BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Obscure (former) Football Players

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Eric Meijier, the Liverpool striker, or ____ Diomede, also of Liverpool? Peggy Arpexhad, the former Leicester and Liverpool goalie is another to mention, along with Matty Holmes.

BERNARD

Later played for Pompy on loan.

For me: Stimac, Wayne Quinn (ex england u21 and newcastle lb who retired at 27), Olivier Bernard (Robert hammering the ball at his head! no club in 2 years), PAUL WARHURST, Mauricco Tarico (ex spurs) Fabian Caballero (Proof the Arsene Wenger gets scouting kids wrong sometimes) as well as another Wenger boy Cristopher Wreh, Horacio Carbonari (ex derby cb who was amazing imo).

I'd not name Paul warhurst, but that's just my opinion. How about Carl Serrant and Alexander/Alistair Griffin? Both one-time highly rated and promising full backs who had disappeared at Newcastle. Ian Potts of West Ham was always amusing to watch, especially the season where he scored about 5 own goals. Frank Sinclair was entertaining for the same reason.

Although they may not be obsure through their sheer crapness, these two names need mentioning:

Ali Dia (George Weah's 'cousin')

Andrea Silenzi ("If he played for Italy the other 22 players must have been injured."-Alan Hansen)

These men should be forced into knighthood:

Gary Penrice

Darren Barnard

Adem Poric

Kit Symons

Andy Melville

Richard Shaw

Eoin Jess

Dave Busst

Truly sickening if none of these get knighted for their invaluable contribution to the great sport.

EDIT: ANDY MYERS

Don't know about you guys, but I had forgotten about Luc Nillis playing for Villa. David Buust's name made me think of him as they both had hideous injuries. I think the guy who took the famous picture of Buust's leg made at least £200,000 of that one picture that weekend.

Whoever mentioned Sasa Cucric a while ago gave a good shout Apparently he was on Serbian Celeb Big Brother. And how about these guys:

Callum Davidson

Paul Parker

Frank Talia

Ian Woan

Justin Edinburgh

Paulo Futre (West Ham forward)

Dumitrescu (West Ham and Spurs)

• 2 weeks later...

Dumitrescu was part of what Spurs fans called "The Famous 5." There other members where Teddy Sheringham, Jürgen Klinsmann, Nick Barmby and Darren Anderton.

Good player imo, had a brilliant world cup in USA94 as did the whole Romanian side at the expense of Wales.

Anyway a few more

Robert Rosario

Eric Young

John Ebbrell

Ian Butterworth

Pat Van Den Hauwe

Tim Breaker

Julian Dicks

Darren Eadie

Good player imo, had a brilliant world cup in USA94 as did the whole Romanian side at the expense of Wales.

Paul Bodin (who missed the pen for Wales that sent Romania to the World Cup) plays at the same golf course as me.

Paul Bodin (who missed the pen for Wales that sent Romania to the World Cup) plays at the same golf course as me.

Does he still slice them as badly as his infamous pen?

I felt really sorry for him when he missed that. I always thought he was a very decent player. Seemed a good, honest pro.

Bodin tried breaking the net with the penalty, emotions were high and he went for power rather than placement. Rush, Saunders and Speed were all on the pitch and none of them fancied it. I don't think anyone has any hatred towards Bodin for the miss, at least he had the guts to take it and they like that in Wales.

Southall came out and took the blame for the defeat because of the Hagi goal, it just wasn't meant to be.

Didn't Newcastle have a crap midfielder called Hamilton? He was a black guy, and may have also played for Bradford.

I always thought that Mikkel Beck, former Boro striker was also is Eastenders as that Scottish bird who was with that bloke with AIDS.

Archived