BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Obscure (former) Football Players

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Sukur, Unsal, Yordi and Perez were good Rovers players.

Roy Wegerle........my favourite.

Marian Pahars was a great player for the Saints; always wished we could have signed him.

And who mentioned Ronnie Hildersley? I always liked the little fella.

"Obscure" * Premier League Rovers:

Richard Wishca (spelt incorrectly probably (almost certainly) - Dutch winger who played approx 2 games 94/95)

Richard Brown (Kenny's lucky player)

Tony Dobson (Played first season in the Prem)

Matt Dickens (nicknamed "What the" - had his hands sewn on backwards)

And what a day that was Presty when Ludo played a blinder!

* Probably not to many on here.

"Obscure" * Premier League Rovers:

Richard Wishca (spelt incorrectly probably (almost certainly) - Dutch winger who played approx 2 games 94/95)

It's WISCHE.

And two more Rovers...

Patrick Andersson

Graham Fenton (but will always be regarded as great for his winner against the barcodes in '96(?) that meant they finished 2nd)

My personal Premier League all star team from the early/mid-nineties:

GK: Hans Segers (Wimbledon)

RWB: Gunnar Halle (Oldham)

DC: Andy Linighan (Arsenal)

DC: Ken Monkou (Southampton)

DC: Francis Benali (Southampton)

LWB: Terry Phelan (City)

MC: Glenn Helder (Arsenal)

MC: Andy Clarke (Wimbledon)

MC: Carlton Palmer (Leeds)

FC: Dalian Atkinson (Villa)

FC: John Fashanu (Wimbledon)

FC: Peter Ndlovu (Coventry)

Subs: Daryl Sutch (Norwich), Jason Dozzell (Tottenham), Efan Ekoku (Wimbledon)

Manager: Joe Royle (Oldham)

Jimmy Fryatt..Does his fastest goal in the League still stand?

Jimmy Kerr. Supercrock of all time ....Barry Endean..Scored a cupwinner one against Liverpool but never again for us..John Omara..Scored about 40 goals a season for Brentford then none for us..

Jimmy Fryatt..Does his fastest goal in the League still stand?

Jimmy Kerr. Supercrock of all time ....Barry Endean..Scored a cupwinner one against Liverpool but never again for us..John Omara..Scored about 40 goals a season for Brentford then none for us..

John O'Mara scored two goals on his debut for Rovers, against Charlton I think, I was there but cant be bothered to google!!

Then we tried to make him into a footballer!!!

I know some of you, like myself, have a morbid fascination with old(ish) random Premier League mediocrities such as EIKE IMMEL, JOHN EBRELL, JEREMY GOSS, LARS LEESE, ERIC "SWEATBAND ICON" YOUNG, PAULO FUTRE, JAMIE POLLOCK, STEVE OGRIZOVIC, JOHN "FRICKIN'" SALAKO, PHILEMON MASINGA, PREKI*, etc. I could go on forever. In fact, I think I will do that in this thread.

Let us all reminisce about these fantastic football icons that were so mediocre/sh1t, yet so fantastic! Share your most obscure dream teams with the masses! Brag about your Paul Heald tattoo! Preferrably nineties Premier League players, but it is also fitting to use this thread to discuss modern day legends such as the former Rovers hero BRUNO BERNER.

*=Sorry for the caps lock, but lower case letters simply don't do these legends justice.

Not just any man can score screaming volleys in the european cup against Bayern Munich, Jeremy Goss however is no normal man as he shows

Haha a one off fluke you say, Jeremy laughs in your face as he hammers one past Leeds here although credit has to go to the legendary winger that is Ruel Fox who was quite possibly the greatest player ever to pull on a Montserrat shirt.

Two moments even Brian Deane and Trevor Morley would have been proud to have in their scrapbook.

0,,10355~3281559,00.jpg

I do believe however Jeremy Goss recieved special superhuman powers from that fantastic shirt he was wearing at the time.

Archived