BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ghost Myths In Corporation Park, Blackburn! True Or False?

Went to the beach tonight with the dog for a smoke and some chill out time as it's a nice night. The dog was digging holes and I was sat there on the sand when a lady came past with her dog and said hello.

We started chatting and she remarked on the Rovers shirt I was wearing and said she lived in Blackburn for a few years when she was a teenager. She looked friendly enough and as our dogs where playing together she sat down and joined me. It was dark and the scenery looked good with all the surrounding cliffs and the sea in the moonlight. She said it looks haunted and if I knew any good ghost stories? I told a few local tales and then asked her if she knew any in Blackburn.

She then started telling me about all these myths about Corporation Park and how there have been funny goings on and tales of ghost soldiers, mental patients on the loose, people going missing etc!

I've been to Corporation Park loads of times and the closest thing that's attacked me on my visits over the years were a few ducks who quacked at me as I retrieved my football from one of the ponds!

Are there any truth to these ghost tales?

Dunno, but I remember reading this newspaper article in the South China Morning Post about ghosts in Hong Kong, and some people spotted Japanese soldiers walking through a shopping centre, as well as another Japanese soldier beheading someone and lobbing the body off a cliff.

Wasn't there a dead body discovered around the Jack Walker stand when it was being built?

The dead body was that of a missing boy murdered many years ago and for which the offende is now serving his sentence.

As for Corporation Park.

I am originally from Mill Hill and I recall many many years ago tales of patients and babies who had allegedly been dumped in the pond during the second world war. Not too sure if someone was actually murdered there in the 70's (it may well have been Witton Park).

I was told once that The Ivy pub on Infimary St had ghost, which could sometimes be seen late at night walking accross the pool room althogh I never seen it, and that the hand drier in the gents used to go off on it's own although that could be something electrical causing that.

I live near Corpy Park. They used to say 'Flora' used to get down off her pedestal and walk around. The statues on the war memorial were supposed to as well.

Hallucinations maybe?, have to remember the types of people who frequent parks, gluesniffers, acid-heads...

I live near Corpy Park. They used to say 'Flora' used to get down off her pedestal and walk around. The statues on the war memorial were supposed to as well.

Don't blink round Corporation Park then. As for the hand dryer, its probably the ghost of Derek Acorah's credibility.

Does anyone know anybody who has seen a ghost? Not necessarily in Corporation Park. I have a friend who is utterly convinced she has, only heard her speak of it once in nearly 30 years but she is convinced she saw something other worldly.

Does anyone know anybody who has seen a ghost? Not necessarily in Corporation Park. I have a friend who is utterly convinced she has, only heard her speak of it once in nearly 30 years but she is convinced she saw something other worldly.

I`ve not "seen" one myself, but i`ve had one or two "unusual" experiences. Members of my family have seen & heard things in the house i was born in. When i was 16/17 my parents went away for a week, leaving me at home for the 1st time on my own. I got woken during the night by banging on wall (it was the wall between the upstairs landing & my bedroom....an interior wall) It sounded like somebody hitting the wall with their fist. The banging went along the wall with about 6 bangs in all. I thought somebody was in the house. When i checked i was on my own. When my parents got home, i told them about my unusual experience. My mum said she`d seen & heard things for years & i wasn`t to worry cos what-ever it was, it was harmless. My sister swears she`s seen a figure in that house & my mum says she`s seen what she can only describe as 'wuffle dust' ??? or the 1st signs of a manifestation in the corner of the living room.

More recently, my girlfriend & i heard a woman`s voice in the kitchen. We were upstairs at the time. It was only brief, but we both heard it.

.....& i also felt somebody sitting down on my edge of the bed whilst i was asleep. Thinking it was my girlfriend, i turned over & nobody was there. I thought it was my imagination until i felt the matress rise again....like somebody was getting up off it.

A few years ago, a friend of mine asked me if i could smell anything?...whilst sitting in their living room. I suddenly got a very strong whiff of very sweet pipe tobacco.....so i told them "pipe tobacco". My friend was very pleased & told me it was her grandad 'popping in on her'. She said he often visits, sometimes at home, sometimes in the car or even at work. I thought it was very odd, but couldn`t explain where the smell had come form. My friend has a bad lung complaint , so nobody is allowed to smoke in her house. I know it could be anything, but my friend is convinced.

We live in a cottage on the edge of Darwen Moors. Our daughter, who is 19, has the attick bedroom and is convinced there is a friendly child ghost in her room. She has felt its presence several times and seen shadows on the wall. Once, her tv remote vanished and after an extensive search, turned up the following day right at the back of a drawer which she hadn't used for ages.

I have heard footsteps on two occasions and two or three other times I have heard someone in an upstairs bedroom only to find there was only me in the house. The best time, however, was one night when it was on my mind. I must have woken six or seven times during the night at regular intervals. Each time I heard footsteps shuffling around in the room directly above our bedroom, which is our daughter's.

These strange happenings don't bother us at all. We have lived here for three years now and to be honest only occur every now and again.

:unsure:

An ex of mine lived in Darwen and she is convinced there is a ghost in the house. The reason being is that apparently when her lad had a mobile in his room to help him sleep she said that after it had finished sometimes it would start again, also the little lad would point over he shoulder and laugh at nothing in the corner. My ex seemed to think it was there lady who died in the house before she bought it.

There's a story about richard Harris buying a mansion.

One of the upstairs rooms was where a child was killed, it had a lot of disturbances, he decorated it as a nursery and finally got some peace.

Might not have all the details right, but that was what \\i read.

Archived