BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] N'zonzi Deal Agreed

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

He looks like he could turn into a real player this one, needs a bit more weight and experience behind him maybe. Although he did put in some tasty challenges today.

I said this in the City Preview thread and I'll say it here, I thought he had a solid debut and put himself about. Good challenges and won the ball a few times for us, also had some decent passing, however, I noted that he does release the ball quickly. It could be a good thing at times, however, i'd like to see him run at the opposition midfield with the ball at his feet. Take a run at them and release the ball out wide or play it in front of the attackers. Overall, I was very impressed by him.

I'll just echo the last few posts really. Had a pretty good game, and considering it was his debut, his age and the league he came from, it was very impressive. I wouldn't start calling him a future superstar yet though. Maybe that's what he'll be, maybe it's not. But let's give it more time before we say anything for sure.

Either way I think it's clear that he at least has the talent to play in this league. Remains to be seen whether he can produce on a consistent basis though.

After the car crash that was 'the Axe' it was just pleasing to see a sitting midfielder who can win tackles, pass and has an ounce of positional sense. Promising.

It appeared to me he was being used as an attacking midfielder more than a defensive one with Andrews playing slightly deeper.

Definately one of the biggest positives from yesterday was N'Zonzi. He's got all the athletic attributes and seemingly has the potential to only get better. Biggest compliment I can give him is that he seems the sort of signing Arsene Wenger would make. He looks comfortable ball and did get in good areas when attacking.

Could N'Zonzi be the box-to-box midielder we've craved for so long? The early signs are certainly good.

If N'zonzi turns out anything like the shrewd business we did with Samba we'll be laughing. Samba must be one of the best buys the club has made in recent years. £400,000 and now he must be worth a good 7-8 million, probably more if City are buying.

I'm looking forward to seeing how N'zonzi develops and performs for the rest of the season. What with Sams comments after the game, it seems as though we'll be seeing alot of him.

just imagine the lad when he is fully up to speed with it all, fitter and with more confidence. He will become a star at Rovers im telling you. To play against a midfield of Barry, Ireland, SWP and Robinho in your 1st game and do so well shows he has big promise.

I think his range of passing will be one of his weaknesses as its very short-sighted. Overall he impressed me but faded quite a lot in the second half. Definitely has potential, and very good in the air.

I get the impression from some of what I saw in pre-season that there is plenty more to come from his passing. In a couple of the games he played some accurate long passes out wide (I think one was shown against Cambridge when he played a ball out wide to Jason Brown).

I would have thought the way he played yesterday was to intentionally keep it simple. Trying to do to much by running past people or attempting ambitious passes could be dangerous against a side with as much pace on the break as Man City, at least until you are used to the league.

Sounds like he will be a regular.

Interesting where we will go with this. I think if Salgado comes in he will play the sitting role paired with N'Zonzi as first choice.

That means Reid, Grella, Dunn, Andrews will be competing for the bench. We seriously need to get rid of at least one of them, somehow. Dunn will probably get a fair bit of game time when he is fit, Andrews will be used as a utility guy to fit in whenever.

Reid and Grella are both going to really struggle to get on the pitch or even on the bench.

as it was his debut, im really impressed.

he seemed to be everywhere at once, with his willingnes to run. Won almost everything in the air and fought bravely.

his physical attributes are certainly impressive.

with further experience, im hoping his overview and passing becomes abit better. And if it does, he has the potential to become a monster.

the young lad has only been here a couple of months, and yet he stepped up and performed well. So far very promising and surprising

Thought he played pretty well, his first touch was simply awful on a few occasions though.

I am certain he may well have been nervous, dont you agree ?

I think we can forgive his early touches. The boy done good.

Compare his debut with that of Andrews and you will see a totally different impression on everyone :P

I am certain he may well have been nervous, dont you agree ?

I think we can forgive his early touches. The boy done good.

Compare his debut with that of Andrews and you will see a totally different impression on everyone :P

You're probably right yeah, down to nerves. It just riles me when a player has a bad first touch, it's such a basic thing to master.

I think Samba joined after Warnock & Bentley but Roque probably could be included. About Robinson I dont think there will be much of a sell on value. I am looking at it from purely a sell-on value.

Robbo is young for a keeper. The sell-on value will be huge if he keeps this rate of improvement up.

It appeared to me he was being used as an attacking midfielder more than a defensive one with Andrews playing slightly deeper.

Definately one of the biggest positives from yesterday was N'Zonzi. He's got all the athletic attributes and seemingly has the potential to only get better. Biggest compliment I can give him is that he seems the sort of signing Arsene Wenger would make. He looks comfortable ball and did get in good areas when attacking.

Could N'Zonzi be the box-to-box midielder we've craved for so long? The early signs are certainly good.

I think it was more to do with the fact that he worked out very quickly Andrews is useless and took it upon himself to take charge in midfield.

As for Robinson, it's not his rate of improvement so much as him regaining his previous form. He's been this good before.

You're probably right yeah, down to nerves. It just riles me when a player has a bad first touch, it's such a basic thing to master.

So tell me why a 28 year old midfielder has a bloody awful first touch??

First touch may be a basic attribute but it comes with practice, like all other parts of a game, practice makes player!!

Archived