BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australia can still win this. If they bat quickly, and bowel England out for little in the 2nd innings then the 5th day might be fun if they have to chase say 250 or 300.

Australia can still win this. If they bat quickly, and bowel England out for little in the 2nd innings then the 5th day might be fun if they have to chase say 250 or 300.

Or they could just try and bat once and put England in on a deteriorating pitch, would be an interesting run chase, more likely a draw though if that's the plan.

Is that legal? ;)

Hahaha well spotted LeftWinger. Sorry i meant bowl.

Or they could just try and bat once and put England in on a deteriorating pitch, would be an interesting run chase, more likely a draw though if that's the plan.

I cant see the Aussies batting once. I know they will try and score quickly and have 2 days or so at the England batsmen

Christmas 2010-11

Desperate for an early breakthrough tomorrow. What are we, 8 or so overs off the new ball? Need to take it as soon as possible.

If there's any chance of a positive result for England in this test we need to take 9 wickets by cop tomorrow, if not sooner.

Christmas 2010-11

Desperate for an early breakthrough tomorrow. What are we, 8 or so overs off the new ball? Need to take it as soon as possible.

If there's any chance of a positive result for England in this test we need to take 9 wickets by cop tomorrow, if not sooner.

Dont think the new ball will put fear into either Katich or Ponting. Katich is use to facing the new ball anyway, and Ponting came in with the 1st new ball still very much in tact. Im predicting at least for the partnership to reach 300 before a wicket falls

Dont think the new ball will put fear into either Katich or Ponting. Katich is use to facing the new ball anyway, and Ponting came in with the 1st new ball still very much in tact. Im predicting at least for the partnership to reach 300 before a wicket falls

You an Aussie fan Iceman?

Hardly a surprise the Aussies piled 'em on today. I think it was just as well we batted first and got a decent score on the board. Reminded of Nasser I think batting first at Brisbane to stop us being out of the game after one day, and got rolled for 100 odd!

We need some moisture in the morning to get some bend on the ball, and a bit of jam for an early break through. Any more than 60~70 deficit and we may be struggling, weather permitting, as the the run rate, as usual these days is too rapid for five days.

Still hope for us though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Australia has never played here before, and therefore wouldn't truly understand what the pitch does and doesn't do. So in that light, I think they've done well so far.

Given that, their fist innings isn't finished yet, so we can't compare the two teams. It's my guess that the England bowlers will come back on the third day and make it an even contest going into the final two days.

BazzaNSG, your thoughts on this comment:

Graeme Swann,

But he did not attempt to disguise England's disappointment at the Australians' close of play score.

"We didn't put the ball in the right place often enough. We can whinge and moan about the ball going soft, the wicket being flat and Katich not being given out lbw off me but that's the way of the game," he said.

"It turned about as much as I expected. Everyone has been telling me it's going to turn square but I've played here before and I know the odd ball turns but the majority don't and you've got on because of that lack of pace.

He who laughs the loudest....

You conceeded 100 runs in just over an hour yesterday, from the tailenders. It was funny as hell.

That doesnt take away from the excellent batting from Ponting and Katich and the poor bowling from England

Archived