BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr Ruudy Van Nistelrooy!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just seems too good to be true...I just can't see how rude after playing for PSV, Man Utd and Real would want to come back to the prem and play for us

Didn't Souness try to sign him before United signed him up?

I'm pretty sure that was the case, could anyone clear it up for me?

Great signing if we could pull it off, but how much of a pay cut will he be willing to take?

You do realise that it's a load of ###### don't you?

It's the old "we're going for..." game to keep the fans happy during the summer.

I always thought that Rovers were above this kind of thing but, I suppose now Allardyce is in charge, any tactics are fair game.

I'd be very surprised if Ruud signed. I'd hope he hasn't lost that skill in being in the right place at the right time, and his movement off the ball. Pace was never really that important to him in the same way as a striker such as Bellamy for example. I hope that he is not too old and cashing in on former glories too, but from what little I know he was still wanging them in for no less than Real Madrid. I believe he is the second best striker ever to play in the Premier League, behind Shearer.

If he is anything like his Man Utd days, and he's not asking for £150,000 p/w or whatever in wages, get him in.

No sell-on fee.

Too old.

Wages too high.

Backward step.

Sorry, should have posted in the Davies thread.

I'm afraid that it seems that young, hungry players are not on the Ewood agenda. Seems as though the bloke down the road is more interested in tose type of signings. (Fletcher at Hibs)

if i hear the word sell on fee one more time i'm gonna scream

he might improve our league finish, shirt sales, gate reciepts, prestige/attraction to other players who may want to follow. all of these combined could make up for the amount he would cost us. we've done well enough with other players' sell on fees to perhaps ensure we don't have to think about this every time we make a signing

not signing players with experience could see us get relegated (unlikely but always possible) and then the money we would lose with the drop would be a lot more than players like his sell on fees.

if i hear the word sell on fee one more time i'm gonna scream

he might improve our league finish, shirt sales, gate reciepts, prestige/attraction to other players who may want to follow. all of these combined could make up for the amount he would cost us. we've done well enough with other players' sell on fees to perhaps ensure we don't have to think about this every time we make a signing

not signing players with experience could see us get relegated (unlikely but always possible) and then the money we would lose with the drop would be a lot more than players like his sell on fees.

Hear hear, totally agree. We need to get someone in there that can actually excite and entertain us. Even if it doesn't happen, it's showing some ambition. If he's fit and healthy, RVN is an awesome prospect but its a big IF.

Not for me, he's to old for the position , had too many injuries. He's always been purely a goal poacher, that half a yard is critical there and he's lost it. Anybody ever see him score a goal from outside the penalty box ? For a tall guy he's poor in the air also. I'd not mad about Davies but he's the better of the two.

I didn't realize he was 33, thought he was a couple of years younger than that.

Which actually makes it better. Hopefully more clubs will be turned off by his age and we might have a chance.

And yes, he can still be excellent for ys. A lot of players decline in quality in their 30s, but then there are those like Shearer and Sheringham who only get better. One thing Fat Sam proved at Bolton was that he knew how to prolong and make good use of a player's career. Age doesn't matter, it's how you adapt to the chances in your body that do.

Not for me, he's to old for the position , had too many injuries. He's always been purely a goal poacher, that half a yard is critical there and he's lost it. Anybody ever see him score a goal from outside the penalty box ? For a tall guy he's poor in the air also. I'd not mad about Davies but he's the better of the two.

RVN is world class. Davies is a clown!

But, but, but, but - what about his "sell on value"? Or shall "we" ignore that for this one?

Kelbo - the LT are saying that the Davies thing is dead in the water. Williams made a call and was told "nothing doing lad". and that's the end of it apparently.

The fee for Van Nistelrooy is said to be £1.5 million. At that price you can justify it, especially for someone as good as him.

Relies on excellent service to create chances for him and creates little for anyone else (other than non-existent penalties), so with our midfield I'm sure he'll be a smash hit. High wages too but I'm sure the hunger and passion is still there. I've spent the last week being lectured by all and sundry about how we need to find the next Roque to keep the club going in 3 years time but apparently this is different <_< Excuse me for not being jumping up and down with excitement at this but I hope if it happens I'll be eating my words

Ruud is a natural goalscorer, a poacher, someone always there is a chance falls in the box - something we could do with!! For 1.5m its a win, win situation if we could get performance related wages set-up with his agents

Archived