BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Jackson

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just point out that Michael Jackson was found not guilty of all charges and any post referring to the fact of his guilt will be removed. I know he is dead but his family probably still have good lawyers.

At least wait until the guy is cold in the ground before making jokes.

Can I just point out that Michael Jackson was found not guilty of all charges and any post referring to the fact of his guilt will be removed. I know he is dead but his family probably still have good lawyers.

And I'm sure those lawyers are scouring all the Blackburn Rovers messageboards they can find right now.

How much did he pay the Chandler family to keep the first case against him out of court?

50 is no age but global tragedy it is not! Personally I couldn't stand Michael Jackson. Neither his dreadful screeching music nor his stupid nose and skin colour nor any of his public persona just an overblown song and dance act imo. Worse than that I cannot condone his 'fascination' with children. Poor little rich kid / exploited child star / latter day Peter Pan or not. Realistically he should have been cared for better either in gaol or psychiatric hospital.

I'm already sick of the media hue and cry turning a simple cardiac arrest into a worldwide news event, and I'm dreading the prospect over the next week of having to listen to scores of aged hollywood has beens queuing up all red eyed and emotional in front of the camera's to share mind numbingly stupid and pointless little anecdotes about poor dear Michael with us all.

Just as bad I've had 6 'humerous' txts in an hour!

Neither his dreadful screeching music nor his stupid nose and skin colour nor any of his public persona just an overblown song and dance act imo.

It doesn't suprise me and fair enough he may not have been your cup of tea but how can you doubt MJ's talent as a performer? Or his music?

RIP Michael - a musical genius

It doesn't suprise me and fair enough he may not have been your cup of tea but how can you doubt MJ's talent as a performer? Or his music?

genius? :rolleyes: How would you describe Mozart then? As you say.... not my cup of tea.

He was a superb performer, but he was about as much of a genius as Michael Flatley.

And I'm sure those lawyers are scouring all the Blackburn Rovers messageboards they can find right now.

How much did he pay the Chandler family to keep the first case against him out of court?

C'Mon...as such a big fan of Exeter City, I'm sure he trawled through various clubs forums. :rover:

He was a superb performer, but he was about as much of a genius as Michael Flatley.

He was far, far, far, FAR more than just a dancer though. He wrote most of his big hits, he wasn't just a dancing front man to someone else's work. Plus his singing was brilliantly unique, he had so many unique characteristics in his voice that have unfortunately become cheesey and cliché now thanks to things like Bo Selecta. He also created this global megastar 'Michael Jackson' character that dominated pop culture for decades. Listening to some tributes last night, the last thing he seemed to be was someone's puppet.

I have/had friends who like virtually all kinds of different music and Michael Jackson is the only artist that all those people will freely admit to liking, and it never seems to have been uncool to do so.

I don't ever use the term 'genius' lightly, but I'm quite happy to say Jacko was one.

He was far, far, far, FAR more than just a dancer though. He he wrote most of his big hits, he wasn't just a dancing front man to someone else's work. Plus his singing was brilliantly unique, he had so many unique characteristics in his voice that have unfortunately become cheesey and cliché now thanks to things like Bo Selecta. He also created this global megastar 'Michael Jackson' character that dominated pop culture for decades Listening to some tributes last night, the last thing he seemed to be was someone's puppet.

I have/had friends who like virtually all kinds of different music and Michael Jackson is the only artist that all those people will freely admit to liking, and it never seems to have been uncool to do so.

I don't ever use the term 'genius' lightly, but I'm quite happy to say Jacko was one.

Come on LeC, he wasn't called "wacko jacko" for no reason.

The kindest I can be is that he was "strange" to say the least.

Come on LeC, he wasn't called "wacko jacko" for no reason.

The kindest I can be is that he was "strange" to say the least.

Oh he was an absolute nutjob, no denying that. I'm keeping the career and the person separate though.

one of the if not the biggest pop star of his lifetime. sadly most sad sick individuals will only remember him for what he was accused of even though he was never convicted, plus where was the evidence?

EDIT: apart from in the comment above

I think Le Chuck summed it up perfectly. There's no doubting that the guy was a few sandwiches short of a picnic, but the fact is that he was one of the biggest selling artists of all time - I doubt Thriller will ever be beaten album sales wise. As Le Chuck pointed out, he wrote the majority of his own work - something unique in comparison to many other artists, especially the 'icon's' of today.

IMO and many others he is a genius. I can remember watching this video in sheer amazement:

MJ Performing Billie Jean at Motown 25

Didn't know the guy personally but it is sad (as it is when most people died, famous or not) but as has been said already was a fantastic writer and performer. Yes he was a bit of a fruit loop but being in the public eye since he was 4, who wouldn't be :wacko:

As for the allegations against him, I always found it strange that the kids parents accepted a payment from Jacko to drop the charge. If anyone had abused my kids, no amount of money would stop me from wanting justice and the book thrown at them. I guess we will never know the truth, but what can not be questioned is his impact on the music scene.

I don't think he was a pedo tbh just not fully there and a prime target to be exploited

Sorry for him that he died young and for his family.Not a great fan of his music but he made his mark without doubt.

TCO,you dont pay millions in an out of court settlement if you've nowt to hide. :rock:

• Backroom
Sorry for him that he died young and for his family.Not a great fan of his music but he made his mark without doubt.

TCO,you dont pay millions in an out of court settlement if you've nowt to hide. :rock:

Biggest mistake he ever made was paying that settlement. Opened the floodgates for other families to attempt to take money from him under the same type of charges. I doubt with the legal team he had at his disposal he would have lost the case, either (in fact, I seem to remember reading they initially advised him not to settle but he did it anyway).

Jacko sympathisers say he paid it because he couldn't cope with the court case/allegations, Jacko haters say he's guilty. Doubt we'll ever know, but it was a mistake by him regardless.

Archived