SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lars Jacobsen Signs

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you're kidding right?

one bad game. young kid coming through

has the potential to be our first team left back in 3 years time tops and will one day play for a club better than us

No he's not - defensively Olsson is shocking, which for a left back is a bit of a handicap. Seen him for the first team and reserves and always looks more impressive going forwards then defending. In fact if it wasn't for his forward runs he'd have been canned a long time ago.

As for our new signing, I was hoping for someone of better quality, so Emerton could push into midfield. However he's on a free so not a bad piece of business and he's certainly going to be an improvement on Simpson and Andrews there. If it means that it'll be between him and Emerton for the rb slot, and we spend the money on a midfielder I'll be happy. Otherwise think we could have done a bit better - my preference would've been that greek chap.

B) poor signing,not good enough for everton but good enough for us :mellow: just wait till the french 3rd division player arrives :P

Erm, chap, who do you rate and think would be good additions to Ewood?

It's waggy, don't expect anything constructive. He just wants to make as many posts as possible with a smiley at the start and end, and get the word "lardarse" in there somewhere.

I don't see anything wrong with signing a Danish international on a free transfer, someone who plays in a position where we only had one player (Emerton). Either he's a good starter for us, or he's at least a highly capable backup, allowing us to use Emerton in midfield if we want to.

No free transfers people - his wages will reduce the fighting fund by £2m. £11m left.

Don't be daft, we won't budget things like that. We'll have a wage budget for the overall year and Sam will have to work with in that, you don't pick chunks out of the transfer fund. He's a replacement for Ooijer, plain and simple really.

£2 million is nearly £40k a week anyway. I should have worked out it was a pseudo-pessimistic wind-up before I bothered replying.

B) poor signing,not good enough for everton but good enough for us :mellow: just wait till the french 3rd division player arrives :P

He was offered a one year deal by Everton but wanted more stability, fair enough really.

:rover: Why post when you say nothing positive and don't even care enough about the club to support them because of our manager? It isn't like he's purposely jeopradising us! :brfc:

Many people look at Everton as the benchmark for an up-and-coming team. But who wants to be like Everton? Set-piece mania, burly bruisers, playing with no width, scrapping their way to "success"?

I'm not sure where players like Arteta, Osman and Pienaar fit into your description of Everton! I'd kill for players of that quality at Ewood.

For me they're the ideal - a honest bunch of players who work exceptionally hard but have some real ability and play really good football. Combine that with their talented youngsters like Baxter, Gosling and Rodwell too.

I cant understand all this negative wipes over a free signing ?

I have talked positive for Jacobsen since may, and we got him now. I promise you that we have got our self a got player, who likes to attack and is very quick.

So please stop all this BS.

I cant understand all this negative wipes over a free signing ?

I have talked positive for Jacobsen since may, and we got him now. I promise you that we have got our self a got player, who likes to attack and is very quick.

So please stop all this BS.

Has he got pace then? Everton fans said that he was neither quick or slow.

Just been to Everton, a lot of consternation apparently, seems he is rated the best right back at the club and a top player!!! They think Moyes (in whom they trust) might have decided Phil Neville will play out his career at R/B. No-one can understand how he's ended up going on a free.

Just been to Everton, a lot of consternation apparently, seems he is rated the best right back at the club and a top player!!! They think Moyes (in whom they trust) might have decided Phil Neville will play out his career at R/B. No-one can understand how he's ended up going on a free.

Sounds like a quality Big Sam bargain, there must have been other clubs interested in him on a free, we did well to keep it quiet.

I think he'll be a solid player and it means we don't have to see KA at right back again (hopefully)...

Whoever says he's not good enough for us needs their head read ;) Of course he's good enough, people would think Everton were a worst team than us, they finished 10 places above us last season. Any regular first team player from a top 6 side in this league is good enough for Rovers imo.

However, he did have a long term injury. He might have ben a regular if he'd been fit - we'll never know.

Ye he was a first team regular or would have been if he wasn't injured, also someone said he turned Everton down which suggests to me that Everton wanted to keep him.

I say if he's good enough for Everton, he's good enough for Rovers :)

Mate of mine is a big Everton fan.

He didnt play much due to injury last season, but when he did come back into the side he reckkons he looked pretty promising and he wishes they'd kept him. He was only offered 1 year with them though.

He turned Everton down in the sense that once it started to look like he might be third choice it was time for him to go elsewhere.

He turned them down because we offered him the stability of a two year contract whereas they only offered him one. It seems that many Everton fans rate him and believe he would have been playing ahead of Hibbert and Neville if fit.

Edit: I've just pretty much repeated what was said above. Never mind.

I think he'll be a solid player and it means we don't have to see KA at right back again (hopefully)...

No! KA can revert to his permanent slot of brilliant creative and goal scoring midfielder. Who needs Tugay?

B) I'll get my coat.......................

Archived