BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Talk Talk Broadband

I've been staying at my mum's for a week, and she's using talk talk broadband, and surfing the internet is painful. It seems to work ok for a short period, then it starts to hang when loading pages. I'm using firefox, and the progress bar usually gets to about 90% before it hangs. Refreshing doesn't seem to make much difference, and I've even tried going back to IE, but thats as bad.

I've tried 2 different PCs so dont think its PC related, but talk talk just keep getting us to try their speed test webpage, which seems to work ok.

Anyone any suggestions?

try www.speed test.net

are you using ehhernet or wireless?

it could be the modem/router (what ever your using) try and access the settings on it and have a look at the up/down speeds being recived. if your using wireless id would recomend trying ethernet to see if that solves the problem.

I've been staying at my mum's for a week, and she's using talk talk broadband, and surfing the internet is painful. It seems to work ok for a short period, then it starts to hang when loading pages. I'm using firefox, and the progress bar usually gets to about 90% before it hangs. Refreshing doesn't seem to make much difference, and I've even tried going back to IE, but thats as bad.

I've tried 2 different PCs so dont think its PC related, but talk talk just keep getting us to try their speed test webpage, which seems to work ok.

Anyone any suggestions?

if your wireless change the wireless channel.

else

try it without any other devices attached to that phone number, eg fax and phones to see if u still have the same problem.

try changing the filter

Archived