberating and humane influence. The crusades and the fall of moorish Spain were enormously backwards steps.

Bucky,

I think where the whole face is covered, it should, who is underneath is anyones guess, illegals, terrorists, male, female, paedo,

could be anyone, you cant have security where you dont know who people are or what they look like!!

My point was basically its ok to curtail other peoples freedoms until it directly affects you.

The government should not decide what people wear.

SO

why is it ok for veils in banks? and not crash helmets or balaclavas?

I was in town yesterday and even the wife commented on feeling like we are the minority in our own town, burkas were out in force,banks,maccy d (now that made me pee myself laughing as a fillet o fish was eating with flap keep being lifted),they even wore them in next!!! (didnt know next sold burkas ? because why else would they look at fashion?)

Archived