BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha Ha, no need to worry about 18 months into the future, in the mean time they have a little tour to South Africa to start getting prepped for.

If you guys need any tips on how to win there, give us a hoy.

I bet it doesn't involve not playing a spinner on a wicket that looks like it'll turn into a spinners paradise. ;)

Not quite. The batsmen scored well in the 1st innings at Cardiff..they got over 600...remember that? The bowlers were responsible for England getting away with a draw.

So it had nothing whatsoever to do with the excellent batting coaching policy in place for the tail enders ?

No need to weep my friend, I saw enough to suggest a resounding Australian victory when you come to visit. Enjoy it while you can :)

On what basis neekoy ? There is no doubting the batting quality the Aussies have, ther eis no doubting some of the fielding

is excellent however, when it comes to bowling your team comes up short.

Hilfenhaus is the one shining light. Siddle is a plodder and would never have gotten so many wickets but for poor batting decisions by our batsmen. Lee will be gone in 2 years time or if he is still around he will be belting them down 15 mph slower than he is today. Johnson is your great hope however, like your other left arm quickie (the one with the girly headband) he often goes awol at the wrong time. As for spin, it is clear that the pitch reading qualities of the management have not been that good.

I think the "away" Ashes series is going to be a lot closer than you think. Batting wise there aint a lot in it, or wont be come 2010 but on the pitch fielding/bowling wise, I think we will win hands down.

I am predicitng a draw already. Too many runs will be scored by superior batsmen, unless of course the weather decides to rain a little more than recent decades.

So it had nothing whatsoever to do with the excellent batting coaching policy in place for the tail enders ?

On what basis neekoy ? There is no doubting the batting quality the Aussies have, ther eis no doubting some of the fielding

is excellent however, when it comes to bowling your team comes up short.

Hilfenhaus is the one shining light. Siddle is a plodder and would never have gotten so many wickets but for poor batting decisions by our batsmen. Lee will be gone in 2 years time or if he is still around he will be belting them down 15 mph slower than he is today. Johnson is your great hope however, like your other left arm quickie (the one with the girly headband) he often goes awol at the wrong time. As for spin, it is clear that the pitch reading qualities of the management have not been that good.

I think the "away" Ashes series is going to be a lot closer than you think. Batting wise there aint a lot in it, or wont be come 2010 but on the pitch fielding/bowling wise, I think we will win hands down.

I am predicitng a draw already. Too many runs will be scored by superior batsmen, unless of course the weather decides to rain a little more than recent decades.

The bowling attack that went to england and started the first test was extremely inexperienced at this level. What I believe we saw in the series for Hillfy and the last couple of tests from Siddle was a coming of age. They will be better prepared next time.

I can't see a whitewash or anything silly but I like our chances better then this series. Of course if Rudi is there anything could happen :(

No need to weep my friend, I saw enough to suggest a resounding Australian victory when you come to visit. Enjoy it while you can :)

I think we ll be stronger in 2 years time and you guys weaker

I m coming over for the series so we shall see

The bowling attack that went to england and started the first test was extremely inexperienced at this level. What I believe we saw in the series for Hillfy and the last couple of tests from Siddle was a coming of age. They will be better prepared next time.

I can't see a whitewash or anything silly but I like our chances better then this series. Of course if Rudi is there anything could happen :(

Thats it BLAME THE SODDIN UMPIRE B):PB)

Sunning on a Turkish beach when England finally secured victory so let me offer belated congratulations to our glorious boys on a dogged, determined and well deserved Ashes triumph.

England are not world beaters by any means but they can look forward to a tough series in South Africa with confidence after showing this summer that they can win matches even when they are not playing particularly well.

Broad, Strauss and Swann have been the stars while others have played their part with vital contributions. Farewell Freddie, inspirational and charismatic cricketer but sadly never reached his full potential because of injury.

As for the opposition, who cares ??

Hehe.

I do, like the Windies we need a strong Australia to keep cricket interesting - however, just as long as they arent stronger than us, is all I ask for :)

Both teams need major surgery, however England have to deal with losses of form and a player who was rarely available anyway - Aus are looking at a batting line up without Kattich, Hussey, Ponting (although I guess he'll cling on for grim death until the next ashes series), Watson (oh come on he'll break down again before the next series) and lose Lee and Clark. And possibly Haddin too in the nexy 12 months or so

Thats a hell of a lot of talent to replace

I do, like the Windies we need a strong Australia to keep cricket interesting - however, just as long as they arent stronger than us, is all I ask for :)

Both teams need major surgery, however England have to deal with losses of form and a player who was rarely available anyway - Aus are looking at a batting line up without Kattich, Hussey, Ponting (although I guess he'll cling on for grim death until the next ashes series), Watson (oh come on he'll break down again before the next series) and lose Lee and Clark. And possibly Haddin too in the nexy 12 months or so

Thats a hell of a lot of talent to replace

You're joking right? Hussey has given the team nothing for two years. Katich is determined player but he isn't 'talented'. Watson is talented but not determined.

Lee has been a peripheral test player for a long time.

We'll be OK. The one aspect of the Australian team that does worry me is our poor selection choices of spinners.

but you need to find adequate replacements for them all. And you havent found ones for Hayden, Warne, Gilchrist or McGrath yet

Jesus flops you have just named four players who would be in the greatest XI of all time!

Hughes will come back, he has too much going for him not to be one of the elite, there is a young bloke from Victoria named Micheal Hill who they are raving about.

You will see the likes of Doran, Flores and Marsh in the next couple of years and they will be ones to watch for the return Ashes tour.

Add to that they just finished an U19's series with India and although it was steep learning curve to start with finished very well.

I know they were once in a lifetime players, which is why I said "adequate"

I was at the Oval yesterday, knawing my arm off in frustration by the uselessness of our top order (although they were neck and neck with your score right up to the end).

I think Ferguson is brilliant, although I do feel you need a middle order smiter, as Symonds was

Brett Lee was stood right in front of us for most of the England innings, dear lord, he has buttocks you could crush cars with, my friend Lynn, who was with us, used up a two gb memory card taking pictures.

but you need to find adequate replacements for them all. And you havent found ones for Hayden, Warne, Gilchrist or McGrath yet

A bit harsh on Haddin and Johnson. Haddin has shown he is more than capable of filling the role vacated by Gilchrist. Johnson is a good bowler, and will get better. McGrath was one of the best bowlers, and to find a direct replacement will be extremely difficult. Warne is the hardest to replace im afraid. Not one spinner brought in to the Aussie team has done anything, to hold down a regular starting place.

After this Ashes euphoria, the current 1 day squad have shown they are far and away behind this Aussie team who, IMO are nowhere near as good as what they used to be.

Collingwood is inept.

Bresnan isnt capable.

Sidebottom is a poor one day bowler.

Bopara is utter rubbish.

Shah is awful.

Anderson is hit and miss with his bowling.

The performances so far have been nothing short of embarrassing.

3-0 down without a fight.

Archived