BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Funny feeling allardyce will still land davies, I believe he will return to the board after they now know the prices of alternatives and request a formal bid. Davies will be tapped and in line with megsons previous comments regarding changing some players to change their style of play I think it will happen. One thing is for sure John williams' long time prophecy of it becoming harder and harder for us to stay in the prem is becoming reality. Time for some serious decisions to be made. I'd love us to splash big money on cordozo or such like, however what we all have to remember is for any other PL club to spend +10m and get it wrong would be awful for us it would be catastrophic, possibly ending our PL hopes. If he didn't come off, maybe just due to a freak injury we then wouldn't have the funds to replace and would be up the creek!

I suggest you keep your funny feelings in check. :D

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok have you ever watched a full match with janko playing?If you where manager we would be signing kris boyd ffs

Why do you keep refusing to acknowledge this point about other clubs bidding on players? I don't think T4E has even said he wants us to sign Janko. Your last part, apart not actually making any sense, is just childish.

Nicko in your opinion how far down the list is janko or is he even on it?Do you know if our scouts were impressed by him?

Why do you keep refusing to acknowledge this point about other clubs bidding on players? I don't think T4E has even said he wants us to sign Janko. Your last part, apart not actually making any sense, is just childish.

blackburn looked at santa cruz and samba liked what they saw and bid.They have made no bid for janko despite ther desperation for a striker.My innitial point was why so many are in favour of janko when in truth they have probably only seen clips of him scoring goals

Saved me a bother.

Saved me a bother.

look sorry i am in bad mood at work and frustrated that we have not bought a striker in,but i really don't get why people are so in favour of janko on the back of a few vido clips and it is a sub standard league he was playing in

we still not bought luca toni yet?

I think Sam got his Italian forwards confused as we've ended up with Christian Vieri.

Easily done - one was rumoured to be Mister X, the other is Mister XXL

Nicko in your opinion how far down the list is janko or is he even on it?Do you know if our scouts were impressed by him?

I think he is on the list of possibles...but he is very expensive and at a wealthy club who are in Europe...so you would have to over-bid for him or wait until they go out of Europe.

It's going to be about available strikers very shortly.

At the end of last week there were an awful lot of calls made, some big figures bandied around and no-one has arrived [apart from Vieri on trial].

I think that tells the story.

Sounds like we ___ked ourselves over on the striker front and will rely on lazy Benni and a list of players who were good 10 years ago. I just hope we can soften the blow with some butt-kicking midfielders.

Otherwise it'll be another season that will leave even our young fans with hair the same colour as Tugays!

I think he is worth the risk, together with Cardoza who I think would be similar wages but higher fee.

Not to pick on you as so many people have been doing it but am I the only person getting slightly fustrated at people calling him Cardoza.

Its Cardozo!!!

Not to pick on you as so many people have been doing it but am I the only person getting slightly fustrated at people calling him Cardoza.

Its Cardozo!!!

It would seem so, don't beat yourself up over it, I promise to use two O's in future. :P

Not sure if these points have been made but our lack of progress in getting a striker in has got me thinking.

Firstly, do they need to be top class - as oppose to a squad player?

Definately yes. Thinking back there were times when Roberts for all his effort was utterly in the pocket of the defence. Man Utd at home springs to mind as one example, when he came on for Rocky, it removed all chance of us getting something from the game. Against top opposition he lacks that bit of magic/extra quality to get the better of them.

Equally Benni is the reverse, he has that ability, but consistency is his main problem. All though he's a great predator and has the ability to beat any defender, it isn't guarenteed that he'll do his bit of magic in a game. Even if he does, in some games this isn't enough of a contribution from him.

Both are options well worth having in the team and squad, and will undoubtedly benefit rovers, however I'm not sure that either is good/consistent enough to lead the line as the no 1 striker at rovers. I know benni did it a few years back, and I guess it could work again, but that was in a better team, and Benni has yet to reach that level of performance in the last 2 seasons. Far too much of a risk imo.

Secondly, if all the strikers are out of our price range, how about converting Samba to a striker?

On the plus side the guy has good technique, and we saw last season what havoc he can cause up front. Even if he doesn't get any/many goals, he create lots of chances for others, and causes defences all sorts of problems. It worked, to an extent last season, and could probably work again. However, his stamina is not there yet for a striker, and the biggest worry of all is that his shooting is woeful - a big handicap for a striker. Overall, I think it should only be a desperate measure, an option in the squad, as this lack of predatory instinct/shooting accuracy is too big a drawback for this to be a viable long term option. However, if prices continue to stay how they are, we may well see more of Samba up front.

Overall I guess this is a long winded way of saying I think rovers are going to have to bite the bullit and pay over the odds to get a proven striker.

It's sad to say Den but thats probably THE only way we can attract the calibre of player we want and need.

Can't accept that SG.

If that were so, how come all the other clubs around us in the Prem, don't do the same. I don't recall many clubs selling their better players because of get out clauses.

They're killing us.

Can't accept that SG.

If that were so, how come all the other clubs around us in the Prem, don't do the same. I don't recall many clubs selling their better players because of get out clauses.

They're killing us.

I think in this particular instance the clause was fine. The Bentley, Duff and Bellamy clauses caused us a few more issues as they were players who we might have been able to hold on to or demand higher fees for. We certainly seem to use them a bit more than other clubs, but I don't know how they figure in the negotiations and whether they change wages, bonuses, term of contractor anything like that, so it is a bit difficult to be too critical of the club for using them unless we know why they are being favoured. We just need to be very careful and make sure the fee is always set at a decent figure, I think a decent rule of thumb would be 20 million as that will always provide us with a decent amount to spend, put off the majority of our rivals and it gets to a figure we wouldn't really be able to refuse even without the clause.

The only word I heard was that Reidy's knee is still a cause for some concern because the latest op was quite complicated...nobody will really know until he starts playing matches.

Cheers fella, not really expecting anything from Reid... Been too long out the game imo <_<

Archived